(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#99 9 years ago

Great work; I look forward to seeing pics on your machine!

The instruction card looks great, too. A few suggestions:

Maybe say "Upper Lanes" or "Top Lanes" or "Beam Me Up Lanes" for Prime Directive galactic mode so it's less ambiguous (vs inlanes and outlanes or the saucer which can be referred to as the "left lane").

Maybe "Red Matter Targets" for Nero galactic mode.

Maybe "Galactic Away Team Mode Shots" instead of just "Galactic Mode Shots". I think that is the real name if I remember from SR's note and it will reinforce that it's referring to the modes started from the Away Team shot.

Also the word "the" in "Save the Enterprise" isn't aligned on its line correctly (on the two bottom lines) and stands out oddly to me. Compare to "Destroy the Drill". But I know this isn't final.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I want this to be a clear cheat sheet people can refer to

Yup, I think it will help a lot in that regard.

Also, if I'm being really picky, I believe "3 Deep Shot" should be hyphenated as "3-Deep Shot" (like "3-point shot")

1 week later
#134 9 years ago

Looking good; I like the way the plunger sticker turned out.

Where'd you get that keychain? I've been looking for a simple one like that but the only ones I find online are overpriced metal ones that apparently break easily.

1 month later
#368 9 years ago

So for the plunger decal do you just pull the rubber tip off the shooter rod? Seems like it is really on there and I don't want to damage it using pliers or something.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

You have to remove the rubber tip and the e-clip that secures the spring to the rod. I just used a pair of needle nosed pliers to grab it and pull it off. Takes a bit of effort but not much. It will just pull off. Then disassemble the rest of the washers/spring from the rod and pull it through the housing(pay attention to the order that everything goes back on). You can just use hand pressure to snap the e-clip back on.
I had never done it before either so I ended up removing the entire plunger assembly from the cabinet so I could work on it better. Knowing what I know now, it's not necessary to do that though.

Thanks, I ended up using one side of the needle nose to push the rubber tip up and off slowly while rotating the rod. Pushing it off from the bottom worked better than pinching and pulling on it.

Had a hell of a time with the eclips on the coin mechs, though. Ended up using a small hammer to get them back on but it was tricky with the small space and needing to hold several things at once.

Everything looks fantastic now, though!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals?tu=Roo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.