(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 844 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SealClubber
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 104 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

From all the talk, I really want this translite. I'm on the list. Just have to be patient...lol

its worth the wait get the decal package also thanks Aurich

#802 4 years ago

just checking are the latest run of translites all gone?

#803 4 years ago

Last I spoke to Aurich, he said he was going thru the current list to see if those people are still interested, and if they're not then move down the list.

#804 4 years ago

Also, he told me that after that batch he will make another one in the future. I'm on the waiting list for now.

#805 4 years ago

I have a little stack left, and it seems like anyone who's on my list has responded already. So I think it's safe to start offering them to the waiting list. I don't think I can cover everyone, but once I run out I'll email whoever's left waiting with an update on what we can do.

I have a couple orders I still need to send out, I apologize for being slower than usual. I'll get on that this weekend.

Basically taking on Alien right before all these orders came in was terrible timing, I'm feeling behind on everything. Kind of working two jobs at the moment, not the best way to run a little hobby mail order thing. But it's really important to me that everyone feel responded to, you can always PM or email me if you want to know what's going on.

Thanks for the patience!

#806 4 years ago

Thanks Aurich.

#807 4 years ago

Are you doing any more runs in the future, when your time frees up?

#808 4 years ago

I received my translite a few days ago but didn't have time to open or install it until today. I have to echo the many other comments that the quality is amazing (and photos just can't convey how nice it looks). Much better than the stock translite and a very nice mod. Thanks Aurich!

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from dlmorgan999:

I received my translite a few days ago but didn't have time to open or install it until today. I have to echo the many other comments that the quality is amazing (and photos just can't convey how nice it looks). Much better than the stock translite and a very nice mod. Thanks Aurich!

Jealous. ...lol. I'll be patient. Post a pic when it's installed.

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Are you doing any more runs in the future, when your time frees up?

As long as people want it I'm happy to keep doing it. Just having a little trouble keeping up right now is all. Taking a break from Alien photoshopping to eat some pizza, and poking around the forums, then back to work.

#811 4 years ago

I'm in for a translite... Don't have game yet, but its next on my list so no hurry!

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I'm in for a translite... Don't have game yet, but its next on my list so no hurry!

Get the decals too, you won't be sorry.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As long as people want it I'm happy to keep doing it. Just having a little trouble keeping up right now is all. Taking a break from Alien photoshopping to eat some pizza, and poking around the forums, then back to work.

Good to hear.

Can't wait to see Alien!

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Get the decals too, you won't be sorry.

OK, you talked me into it! lol.

Will Aurich just give a shout on when to pay up if we're in the over-run status? Don't want to pressure him, but don't want to miss out on next run.

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Will Aurich just give a shout on when to pay up if we're in the over-run status? Don't want to pressure him, but don't want to miss out on next run.

Just send him a PM and ask. He's very easy going.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I don't see you on my pre-order list, did I miss you, or are you not signed up? I can tell you right now I have more people on my list than I have stock, and will need to do another run. I'm just feeling so behind with Alien taking up my time that I need to try and catch up before I try and commit to handling more orders, I'm being a lot slower than usual to get things out to people, and I feel bad about it.

Quoted from 0geist0:

Just send him a PM and ask. He's very easy going.

I try to be!

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't see you on my pre-order list, did I miss you, or are you not signed up? I can tell you right now I have more people on my list than I have stock, and will need to do another run. I'm just feeling so behind with Alien taking up my time that I need to try and catch up before I try and commit to handling more orders, I'm being a lot slower than usual to get things out to people, and I feel bad about it.

I try to be!

You didn't miss me, I'm a year behind because I won't buy a Stern game till its done. Got Metallica a couple months ago, seems like Star Trek is finally done cooking.

No pressure... If you decide to re-run them or people that ordered flake on you, just let me know. I'll pay up as soon as I see your message.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

No pressure... If you decide to re-run them or people that ordered flake on you, just let me know. I'll pay up as soon as I see your message.

Can you sign up at http://www.aurichlawson.com/startrek/pre-order.html ?

That's how I track interest and know who to email.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Done! Thank you!

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Signed up too, picking my Star Trek up tomorrow. Hope everything is going good with the Alien work.

#821 4 years ago

I'm really loving the look of Aurich's translite & decals on my ST Premium. So glad that these were an option - thanks Aurich!

Here are a few before and after pics for anyone still deciding whether or not to install these (NOTE: most of the "after" shots also show the speaker lights/acrylics that I added as well):

DSC00866.JPGDSC00920.JPG[
DSC00881.JPGDSC00888.JPGDSC00963.JPGDSC00868.JPGDSC00958.JPGDSC00858.JPGDSC00893.JPGDSC00867.JPGDSC00927.JPG

#822 4 years ago

Thanks man. I do still have a few, I just haven't had a chance to go through my list. Need to pack up the last of these Helen things before I can tackle that on top of Alien.

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm really loving the look of Aurich's translite & decals on my ST Premium. So glad that these were an option - thanks Aurich!
Here are a few before and after pics for anyone still deciding whether or not to install these (NOTE: most of the "after" shots also show the speaker lights/acrylics that I added as well):
DSC00866.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00920.JPG (Click image to enlarge)[
DSC00881.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00888.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00963.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00868.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00958.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00858.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00893.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00867.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSC00927.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Did you add some more LEDS to the after pic with all the mods? Looks like it's changed. It looks great. Thanks

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

Did you add some more LEDS to the after pic with all the mods? Looks like it's changed. It looks great. Thanks

Thanks. I did add a bunch of playfield mods as well, but nothing that should really be noticeable in the photos from a lighting standpoint. I think the game was in "attract" mode for both of the before and after full game shots and you're just seeing different phases of that overall lighting sequence between the two.

#825 4 years ago

I received mine and put them on the Star Trek Premium. Wow, what a difference. It should of came like this from Stern.

#826 4 years ago

Hawkmoon sadly replys, oh how did i miss buying one,well,I'm in for a ST vengeance or whatever you have,Aurich,thanks,Hawkmoon :

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks. I did add a bunch of playfield mods as well, but nothing that should really be noticeable in the photos from a lighting standpoint. I think the game was in "attract" mode for both of the before and after full game shots and you're just seeing different phases of that overall lighting sequence between the two.

I see exactly what you mean. Sometimes pics can be deceiving, so that's why I asked. I am just waiting on Aurich to make my translite....lol.

Either way, great job on the pin. I'm almost there, I've got the subwoofer, waiting on the translite, and maybe a mod or two. We'll see how it goes. Once thing or step at a time.

#828 4 years ago

Aurich,
I entered my info on the web link you provided. Looking forward to hearing from you. Also interested in The Shadow if you have any left...combine shipping?

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Aurich,
I entered my info on the web link you provided. Looking forward to hearing from you. Also interested in The Shadow if you have any left...combine shipping?

I can probably make something happen there.

2 weeks later
#830 4 years ago

Question, would it be possible to swap some the light blue printed color accents on the speaker surround for the color Red? Not the whole thing just the small light blue accents around the speaker cutouts and various other places where there is just light blue blocks of ink. I think that would give Premium owners a much more uniform and cohesive look to the machine. I personally like the red theme on the Premium and would like to keep that theme going with the speaker/ DMD surround.

The Blue looks right at home on a Pro model and especially on pro models with matching blue rails, blue lockdown bar and blue legs (the equilevent to the Premiums red rails, red lockdown bar and red legs)

I would gladly pay the price difference.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Question, would it be possible to swap some the light blue printed color accents on the speaker surround for the color Red? Not the whole thing just the small light blue accents around the speaker cutouts and various other places where there is just light blue blocks of ink. I think that would give Premium owners a much more uniform and cohesive look to the machine. I personally like the red theme on the Premium and would like to keep that theme going with the speaker/ DMD surround.
The Blue looks right at home on a Pro model and especially on pro models with matching blue rails, blue lockdown bar and blue legs (the equilevent to the Premiums red rails, red lockdown bar and red legs)
I would gladly pay the price difference.

There's no realistic way to do that, just in terms of printing logistics.

But I can tell you that the machine I used as my development game was a Premium, and the whole thing was designed to look good with that (though obviously the Pro as well).

I'm not from the school of color theory that says "everything must match". Accents colors lead to better designs than uniformity IMHO.

#832 4 years ago

Aurich, where are we at for the translite orders? Thanks!

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

Aurich, where are we at for the translite orders? Thanks!

Basically waiting on me to get my shit together.

I've had a little lull in Alien stuff, waiting for Fox to respond to things, and I've used that to catch up on all the old stuff, was way behind on orders. Alien has been like adding a second job, and it's just been harder to play mail order shop with that. I know people are waiting, and I still want to take care of everyone, so I appreciate the patience.

I think I have maybe 5 Star Trek packages left, I need to look at my pre-order list, get the first 5 people covered, and then look at who's left and figure out another order, I'm pretty sure I have more than enough people.

#834 4 years ago

Glad to hear this! My game is on its way! As a non-Trekkie (to say the least) that loves the game, your artwork is a major improvement.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've had a little lull in Alien stuff, waiting for Fox to respond to things, and I've used that to catch up on all the old stuff, was way behind on orders. Alien has been like adding a second job, and it's just been harder to play mail order shop with that. I know people are waiting, and I still want to take care of everyone, so I appreciate the patience.
I think I have maybe 5 Star Trek packages left, I need to look at my pre-order list, get the first 5 people covered, and then look at who's left and figure out another order, I'm pretty sure I have more than enough people.

And you're speaking with the printer about the sticking issues you had with the second run?

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

And you're speaking with the printer about the sticking issues you had with the second run?

Yeah, already done, the last batch was printed with a stronger adhesive. Only a couple people actually had issues, I don't know what the common factor was, but it was easy enough to bump up the strength. Makes them a little harder to reposition maybe, but seemed worth it.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, already done, the last batch was printed with a stronger adhesive. Only a couple people actually had issues, I don't know what the common factor was, but it was easy enough to bump up the strength. Makes them a little harder to reposition maybe, but seemed worth it.

I see. I mistakenly thought you were still on that batch.

I'm adding myself to the list then.

Thanks!!

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Got your email, thank you sir.

#839 4 years ago

If anyone else wants in, this is the time to sign up:

http://www.aurichlawson.com/startrek/pre-order.html

I'm putting in the order on Monday.

#840 4 years ago

It still kind of blows my mind a little how the speaker panel decal just gives off the impression that it is glowing. Not just in pics, but in real life, especially when you have speaker lights.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

It still kind of blows my mind a little how the speaker panel decal just gives off the impression that it is glowing. Not just in pics, but in real life, especially when you have speaker lights.

I never did do speaker lights. Maybe the new owner of my pin will. It's in a happy home being appreciated, which makes me feel good.

I'm glad Stern is doing full color speaker decals now, not sure why they did black and white for Star Trek and Mustang. Looks so much nicer with some color there.

By the way, I said I'd put in the new order on Monday. Totally spaced that Monday was a holiday, so call it Tuesday instead.

#842 4 years ago

Picked up my Pro today. So ready for this, stock translite is tough to look at!

#843 4 years ago

I've been asked to shut down this project. As promised earlier in the thread I'm doing so without argument. If you have any questions just shoot me a PM and we can discuss it privately.

Thanks everyone!

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside