Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C930F6F-A8FB-4178-8104-95788461B309.PNG
image-70.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Posted to their Facebook page around 2:30 today:

LIVE - Stern Star Trek Tutorial w/ Bowen Kerins
Saturday, November 2 at 7:00pm
twitch.tv/papatvpinball

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Posted to their Facebook page around 2:30 today:
LIVE - Stern Star Trek Tutorial w/ Bowen Kerins
Saturday, November 2 at 7:00pm
twitch.tv/papatvpinball

Good decision I hope they do this on all future releases. For there to be a worth while tutorial there needs to be adequate code IMO.

#3 10 years ago

agree but maybe there will be a code update by then! lets hope!

#4 10 years ago

I'm guessing this will be on the pro

#5 10 years ago

Due to limited code it will be shorter than the ST promo video

#6 10 years ago

It will be on the pro, and we will also take questions during the tutorial from viewers. If the game software changes dramatically in the future, we will do an updated video, similar to how we did with ACDC.

#7 10 years ago

Cant wait! Just ordered a LE today! Game looks killer!

#8 10 years ago

Mark, you guys are doing an outstanding job with the new equipment!

I'll be watching with my BAO shirt on, lol.

Keep up the great work.

#9 10 years ago

I can only hope the software is worthy of the tutorial by then.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

It will be on the pro, and we will also take questions during the tutorial from viewers. If the game software changes dramatically in the future, we will do an updated video, similar to how we did with ACDC.

Please let us know at the start of the session what code version your particular unit is running. And thanks for putting this together!

#11 10 years ago

Cool.

1 week later
#12 10 years ago

so tomorrow is the big day.

hope it's going to be on papa's website so i can watch it after work.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

so tomorrow is the big day.
hope it's going to be on papa's website so i can watch it after work.

twitch.tv always has stuff archived, I can't imagine this being any different.

#14 10 years ago

What time zone?

#15 10 years ago

Not sure what time zone, but probably too late for most in Europe sadly.

If you do this again, a midday US live event works out nicely both sides of the Atlantic, especially on a weekend.

#16 10 years ago

Yes, 7:00 PM Nov 2, but what time zone?

#17 10 years ago

Eastern time zone, so 4pm for me on the Pacific.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

If you do this again, a midday US live event works out nicely both sides of the Atlantic, especially on a weekend.

Really? It's going to be only Midnight in Italy/France/England. From my travels over there, that is not "too late". But if you're "early to bed, early to rise" I'm sure you'll be covered with a link to the video in the am.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

I think that Twitch saves the video anyhow, so you can watch it later or whenever you want...

#20 10 years ago

4PM PST is when I have my colonic. I hope they can reschedule.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I think that Twitch saves the video anyhow, so you can watch it later or whenever you want...

Which, apparently, you can't do on iPhone...at least not an iPhone 4. Even tried downloading their app today. Boneheads...lol...

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Which, apparently, you can't do on iPhone...at least not an iPhone 4. Even tried downloading their app today. Boneheads...lol...

I have an iphone too, it's iphones fault...I like my phone and apple products, but they do have their downfalls and annoyances...

#23 10 years ago

Bowen blew it away. I'm even more excited about the STLE coming out now. The game is DEEP. He didn't ever make it to the Captain's chair. Interesting to find out the the modes are 3 dimensional. Any 3 vertical of the playfield (of the same mode) gives major points. He concentrated on "Save the Enterprise" at the beginning of a game and finished all three getting into Wizard mode. He said "it's like the 3d chess they played on Star Trek". Very cool.

#24 10 years ago

Bowen blew it away. I'm even more excited about the STLE coming out now. The game is DEEP. He didn't ever make it to the Captain's chair. Interesting to find out the the modes are 3 dimensional. Any 3 vertical of the playfield (of the same mode) gives major points. He concentrated on "Save the Enterprise" at the beginning of a game and finished all three getting into Wizard mode. He said "it's like the 3d chess they played on Star Trek". Very cool.

I am excited too. The thing I really like is there are different strategies to playing the game (similar to ACDC). I really like the way the game is shaping up.

#25 10 years ago

I like how you are able to restart the modes if you did not finish them.

#26 10 years ago

Bowen definitely tore it up! There's a reason he's the current world champion you know...

After watching this I definitely have a higher opinion of the game. It sounds like the recent code update improved game play which seems to be the case lately. So far the Pro is looking pretty good. I'd buy one except for that pesky MMR that I have hanging over my head.

Edit since I watched some more of Part II. That whole 3-D mode completion thing is really cool. So can you complete levels 1,2,3 of a mode, level 1,2 of the next mode then level 1 of the 3rd mode and get 3 in a row? Nifty. If only they had incorporated 4 LEDs into each one of those mode indicators. There's 3 segments surrounding each mode, woulda been cool to light 1 per level.

Is it just me or does the Nerd music sound like sped up Flaming Lips?

Here's the link FYI: http://papa.org/2013/11/02/star-trek-tutorial-live/

#27 10 years ago

That was with the 1.3 code? This game is gonna KILL me. Can't wait to get my Pro, would love an LE but a little short of $$$$.

#28 10 years ago

Does Bowen know it's "NERO", not "NERD"

#29 10 years ago

... he says it right later, so I'd say he does.

#30 10 years ago

They really did a great job on the dots with this one. It seems like over the last 18 months they've been spending more time/effort on fluid, varied animations.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

... he says it right later, so I'd say he does.

Right, I think he is just being funny about the fact that the font makes it look like it says NERD.

#32 10 years ago

What a great player and a great game.

#33 10 years ago

I really enjoyed watching and it really helped my understanding of the game. Thanks Bowen and team.

#34 10 years ago

I can't find the video - is it available?

#36 10 years ago

The one comment that scared me is that he felt the "mission start" shot was hard. I mean, if it's hard for him, I can only assume it requires divine intervention for me to make it!

#37 10 years ago

That link does not show the video, it shows I missed the video

Or is my F'n apple product struggling again?

image-70.jpgimage-70.jpg
#38 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Your apple is struggling. It still works fine for me.

#39 10 years ago

Flippin awesome! Great job as always Bowen. This tutorial was great for helping understand rules and gameplay. It also helps with my decision buying the LE. I feel warm and cozy knowing this title will be fantastic. Thanks again!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

agree but maybe there will be a code update by then! lets hope!

called it and yes I quoted myself lol

#41 10 years ago

What I was impressed at was he could constantly talk and play the game outrageously at the same time.
What I found funny is that he could make a 3D chess reference from TOS but when playing Destroy the Drill 3 - he didn't know what the challenge was - which is trying to beam up a falling Kirk and Sulu. So he's definitely not watched the first JJA film! lol

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I have an iphone too, it's iphones fault...I like my phone and apple products, but they do have their downfalls and annoyances...

Right, I agree it's Apple's fault for not supporting flash, but when Twitch made their app, they only let it view LIVE broadcasts. You can't search their archives to watch prior videos, and you can't even FIND THE CHANNEL unless there's a live broadcast on it at the exact moment. That's pretty dingy IMO. Why even bother making the app when 90% of your content isn't accessible?

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

The one comment that scared me is that he felt the "mission start" shot was hard. I mean, if it's hard for him, I can only assume it requires divine intervention for me to make it!

It's not that bad. Of course, if you're playing at PAPA on Superbands that you're not used to and they've done something wacky like replace the flippers with lightning flippers, you never know....but on a factory machine, it could be worse. It's not any worse than the crystal ball shot on WOZ, or the "H" shot on Doctor Who, or the allspark shot on TF (minus the bounce-outs LOL).

#44 10 years ago

I originally gave this game a "meh" review, but I am now rethinking it. Great job Bowen!!! Just too bad they don't have a LE or premium ready for you to play.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No it's not your apple unless you're using an iPad. iPad's do not support flash, but word is the new one coming for Christmas will. My iMac plays it fine. If you're using an iMac or MacBook and it's not playing you need to simply update your software. Go up to the apple icon in the upper left side of the screen. Click it. Then click on "Software Updates". Update everything. Mac's run better when all software is running current codes.

#46 10 years ago

Great job, Bowen! Loved the comments regarding Steve Ritchie and the skill shot.

#47 10 years ago

No it's not your apple unless you're using an iPad. iPad's do not support flash, but word is the new one coming for Christmas will. My iMac plays it fine. If you're using an iMac or MacBook and it's not playing you need to simply update your software. Go up to the apple icon in the upper left side of the screen. Click it. Then click on "Software Updates". Update everything. Mac's run better when all software is running current codes.

It's the iPad/flash. I have the same issue. Why is it they don't support flash? Is it a hardware or software licensing issue?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It's the iPad/flash. I have the same issue. Why is it they don't support flash? Is it a hardware or software licensing issue?

No, it's an "Apple being a bunch of dicks" issue. They want control over everything on the device, and a cut of every revenue. If the thing can simply run flash off any webpage, they lose a TON of games that could've been just slapped up somewhere instead of having to be an "app". They also claim that Flash used too much processing power and that it killed battery life.....not that they've ever been stunning in that department anyways. Would love to know which uses up more battery, TPA or flash video, becuase TPA will kill my phone dead in an hour.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No, it's an "Apple being a bunch of dicks" issue. They want control over everything on the device, and a cut of every revenue. If the thing can simply run flash off any webpage, they lose a TON of games that could've been just slapped up somewhere instead of having to be an "app". They also claim that Flash used too much processing power and that it killed battery life.....not that they've ever been stunning in that department anyways. Would love to know which uses up more battery, TPA or flash video, becuase TPA will kill my phone dead in an hour.

Nope. It's dead on all mobile devices:

http://www.businessinsider.com/adobe-to-kill-mobile-flash-starting-august-15-2012-6

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Read the Steve Jobs biography.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-tutorial-announcement-nov-2nd/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.