(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#155 9 years ago

OK, just saw this and I think I just had a pinball nergasm. OMG!

Trans looks awesome and the Pro I recently bought already came with your other alt. As much as I love that one, the more colorful look of this one will go well with the rest of the playfield.

I can't believe how much the speaker panel looks like it is backlit. I already have a speaker light kit on the way and along with you panel, it's REALLY going to pop!

I'm also getting the illuminated plunger from the refinery and the plunger plate decal is going to look really cool with that I think.

The rest are just really nice touches that are going to complete the package. My gawd my already hot pin is going to look unbelievable!

Fantastic work!

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just to be clear I haven't done any other one for Star Trek. There's one you can get on eBay, that has the wrong ship and a big emblem around it, maybe that's what you mean. That's art stolen from some Star Trek Online game, I had nothing to do with it, and I would expect mine will be higher quality.

Ack, my bad! I don't know why I had it in my head that it was your work. I've been going through so many threads on this board since getting my Pro I got mixed up.

Sorry about that!

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here you go, snapped an iPhone pic with the apron decals and test prints of the cards.

Looking at that apron with the row of lights near the top on each side, is that a feature of the prem/le or is that a modded apron? I've seen pics of prem/le that don't have those lights which has me confused.

Would love to have that look on my Pro. The Refinery apron is cool two but doesn't look the same.

Can anyone clarify for me?

289701-i-700.jpg289701-i-700.jpg

#217 9 years ago

^holy mother of the flying spaghetti monster! Click>Buy!

@Billy - thought so. I'm guessing no way to get that on the Pro.

#218 9 years ago

Better move quick guys. Says there's only 2 left now. :p

#227 9 years ago

LOL, I have a FSM emblem on the back of my car. The kind like the Darwin fish.
$(KGrHqR,!r!FEzstcH6(BRfZm!mHHw~~60_35.JPG$(KGrHqR,!r!FEzstcH6(BRfZm!mHHw~~60_35.JPG
I've only had one comment about it so far. A dude pulled up along side me and stuck his head out the window and yelled, "Flying Spaghetti Monster, YEAAAAAH!" and then sped off.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I will add an option to the item to order for the pro.

Not sure what this means.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

If you are purchasing the LED board for one of Aurichs kits and using it on a pro/premium, I will be adding choice option on the order page. The 2 boards are slightly different in term of wiring.

PM sent. Don't think that option was available when I purchased yesterday.

#257 9 years ago

Ever since I put in a speaker light kit on my Pro, I can not wait for the panel decal. It's like the two are meant for each other. Nor can I wait for the translite and backbox light board. It's gonna be like a whole new machine and I only just got it.

#259 9 years ago

Well, I'll make it a point to post a picture of mine when I get the decal on.

1 week later
#265 9 years ago

Nice things are worth the wait.

I'm debating on whether or not to try and install the backbox led kit now, or wait until the translite comes in. :p

#294 9 years ago

Payment sent as soon as that email went out.

Also installed the Refinery custom back box LED kit today. Actually much easier than I thought it was going to be(for a noob like me). Already looks sweet with its light show. Can't wait(but I will patiently) for your translite now.

#342 9 years ago

Hoping maybe it comes tomorrow. Then I can get some pix with my speaker lights.

#349 9 years ago

Tracking says it should come today(fingers crossed). Any tips on applying the speaker decal?

#358 9 years ago

Yes, it showed up today!

I had no problem with the decals. It took me a few tries with the speaker decal, just because I'm a perfectionist. I was worried that the adhesive would be too strong and may cause damage, but it was perfect.

I didn't even need to use painter tape for the apron. I noticed that when removing the originals that there was a slight outline of residue. Barely noticeable, but enough that it worked great as a guide for the new ones.

I put in the coin slot decals, shooter rod, and tournament cap as well. I kinda like the ST logo on the front of the coin door, so think I'm gonna leave that. I'll probably do the spinner at some point as well, even though I do kind of like the flashing that it makes. I could always remove it if I don't like it I guess.

Okay, now for the translite. It really is hard to describe how awesome it looks in real life. Photos just do not do it justice. The quality and richness of the colors is amazing. Then, the custom led back box just blows it out of the water. Along with the lighted speakers and decal, it's like a whole new machine and it POPS!

I want to show pictures of it so bad, but the room I have it in gets a lot of sun during the day. I'm going to wait until it gets dark to take some photos, so you can see it on a Pro.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

Thanks Aurich!

#366 9 years ago

Here's a couple of pix (day & night shot). It still doesn't do it justice by a long shot!

20141019_101443.jpg20141019_101443.jpg 20141018_193254.jpg20141018_193254.jpg
#369 9 years ago

You have to remove the rubber tip and the e-clip that secures the spring to the rod. I just used a pair of needle nosed pliers to grab it and pull it off. Takes a bit of effort but not much. It will just pull off. Then disassemble the rest of the washers/spring from the rod and pull it through the housing(pay attention to the order that everything goes back on). You can just use hand pressure to snap the e-clip back on.

I had never done it before either so I ended up removing the entire plunger assembly from the cabinet so I could work on it better. Knowing what I know now, it's not necessary to do that though.

#377 9 years ago

I don't think it is a typo. It's more like a command. Like, "Protect & Defend Crew & Enterprise." They are orders for the player, not mission statements. At least that's the way I read it.

#382 9 years ago

Ouch, I missed that too. :p

#414 9 years ago

The pix I posted above show mine with the custom led board too. The extra interactive light show coming from the backbox now, is simply amazing!

Again, great job all around. This pin is getting to be as tricked out as a hot rod can be.

#430 9 years ago

Yeah I used a pair of cotton gloves when removing the film. I went slow and it did take a bit of effort to remove. It didn't leave any residue though. I cleaned and thoroughly dried both sides of the translite glass before putting it in.

#435 9 years ago

Yeah, definitely remove it.

No fuzzies from the gloves. It's very fine material so sticky material is not an issue with them. You don't need gloves though. You could probably just use a clean dish or hand towel to help hold it down while pulling the film off. Anything soft and non-abrasive. I was mainly just trying to avoid getting any fingerprints on it.

1 week later
#484 9 years ago

I bet the balls drain the same though.

#495 9 years ago

+1 for the "Promium" term. I think my pin qualifies.

Next up...TimeBandit's WIP ramp light mod.

#517 9 years ago

I'd dig some blue to go with my Promium.

#523 9 years ago

I like what you got going on there Chet.

20141030_185944.jpg20141030_185944.jpg

I just got my LOTR last week and they go together like Halloween and Christmas.

1 month later
#628 9 years ago

I hope the Refinery will at least take custom orders on demand. I was lucky enough to get one before they pulled it from their site. It just adds so much more to the game, on top of(or I should say, behind ) Aurich's amazing work.

I still just like to take a step back and admire my machine when I'm not playing. Especially with all the other mods I've put in. I wouldn't trade my "Promium" for a stock LE if you paid me.

4 months later
#840 8 years ago

It still kind of blows my mind a little how the speaker panel decal just gives off the impression that it is glowing. Not just in pics, but in real life, especially when you have speaker lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals?tu=PWhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.