(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 844 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SealClubber
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 104 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Ok, so in regards to cleaning the translate if it is needed. How/what would you recommend?
I don't need to, but for reference in the future. Want to make sure it is noted on the machine for a just in case.
I would be soooo saddened if years down the road I mess up and ruin it.
Also with the ink, how is the longevity of it, rough guess? Is there something we should do now in order to preserve it for the next 20 years?

If you ever need to clean it I'd just use a damp cloth and then dry it off. If you had a really stubborn issue I've tested isopropyl alcohol. It works, but it will take a little color with it if you rub hard, and might dull the area, so I'd use that in an emergency only and sparingly.

There are no inks used in these, it's a photographic process. So as long as it's behind glass and not directly exposed to sunlight all day (something we already do with our games) I can't imagine it won't look fine in 20 years. I obviously haven't had a chance to test that yet though.

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from PinheadBE:

Indeed. That's it. Sorry, I thought that was obvious... My fault: next time, I'll be more precise.
Anyway, thanks Aurich !

No worries, I read it like twice and still managed to not see it. My brain just filled in the missing letter I guess!

#403 5 years ago

Okay, all international orders placed before Expo have shipped. Sorry I couldn't get to it yesterday, I pretty much had a post Expo crash.

I see a few more orders came in while I was gone, I'll get to those next. I have a fair amount of people who flaked out, I'll send out an email for a last chance, and then I'll open those up to the next people on the waiting list.

#404 5 years ago

Ok.... I picked up my translite and decals from "King Aurich"
Looks awesome!

IMG_0619.JPG
#405 5 years ago

I just emailed my non-payment folks. It's a higher number than I'm usually used to, so I hope my emails are getting through.

Dug show a full shot of that game, you're first one with a Refinery edition that I know of!

Aurich

#406 5 years ago

Here you go

IMG_0618.JPG
#407 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just emailed my non-payment folks. It's a higher number than I'm usually used to, so I hope my emails are getting through.
Dug show a full shot of that game, you're first one with a Refinery edition that I know of!
Aurich

I never received an email from you. Can you check to see if you received my order? Thanks

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

I never received an email from you. Can you check to see if you received my order? Thanks

You're on the waiting list, your pre-order came in after my cutoff for the first orders. I have enough people on that list that even if everyone who hasn't paid yet flakes I'd still need to order more. So I just need to figure out how many extra I truly have to I can make that order.

Maybe I should email everyone on my waiting list to keep them clear on what's going on?

Post edited by Aurich: Edit: Sent that email to the waiting list people to clear up confusion.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Here you go

IMG_0618.JPG 262 KB

Looks great Doug!

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're on the waiting list, your pre-order came in after my cutoff for the first orders. I have enough people on that list that even if everyone who hasn't paid yet flakes I'd still need to order more. So I just need to figure out how many extra I truly have to I can make that order.
Maybe I should email everyone on my waiting list to keep them clear on what's going on?
Post edited by Aurich: Edit: Sent that email to the waiting list people to clear up confusion.

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to get this the last few days. I'm now finally paid up. Send me the goodies!

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to get this the last few days. I'm now finally paid up. Send me the goodies!

What a slacker Tiger.

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Looks great Doug!

The backbox led board you made is perfect.

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Glad you like it!

#414 5 years ago

The pix I posted above show mine with the custom led board too. The extra interactive light show coming from the backbox now, is simply amazing!

Again, great job all around. This pin is getting to be as tricked out as a hot rod can be.

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ahhh, Tiger! Your holding me up from getting mine on the back up list. LOL

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Did you hit the damn saucer yet? I love when the planet flashes blue on the saucer eject. Great effect.

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks for the update! Got your e-mail and looking forward to getting in on the next run.

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Did you hit the damn saucer yet? I love when the planet flashes blue on the saucer eject. Great effect.

Yes.... haha
I also love the start of Klingon Multiball

#420 5 years ago

I bought some string knit gloves for when I install my tl. No way am I going to chance putting finger prints on this work of art. With the sticky backing on the speaker panel overlay I'll have to take the gloves of though.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I bought some string knit gloves for when I install my tl. No way am I going to chance putting finger prints on this work of art. With the sticky backing on the speaker panel overlay I'll have to take the gloves of though.

You can carefully work the protective film off without touching the top side of the translite. Just take your time.
There was no sticky residue left behind after I removed the old sticker. Came off pretty easy and in one piece.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

You can carefully work the protective film off without touching the top side of the translite. Just take your time.There was no sticky residue left behind after I removed the old sticker. Came off pretty easy and in one piece.

How did you manage to get the film off without touching the top side? I'm still thinking mine must have had an issue as that sucker was on there good and left a fair amount of residue when I peeled it off. Without a firm grip on it, I don't see how I would have gotten it off. I thought I was going to rip it trying to get it off at one point...

Hoping to get some tips so I don't hose up my replacment!

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Get the gloves like I did. 99 cents at Menards.

#424 5 years ago

confession time

I too put a fingerprint on mine. I cleaned the glass with Windex...and there must have been some residual on my thumb. Its in a corner on the bottom so not noticeable, unless you look closer like all of us obsessed pinheads. So, cant stress enough to be extra careful when handling this beautiful translite.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

confession time
I too put a fingerprint on mine. I cleaned the glass with Windex...and there must have been some residual on my thumb. Its in a corner on the bottom so not noticeable, unless you look closer like all of us obsessed pinheads. So, cant stress enough to be extra careful when handling this beautiful translite.

Sorry that happened; I sure appreciate the warnings.

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

How did you manage to get the film off without touching the top side? I'm still thinking mine must have had an issue as that sucker was on there good and left a fair amount of residue when I peeled it off. Without a firm grip on it, I don't see how I would have gotten it off. I thought I was going to rip it trying to get it off at one point...

I just took my time and slowly worked it off. Put pressure with one hand on the part that still has the protective film on it while peeling back with the other hand….. Take your time and go slow.

#427 5 years ago

Sorry the protective film is stuck on there so firmly. It used to be worse actually, and they redid the adhesive. Still could be lighter though for sure, it does take a little effort to remove.

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry the protective film is stuck on there so firmly. It used to be worse actually, and they redid the adhesive. Still could be lighter though for sure, it does take a little effort to remove.

I had ZERO issue removing it. Go slow, use even pulling force, hold it down with a soft cloth. It took alot more force/time to remove one from a NOS T2 translite I got a few months ago.

#429 5 years ago

The key thing is it keeps the surface from getting scratched up while in transit.

#430 5 years ago

Yeah I used a pair of cotton gloves when removing the film. I went slow and it did take a bit of effort to remove. It didn't leave any residue though. I cleaned and thoroughly dried both sides of the translite glass before putting it in.

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Yeah I used a pair of cotton gloves when removing the film. I went slow and it did take a bit of effort to remove. It didn't leave any residue though. I cleaned and thoroughly dried both sides of the translite glass before putting it in.

And the gloves didn't leave any fuzzys stuck on the translite? That's my biggest concern with how my first one acted.

#432 5 years ago

I used exam gloves. No marks.

#433 5 years ago

Lol, oops I forgot to remove the protective film on mine. not sure if I want to or not.

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Lol, oops I forgot to remove the protective film on mine. not sure if I want to or not.

You want to remove it. As soon as you do it will become clear why.

#435 5 years ago

Yeah, definitely remove it.

No fuzzies from the gloves. It's very fine material so sticky material is not an issue with them. You don't need gloves though. You could probably just use a clean dish or hand towel to help hold it down while pulling the film off. Anything soft and non-abrasive. I was mainly just trying to avoid getting any fingerprints on it.

#436 5 years ago

I no longer maintain a color photo printer because paper and cartridges are stupid expensive and for less money I can send the file to Sams and get it printed on a kick ass professional printer.

So anyway I took the ST cards and put them onto a 4x6 canvas at 300dpi. These files can now be sent to any online photo printer and printed at 4x6. Then all you have to do is trim them to fit in the apron. I got mine done for a total of 28 cents for both at Sam's and they look beautiful. Thanks Aurich.

stle left.jpg stle right.jpg
#437 5 years ago

Bump for more pics

#438 5 years ago

My tracking shows delivery today.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

My tracking shows delivery today.

I got mine before you did.

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I got mine before you did.

Pics or I win Paul.

IM001081.JPG

IM001082.JPGIM001083.JPG

#441 5 years ago

Everyone who's ordered has been shipped, most US orders should have their packages already, today if not yesterday.

International obviously will take longer, but they're in transit.

I'm going to sort out a second run this weekend for the waiting list.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going to sort out a second run this weekend for the waiting list.

can't wait. thanks for including us procrastinators!

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Pics or I win Paul.

IM001081.JPG 159 KB

IM001082.JPG 342 KB

IM001083.JPG 94 KB

OK here ya go. It's the same picture that I posted 5 days ago on page 8.

IMGA0321.JPG

#444 5 years ago

This translite makes me miss my Star Trek Premium, good work!

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK here ya go. It's the same picture that I posted 5 days ago on page 8.

IMGA0321.JPG 226 KB

I think it looks better on mine..... Kind of plain on yours paul...

#446 5 years ago

So does this mean you've sold the remaining ones from the 1st order that hadn't paid? Assuming so and that I'm on the next list, how long do you estimate the printing of the 2nd run?

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

So does this mean you've sold the remaining ones from the 1st order that hadn't paid? Assuming so and that I'm on the next list, how long do you estimate the printing of the 2nd run?

No, I will have at least a few extra, I've sent out the "last chance" messages to anyone I haven't heard from.

Anything I have left will go to my waiting list in order of signup. I'll contact those people shortly, just making sure of the numbers.

Then whoever is left I'd say making more would be a couple weeks out.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I think it looks better on mine..... Kind of plain on yours paul...

#449 5 years ago

Mine's in the box in the garage, awaiting time to do the swap.

Robert

#450 5 years ago

I just emailed the next people on the waiting list to offer the extras from the first run. Once I see the response there I can figure out the move for a second run for everyone else still waiting.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside