(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.
#651 9 years ago

I had people over last night who had never seen the game since I put your TL and stickers on and they couldn't believe how much better they made the game look. They LOVED them.

#652 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Awesome, thanks. Looks good with the speaker lights too. I never got around to trying that.

You should get right on that! ...except I'm out of stock on Star Trek acrylics now. More back in stock soon though.

It is pretty amazing looking. The decal around the speaker holes looks like it is lit up also.

- Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#653 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The decal around the speaker holes looks like it is lit up also.

Oh sweet.

I need to order more translites and decals, I know people are waiting, just been busy with work and feeling behind on getting my list together.

1 week later
#654 9 years ago

Okay, sorry for the delay on this, my wife had some unexpected surgery and things got a little busy here. Getting back to normal now. I'm going to email everyone I have on my list still, but this is the folks I think are still waiting for me:

Astropin
Myles32
mummite
PinJump
MnHotRod
pin42
anve
ilovegames
BestShot31
jawjaw
XLDad
MacJedi
Hank_78
dg_amuse
Earetz
ajb4
LilRocky
Robotgreg
Heath

If you don't see your name there and I missed you somehow or you're interested in getting in on this run please hit this link:

http://www.aurichlawson.com/startrek/pre-order.html

You can PM me to confirm or if you have questions, I don't mind at all.

#655 9 years ago

Last bump before I put the order in tomorrow. A couple people noticed they weren't on my list but should have been, sorry for missing you, anyone else?

Translite.jpgTranslite.jpg

#656 9 years ago

I bought a full set from Aurich. Everything is absolutely beautiful. The guy has talent and is very easy to deal with. Multiple thumbs up!!

I had put this in another thread...but I thought long and hard about not using Aurich's spinner decals. Not because they aren't well made, but because I like the sparkly nature of the original spinner stickers. Eventually I came to a compromise that has worked super well. I put the non-targeted Enterprise spinner sticker on the front of the spinner and left the sparkly sticker on the reverse side. So, when still the spinner has cool visible art. But when hit, it explodes with the original sparkles.

Just in case anyone is thinking of doing this, it works great!

#657 9 years ago

Aurich...now that I have sold my Star Trek the biggest thing I miss is walking downstairs and seeing your translite. Any chance that you would consider making the artwork available in a poster or lithograph form? It's so sweet people without the machine should be able to enjoy it!

#658 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Aurich...now that I have sold my Star Trek the biggest thing I miss is walking downstairs and seeing your translite. Any chance that you would consider making the artwork available in a poster or lithograph form? It's so sweet people without the machine should be able to enjoy it!

It's too bad that guy who was making the swap boxes, those little light up frames for translites, stopped making them. That's the best way to display these, backlit like they're supposed to be.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

#659 9 years ago

nice job on the alt package. it looks amazing and like it would fit perfectly (without anyone the wiser that it wasn't original)

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

nice job on the alt package. it looks amazing and like it would fit perfectly (without anyone the wiser that it wasn't original)

Thanks, that was the goal. IMHO it looks so much nicer with a color speaker panel, not sure why Stern didn't do that. They obviously figured that out post Mustang, all the releases, vault or otherwise, have gone color since, even the LED Met Pro.

#661 9 years ago

I'm going to put in the order after lunch, so a few hours from now my time. If you get in last minute do me a favor and PM me after you sign up at http://www.aurichlawson.com/startrek/pre-order.html so I can make sure I count you before I put the order in. Really don't want to miss anyone after making everybody wait so long.

#662 9 years ago

hey! I'd like one.

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hey! I'd like one.

Got it, I see you on the list, you're set.

#664 9 years ago

Order placed! I got a few extras to be safe, so I won't have a ton of fall back stock, but a few if you're a latecomer, so just PM me to check.

I'll be in touch with everyone on the list as soon as the prints ship to me with instructions.

#665 9 years ago

sploosh!

sploosh.jpgsploosh.jpg

#666 9 years ago

Glad to hear it. I'm on the list and definitely want a set.

2 weeks later
#667 9 years ago

I'm hoping to hear about the print order by the end of the week. Early next week if not this I'd assume though.

As soon as it's shipping to me I'll email everyone with the instructions.

#668 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hoping to hear about the print order by the end of the week. Early next week if not this I'd assume though.
As soon as it's shipping to me I'll email everyone with the instructions.

Great News, thanks

#669 9 years ago

It's gonna be more than worth the wait!!!

1 week later
#670 9 years ago

I got the Star Trek package from my printer. I haven't had a chance to even open the box and check it out though, I'm hustling to get this Metallica hammer project out the door. Give me a couple days to get that done and then I'll be ready to take the orders, and I'll email everyone.

#671 9 years ago

The new owners are in for some serious eye candy.

#672 9 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the speaker panel overlay sticking (not sticking). I've pressed it down several times but it seems to detach from both ends. Do I need some type of spray adhesive or something?

#673 9 years ago
Quoted from Chemixtry:

Has anyone had issues with the speaker panel overlay sticking (not sticking). I've pressed it down several times but it seems to detach from both ends. Do I need some type of spray adhesive or something?

I have received no reports of that, and mine has been stuck down on my panel for over 5 months just fine. That sounds annoying though! Sorry you're having trouble.

I wonder if you had some residue on your speaker panel or something that messed with it sticking down right? Sorry about that. Something like spray adhesive would probably be perfect, I'm partial to Super 77 myself.

#674 9 years ago

I'll pack up all Star Trek orders that have paid by this weekend and will ship them out on Monday.

Someone requested a route-friendly version of the rules card with standard pricing, if anyone else has a need for it here it is:

Star-Trek-Card-Pay.jpgStar-Trek-Card-Pay.jpg

#675 9 years ago

I should have my game by the middle of March.

When will you do your next batch?

#676 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I should have my game by the middle of March.
When will you do your next batch?

Not sure, but I obviously didn't order enough this time, even with the padding I added. People asking me if I'll have extras and I don't know that I will.

Best thing to do is sign up for my pre-order list

because I'll use that to gauge demand after I sell out of this order.

#677 9 years ago

Thanks, Aurich! I can't wait to get my set and get my pro looking good!

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Great News, thanks

let me know when you want to pay for bob aka OgeistO and if a exter one comes up

#679 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not sure, but I obviously didn't order enough this time, even with the padding I added. People asking me if I'll have extras and I don't know that I will.
Best thing to do is sign up for my pre-order list
because I'll use that to gauge demand after I sell out of this order.

Gotcha.

#680 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

let me know when you want to pay for bob aka OgeistO and if a exter one comes up

I'm ready to take Bob's order right now, I just don't know if I have an extra so I could put them both in the same package. Trying to keep things fair to people who signed up in order. So it's just a matter of if you want to wait to see or not, best I can do.

#681 9 years ago

Thanks Aurich! Looking forward to receiving them soon.

#682 9 years ago

I'm on the list. Looking for the much better playcards as well.

#683 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm ready to take Bob's order right now, I just don't know if I have an extra so I could put them both in the same package. Trying to keep things fair to people who signed up in order. So it's just a matter of if you want to wait to see or not, best I can do.

Ok just sent payment for BoB aka OgeistO and im on the waiting list thanks

#684 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Thanks Fred

#685 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Okay, no problem, that's probably for the best. Sorry I couldn't just make it easier, wish I'd ordered more extras, didn't anticipate the surge of demand.

#686 9 years ago

Has anyone figured out a way to stick the speaker decal onto a piece of plexiglass or thin stainless steel with magnets behind and then put that onto the speaker panel? I don't want to permanently stick something on top of the factory sticker.

#687 9 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Has anyone figured out a way to stick the speaker decal onto a piece of plexiglass or thin stainless steel with magnets behind and then put that onto the speaker panel? I don't want to permanently stick something on top of the factory sticker.

The stock sticker can be removed and then put back on if you want. I've done it, works fine. So if you want the option to return to stock you can peel the stock sticker off, and set it aside face down. Then put the new decal on. Then put your stock sticker on the backing from the new decal and store it somewhere.

I don't recommend installing over any of the stock decals, take them off first.

#688 9 years ago

All US orders shipped this morning. I have a handful of international ones that I'll work on today, it just takes longer to do all the customs paperwork and I wasn't able to get to them yet. Those will ship tomorrow hopefully.

I think I'll have a couple extras from dropouts. Once I confirm that for sure I'll look to my pre-order list, and use that to determine who's next in line.

If I still have people waiting after that I'll try and organize a new order for you all.

#689 9 years ago

For some reason, I can't keep the speaker decal to stay on.... I will flatten it out, then it only takes a couple days to start bubbling on one side. Then if I don't try and flatten it out, it will fall right off. Any suggestions? Not sure if there's an adhesive or glue I can apply... it's fine if it's permanent... or maybe get another decal set?

#690 9 years ago

btw, I took the factory sticker off....

#691 9 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

For some reason, I can't keep the speaker decal to stay on.... I will flatten it out, then it only takes a couple days to start bubbling on one side. Then if I don't try and flatten it out, it will fall right off. Any suggestions? Not sure if there's an adhesive or glue I can apply... it's fine if it's permanent... or maybe get another decal set?

I'm having the same issue. Aurich suggested Super 77 but I have not tried it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Super-Multipurpose-Adhesive-Aerosol/dp/B0000AZ735

#692 9 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Hmm, I haven't had any reports of that, and mine works great.

Tell you what, let me get these orders out and see what my stock situation is, I might have an extra speaker panel decal I can send you.

My personal choice for sticking this stuff down is a spray adhesive called Super 77, it's easy to find. If you get a chance you could try that, but I'll find a way to help you out. Can you send me a PM in like a week if you don't fix it so I can see if I have an extra?

Edit: Hmm, don't like that some people are having problems. I'll do whatever I can to fix it.

#693 9 years ago

hmm, I'll try the Super 77... I love the decal so will want it to be permanent, also the design works with the original translite as well...

#694 9 years ago

Why don't you use double sided tape, a lot less messy then the spray glue. Put the decal on then pull the top half down, apply the tape to the speaker panel then push the top half back on then do the bottom half. Scotch make removable and permanent double sided tape. Not a hard job if you ask me.

#695 9 years ago

Hey Aurich, how much is your led interactive backboard light going for?

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Aurich, how much is your led interactive backboard light going for?

$255:

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Over-the-top-Backbox-LED-kit-Star-Trek-Aurich-Alternate-translite/p/45718343/category=7060584

*edit- For some reason, you'll have to copy the above link in a browser to get the direct link to work correctly

#697 9 years ago
Quoted from locdb:

$255:
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Over-the-top-Backbox-LED-kit-Star-Trek-Aurich-Alternate-translite/p/45718343/category=7060584
*edit- For some reason, you'll have to copy the above link in a browser to get the direct link to work correctly

I looked a while ago and didn't see his posted. I should have looked again sorry. Thanks

#698 9 years ago
Quoted from locdb:

Yeah, forum doesn't like that link. You can encode it like this though:

Refinery Star Trek Backbox

And just to be clear I don't have anything to do with it. I gave Gio early access to the art to make it, and beta tested it for him, but I didn't design it, and I don't see a dime of the sales.

Just want to be clear that it's not "mine".

I think it looks great though!

#699 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And just to be clear I don't have anything to do with it. I gave Gio early access to the art to make it, and beta tested it for him, but I didn't design it, and I don't see a dime of the sales.

Just want to be clear that it's not "mine".

I think it looks great though!

I know all that. To bad you don't get a cut. I think you should.

#700 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know all that. To bad you don't get a cut. I think you should.

Ha, I was happy to pass it on to him to do, no worries on my end. I think it's nice that we have a strong mod community that can build upon each other's successes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.