(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.
#751 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just to add that mine really does not want to stick either....maybe they used a different adhesive this time? I cleaned the surface with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol before putting it on. I have all four corners taped on to see if that helps......I'm wondering if it wants to peel off from being wrapped up during shipping and doesn't want to go flat. Maybe I should have waited until it was completely flattened out before installing?

Quick follow up....it was not going to stick on it's own. Super 77 adhesive spray did the trick and all is good.

#752 9 years ago

Huh, I really am curious why some people are seeing this now, maybe there was a batch that had different adhesive? It's just a big sticker, not rocket science. Mine hasn't budge an inch since I installed it before I sold a single one.

#753 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mine hasn't budge an inch

Well what about less then an inch?

#754 9 years ago

My decal is constipated, it has no movements.

#756 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Super 77 adhesive spray did the trick and all is good.

So what is the best way to spray the Super 77 adhesive onto the back of the decal, and not get any on the front of the decal? Lay it out flat on cardboard, perhaps some small pieces of blue painter's tape to help it stay flat, and then spray on a coating?

#757 9 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

So what is the best way to spray the Super 77 adhesive onto the back of the decal, and not get any on the front of the decal? Lay it out flat on cardboard, perhaps some small pieces of blue painter's tape to help it stay flat, and then spray on a coating?

That would work just fine. I'm sorry a group of you seem to be having trouble.

I'll mention this to my printer, see if he has any thoughts about what might have happened.

#758 9 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

I just laid mine flat on some cardboard and prayed an even coat over the whole thing. Mine was no longer rolling up from the shipping container so it was totally flat. Then carefully put it on. You can peel it off and realign if needed. You might get some adhesive where you don't want it....but it will wipe off.

#759 9 years ago

I just emailed my printer the Star Trek order. I'll email everyone details. I got some extras, so I'll have limited stock if you weren't on my list.

I mentioned the decal peeling issue, see if he has any thoughts. Maybe there was a bad batch, or printed on weaker adhesive or something.

#760 9 years ago

Yay! This is the last thing I need to complete my St premium! Thanks Aurich!
Well, until that color screen thing comes out....

#761 9 years ago

Aurich you are the man ! thank you Sir. I hope to have my ST pro friday

#762 9 years ago

Cool now I gotta figure out where to hide it in the budget (since I was stupid and told the wife "it's brand new it won't need mods" )

#763 9 years ago

I'm new here on Pinside but I signed up just to ask if I can still get one of these sticker sets?
Thanks!

#764 9 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

I'm new here on Pinside but I signed up just to ask if I can still get one of these sticker sets?
Thanks!

No problem I see you on my list, I can cover you. Welcome to Pinside!

#765 9 years ago

Just thinking...

...how beautiful these look.

DSC06255_sm.JPGDSC06255_sm.JPG
#766 9 years ago

Is there any ST Pro left in the world without the alternate translite now?

Rob

#767 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Well I'd guess there must 18 based on this :

Quoted from Aurich:

... Here's who I have on my list right now:

hanford29
Locdb
Jploof
superjackpot
turboderf
gboccuti
EchoicStriker
Womper
dlmorgan999
Pingod
flyhigh
Rilaw
LouDuva
paragon
pinworthy
Wolfanoz
frogman70
CamaroBilly

but that should be solved in the next couple weeks

#768 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Ha, probably plenty. My saturation is in the Shadow market.

#769 9 years ago

Just going to proffer Dr. Who as your next work again Aurich.

#770 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just going to proffer Dr. Who as your next work again Aurich.

No...no...no...no...

Johnny Mnemonic!!! (wink, wink)

#771 9 years ago

I wish he would do a true backglass next, perhaps even mirrored . . . that would be awesome (actually, what he has already done is already awesome, I lack the words to describe if he could run a real backglass).

#772 9 years ago

I gotta finish this Metallica mod before I can even start something else, I've been sidetracked too many times! Spent last night cutting foam core, hoping to test some of the lighting tonight.

#773 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wish he would do a true backglass next, perhaps even mirrored . . . that would be awesome (actually, what he has already done is already awesome, I lack the words to describe if he could run a real backglass).

I would love to do that! I don't have a hookup with a printer who can handle it. I guess now that the mirrored ink is out it's not as crazy as it used to be, with the etching of a real mirror, but I still would have to get a good contact.

#774 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would love to do that! I don't have a hookup with a printer who can handle it. I guess now that the mirrored ink is out it's not as crazy as it used to be, with the etching of a real mirror, but I still would have to get a good contact.

I like your TL's just fine Aurich. A real bg would cost an arm and a leg and the shipping would go through the roof. At least with your tl's everyone can afford one.

#775 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I like your TL's just fine Aurich. A real bg would cost an arm and a leg and the shipping would go through the roof. At least with your tl's everyone can afford one.

No reason Aurich's can't have a Pro and Premium model for different clients!

#776 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

There's no question a mirrored backglass would be more expensive and a bigger headache. It would likely have to be a limited thing or something. But it sure sounds like fun to me!

#777 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's no question a mirrored backglass would be more expensive and a bigger headache. It would likely have to be a limited thing or something. But it sure sounds like fun to me!

If you're even remotely serious, Aurich, I'll hold off on my purchase of your current translite. I don't mind waiting and paying more for the best.

#778 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

If you're even remotely serious, Aurich, I'll hold off on my purchase of your current translite. I don't mind waiting and paying more for the best.

Heh, it's a dream project for some other time, and I wouldn't go back to an old design for it, would have to be something done from the ground up for the mirroring. So not gonna be anything I've already done.

If it even ever happens. My early attempts to look into finding a printer who could handle it failed and I haven't tried seriously again since.

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, it's a dream project for some other time, and I wouldn't go back to an old design for it, would have to be something done from the ground up for the mirroring. So not gonna be anything I've already done.
If it even ever happens. My early attempts to look into finding a printer who could handle it failed and I haven't tried seriously again since.

Just ask Gary who he uses.

#780 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hmmmmm…. Great idea!
I've been bugging Aurich to get this done for a while now.

#781 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Hmmmmm…. Great idea!
I've been bugging Aurich to get this done for a while now.

True, and to your credit you even offered to help me ship them! I haven't forgotten ...

#782 9 years ago

well I received my decals 2 weeks ago,I flattened out the speaker decal for 2 weeks.I installed the decal on thurs and it was already peeling off on fri
Where do you get this Super77?

#783 9 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

well I received my decals 2 weeks ago,I flattened out the speaker decal for 2 weeks.I installed the decal on thurs and it was already peeling off on fri
Where do you get this Super77?

Mine has been on for a week and I've had Zero problems with it.
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPGStar Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG

#784 9 years ago

Man, it's so weird that a handful of people are having issues. Never had any complaints before, and see above that even people from this same batch aren't seeing it.

I'm talking to my printer about using a stronger adhesive. It means they won't be as easy to remove later, but better than having any issues. If I need to I'll figure out replacements or something.

Super77 is a 3M brand spray adhesive, you can use any spray adhesive though, it's not key that you use that particular brand.

I really apologize to the few people who are having issues, I have no idea why. My goal is always to make sure people are 100% happy.

#785 9 years ago

Aurich I just wanted to make sure I was on your list and say thank you for all you do, love my shadow translite getting this set was a no-brainer for me, also, please be a god, and redo the street fighter 2 translite next...it seriously is the most hideous thing ever

#786 9 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

Aurich I just wanted to make sure I was on your list and say thank you for all you do, love my Shadow translite getting this set was a no-brainer for me, also, please be a god, and redo the street fighter 2 translite next...it seriously is the most hideous thing ever

Yes, looks like you just missed the cutoff when I sent out the email with the details, but you're covered by the extras I ordered.

I kinda doubt I'll ever touch the SF2 translite, I can't say I have any interest in that game, sorry. Probably some cool fan art out there you could make a custom trans out of though for personal use.

#787 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, it's so weird that a handful of people are having issues. Never had any complaints before, and see above that even people from this same batch aren't seeing it.
I'm talking to my printer about using a stronger adhesive. It means they won't be as easy to remove later, but better than having any issues. If I need to I'll figure out replacements or something.
Super77 is a 3M brand spray adhesive, you can use any spray adhesive though, it's not key that you use that particular brand.
I really apologize to the few people who are having issues, I have no idea why. My goal is always to make sure people are 100% happy.

I wonder what was used to clean the speaker panel before installation. I used Sprayway non ammonia glass cleaner. Also does the pin ever get dusted with pledge? Just curious.

#788 9 years ago

Hey Aurich any chance you making some inside cab decals of space, it may look good PS I love the translite & decal set I put it in before I even played a game

#789 9 years ago

I've never messed around with inside decals / blades, but it's something I guess I might try at some point. Not right this moment though, I'm too swamped with other projects to start something new, gotta keep my focus and not stretch myself too thin.

Good thought though.

1 week later
#790 9 years ago

If you preordered, check your emails!

#791 9 years ago

Woooo Hooo all paid up

Now I just need Pinball Refinery to get my interactive LED kit shipped

#792 9 years ago

I'm gonna bribe my wife with cocktails and footrubs to help me get orders packed up this weekend. I had no idea I'd be on Alien when I started this last order, all of a sudden I feel a lot more busy than I already was.

#793 9 years ago

I got this shooter rod from Chuck. (Modfather) I think it goes well with the Translite and speaker panel decal. The flash washed the colors out a bit.
Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPGStar Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG

#794 9 years ago

I also got one from chuck aka modfather ps it didn't help my game play I still suck but thanks chuck

1 week later
#795 9 years ago

Were any adjustments made to the instruction cards after the recent code updates? Was one even necessary? Really beautiful work.

#796 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope, I don't think I could get a license for a little community project like this, it's just a handful of orders on a forum, doubt anyone even wants to talk to me about such a small potatoes deal. I just do them for Pinside, and hopefully no one cares at some big studio. It's original art, so I'm not stealing anything from the movies, but you're right, it is their trademark. I'd respect a C&D if they sent me one of course.

Sounds like skitb license formula

#797 9 years ago
Quoted from PinHacks:

Were any adjustments made to the instruction cards after the recent code updates? Was one even necessary? Really beautiful work.

I haven't made any updates.

I guess the only thing that would really need to be added would be the medal system? I dunno, not sure it really matters if that's mentioned on the cards or not. I could look at fitting it in at some point and putting up new digital files for anyone who cared.

Speak up if you think it matters and it worth doing, you'd have to print them yourself.

Quoted from Ballypinball:

Sounds like skitb license formula

Heh, I mean, let's be honest, it basically is. The difference being that I don't take anyone's money first. And if any company sent me a cease and desist I'd simply obey it, and that would be the end. No one would lose a dime. If there was any "risk" it would be all on me, not my customers.

The reality is there's simply no way to license these small projects. The up front costs for a license are so high that I'd never even break even trying to sell a relative handful of translites to forum people. So it's either do it grey market or just skip it all together.

I only sell to other Pinside community members, and I keep all of my art original, and that makes me feel okay about it. But I'm not pretending or lying, I basically rely on companies looking the other way for such a small fan-based operation. And if they choose not to I'll accept the end result without any harm coming to anyone else.

So in that sense I'm definitely not Kevin. But if you don't want to buy one because that makes you uncomfortable I totally understand, it's just supposed to be something that makes people happy.

#798 9 years ago

I am hesitant to apply the spinner decal because of the original nice, shiny finish which is probably good for reflecting flasher light.

If I do anything, I might put the shiny spinner in my ACDC and take the ACDC spinner, decal it and put it in ST.

Rob

#799 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am hesitant to apply the spinner decal because of the original nice, shiny finish which is probably good for reflecting flasher light.
If I do anything, I might put the shiny spinner in my ACDC and take the ACDC spinner, decal it and put it in ST.
Rob

Someone put my decal on the front, and left the shiny one on the back, so you still get it when it spins.

Honestly I just had room on the decal sheet and did it because I could, no need to install it if you like the old one.

#800 9 years ago

From all the talk, I really want this translite. I'm on the list. Just have to be patient...lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.