(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#250 9 years ago

Aurich, anyway you can post a pic of your new translight next to the original? No biggie if you can't. Nice work on it. We have our sights set on a new ST Pro and this is looking like the first mod purchase for it!!

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't have a Pro I can photograph, but it sounds like you want something like this quick mockup?

star-trek-pro-vs-aurich.jpg 57 KB

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#415 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to get this the last few days. I'm now finally paid up. Send me the goodies!

Ahhh, Tiger! Your holding me up from getting mine on the back up list. LOL

#446 9 years ago

So does this mean you've sold the remaining ones from the 1st order that hadn't paid? Assuming so and that I'm on the next list, how long do you estimate the printing of the 2nd run?

#452 9 years ago

I just paid then checked outside my door. It hasn't arrived. I'll check again in five minutes

#457 9 years ago

Gosh I can't wait. My postman issued a restraining order because I kept following him and asking if he'd received it yet.

#485 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They should go on the front of the grill?

It's not installed backwards so to speak. He didnt do the 3D install where the order would be speaker, grill, led, then acrylic. He did speaker, led, grill then acrylic. The 3D way is how I have my AC/DC set up and looks fantastic. My ST Pro is set up his way because I didn't buy the acrylic yet. I thought it might be too busy with Aurich's new decal on the way. Looks good on his so looks like ill pull the trigger on it next.

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yes, the logo is backwards, as Aurich described. They should be flipped over horizontally (see the flipped picture attached and the original above).
The mounting method (3D, Normal, Hidden) on the Star Trek acrylics isn't as important as some other acrylic designs. The designs that really benefit from the 3D install are the ones that have some of the design etched...especially if it is etched mirror material. Getting the design away from the grill on those types of designs makes it look much better as it keeps the grills from showing the grill holes through the design.

FLIPPED.jpg 48 KB

Got it. I see what you mean. Completely didn't get that from a glance. I just saw the speaker grill behind the etching went from there.

#488 9 years ago

Everyone has said it looked better in person but you just don't get it to you receive yours. Wow! It looks so much better in person! The clarity and depth of field is amazing on this. OK, just for fun here is our progression to change the Pro to a "Promium" so far:

ST1.JPGST1.JPG

ST2.JPGST2.JPG

ST3.JPGST3.JPG

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hear ya, gotta save my penny's for that one though. Maybe they will have a Black Friday sale.

It would have to be one hell of a sale for me at this point lol

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can always roll your own if you don't mind a little wiring.

I've thought about it but don't know where to start. Any ideas?

#509 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you're interested in rolling your own this is what you want to read:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-flashers-or-under-cabinet-lighting-for-15-for-modern-sterns
That's part 2, about making an interactive one. Part 1 is linked right at the start, and is just for making a static version.
Even a static version can be cool though. My friend and I modified the Refinery prototype with some always on static features, some blue lights behind the nacelles and warm lights behind the firey planet in the lower right.

Thanks, can't wait to get reading. When I saw the refinery version I thought blue lights behind the nacelles would be awesome.

Edit: That is some good reading and seems fairly straight forward and not too complicated. I can't wait to do this now!

#513 9 years ago

Do you have the link handy for the pinball refinery backbox LED mod? It isn't on his site. Also. I'd love to see what you did with the blue LEDs on the nacells and such. Can you post pics?

#519 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, the link I have doesn't work anymore, brings up a Walking Dead board. Maybe he stopped making them. Might have to email him.
I can take some pics, but it's really hard to document what it looks like in person. Camera hates backlit stuff, really blows out the sensors.

Yeah taking pictures of LEDs in a backbox blows but I'd love to see it anyway. I've had luck taking pictures with a flash as it seems to even out the hot spots the LEDs seem to produce. I've seen, and taken, so many bad ones I'm pretty good at extrapolating what it really should look like. Plus I really want to see an under the hood pic as well of it. Also, did you do any other color than the nacells? like orange behind the astroids?

1 week later
#561 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's sized so perfectly that I can't tell there's another one under the new one. It's a perfect fit. Great job Aurich

Same here. Just put it right over the old one. I didn't won't to remove the old one and it leave behind artifacts I would have to deal with and not have a smooth surface to apply it to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.