(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#551 9 years ago

All pins in one room, still some space to fill.
In total 10-12 pins no problem, without the bar and frige up to 18.
But it is more a 'man's cave', watch sports, drink beer and play the pins.

P.S.: T2 is out of order at the moment, Power board is totally ruined, bought it from Portugal from a dsitibutor and they meesed with the fuses.

DSC_0017.JPGDSC_0017.JPG DSC_0015.JPGDSC_0015.JPG DSC_0016.JPGDSC_0016.JPG
#552 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

All pins in one room, still some space to fill.
In total 10-12 pins no problem, without the bar and frige up to 18.
But it is more a 'man's cave', watch sports, drink beer and play the pins.
P.S.: T2 is out of order at the moment, Power board is totally ruined, bought it from Portugal from a dsitibutor and they meesed with the fuses.

DSC_0017.JPG 172 KB

DSC_0015.JPG 251 KB

DSC_0016.JPG 227 KB

Great space you have there, yes you have room for more but it's tough to say enough, it's always "just one more".

#553 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ugh, Germany is the worst, your customs seems to sit on things forever. I feel like you guys are always the last to get my packages, sorry about that.
Your games look really nice with all the space around them, everyone I know (myself included!) has them super close to each other to be able to fit more.
The new print order is officially in by the way, so my waitlist people just hold tight for a little longer.

I think it is more the German Grundlichkeit we are known for (of course also Ocotber Fest und Sauerkraut

#554 9 years ago

I have a pro model. Any tips on applying speaker panel decal? Does it go over the decal that is already on there? Thanks

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I have a pro model. Any tips on applying speaker panel decal? Does it go over the decal that is already on there? Thanks

Yup over the existing one. To apply there's no need to take the panel off the game, take tl off, position sticker on panel checking for fit top to bottom side to side then using painters tape tape the sticker to the top length of the panel, that will hold it in position. Next lift sticker and peal backing down about an inch or two along the entire length of the sticker and lightly stick it down, continue doing it that way till your done. If your satisfied with the position of the sticker, it should be perfect, press down firmly and then remove painters tape. Sounds complicated but it's real easy. Just keep your eye on it and press it down lightly as you go so it's easy to reposition it if needed.

#556 9 years ago

I took the old speaker panel decal off first. Comes off really easy, I think this is the "right" way to do it.

#557 9 years ago

Mine fit over the stock one perfectly and I'm never going to take the new one off so I just left the stock one on. Doing it that way I don't have the stock one lying around doing nothing.

#558 9 years ago

You can of course do it any way you like! I sized it to be as close to the stock as possible.

Personally what I recommend is removing the stock decal, it comes off clean and easy. Set it aside, sticky side facing up. Apply the new decal (I just eyeballed it, no tape, and it was pretty easy to line up) and then use the backing from the new decal to store the old one.

Then if you ever want to return it to stock you can (though really I can't imagine going back to that drab decal again).

Over bare metal will give you the cleanest look, and make any repositioning the easiest.

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I sized it to be as close to the stock as possible.

It's sized so perfectly that I can't tell there's another one under the new one. It's a perfect fit. Great job Aurich

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's sized so perfectly that I can't tell there's another one under the new one. It's a perfect fit. Great job Aurich

Excellent, I really tried to get it exact, but I didn't try overlaying it like you did, so good to hear that it's dead on.

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Same here. Just put it right over the old one. I didn't won't to remove the old one and it leave behind artifacts I would have to deal with and not have a smooth surface to apply it to.

#562 9 years ago

If you could make side cabinet and side head unit decals that could be laid on the stock but also removed without damage that would be sweet.

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Same here. Just put it right over the old one. I didn't won't to remove the old one and it leave behind artifacts I would have to deal with and not have a smooth surface to apply it to.

Hey, if it works for you guys it's all good with me! I will say though that the old one comes off easy and clean.

Quoted from ZenTron:

If you could make side cabinet and side head unit decals that could be laid on the stock but also removed without damage that would be sweet.

Side decals generally need to have the cab stripped, though maybe they could go over a new one okay. I dunno, they're big, expensive, a lot of work to install, it's never seemed like a very practical thing to do. Be a lot of work to design since they're so large, and then I'd be worried that no one would really want them after all that.

Plus most people's games are in between others, and you hardly even see the sides!

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I took the old speaker panel decal off first. Comes off really easy, I think this is the "right" way to do it.

Was there any sticker residue left after you removed the old decal?

#565 9 years ago

I really does come up clean. The Stern decal doesn't leave white paper bits behind or anything. Same with the other decals. I removed everything and stored them on the paper from the new decals. I doubt I'll ever want to return it to stock, but I could if I wanted to.

Try peeling up a corner of your speaker decal, you can always smooth it back down. You'll see how it comes up. Heck, my stock one had a bubble in it from the factory, it was easy to move it around, that's how I knew it would be easy to peel up.

#566 9 years ago

Like Aurich said, it comes off clean with no residue left. I found the perfect place to store the original one... the trash!

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I found the perfect place to store the original one... the trash!

I'll be honest, there's no way in hell I'm putting my stock one back on. I guess I'm keeping it as a reference just in case. I'm really glad Stern decided to do full color decals now (Metallica Pro LED, Iron Man VE, TWD) because it's so much better.

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Yeah, mine was bent was well. (see pics)...but it went on fine.

I guess I should take mine out of the box and see how bad it is.

Robert

#569 9 years ago

Also any tips removing the stock decals off the apron or did you just put Aurich's decals over the originals? My stock ones are stuck on really good.

Speaker decal went on smooth. Thanks!

#570 9 years ago

Also any tips removing the stock decals off the apron or did you just put Aurich's decals over the originals? My stock ones are stuck on really good.
Speaker decal went on smooth. Thanks!

The stock decals are pretty thick and tough, they can take a lot. You just need to work your fingernail under a corner and then they'll come up clean in one piece.

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The stock decals are pretty thick and tough, they can take a lot. You just need to work your fingernail under a corner and then they'll come up clean in one piece.

I was doing the fingernail thing and was hoping there was a better way. Oh well. Thanks again.

#572 9 years ago

I was doing the fingernail thing and was hoping there was a better way. Oh well. Thanks again.

Well if you're looking for a more "advanced" technique I'd try dental floss. Wrap on your fingers like normal, and work it under the corner with a back and forth sawing motion. Then once it's started just peel it up manually.

#573 9 years ago

The kit looks awesome man, signed up on the pre-order and totally hope you're still making them

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

The kit looks awesome man, signed up on the pre-order and totally hope you're still making them

Printer is working them now.

Looks like I only have 1 extra left for this run if everyone who signed up orders it, but we'll see how that goes.

#575 9 years ago

I hope my pre-order got in!!!! Can't wait.

#576 9 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

I hope my pre-order got in!!!! Can't wait.

Yup, see you on the list, you should be fine.

1 week later
#577 9 years ago

Hi, just took delivery of my Star Trek Premium last week in the UK - upgraded to 1.5 firmware and ready for modding! - your decals and translite look really great - I have pre-ordered via your order page - hope I'm not too late to get on the second batch pre-order!

#578 9 years ago

Small problem with the physics here. Asteroids don't glow in space, they must first enter the atmosphere.

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Small problem with the physics here. Asteroids don't glow in space, they must first enter the atmosphere.

I think the ship has force fields active creating a mini atmosphere, and that must be what is causing them go glow.

#580 9 years ago
Quoted from Rico2014:

Hi, just took delivery of my Star Trek Premium last week in the UK - upgraded to 1.5 firmware and ready for modding! - your decals and translite look really great - I have pre-ordered via your order page - hope I'm not too late to get on the second batch pre-order!

Just waiting to hear from my printer. Hopefully next week.

Quoted from StylesBitchly:Small problem with the physics here. Asteroids don't glow in space, they must first enter the atmosphere.

Yeah yeah, I think I already covered this in the thread somewhere, but it's total artistic license.

Quoted from Arcade:

I think the ship has force fields active creating a mini atmosphere, and that must be what is causing them go glow.

That's the ticket!

#581 9 years ago

OK cool thanks for the reply. Played the table a bit now and think the laser effect is good - so glad I went for the premium!

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just waiting to hear from my printer. Hopefully next week.

Yeah yeah, I think I already covered this in the thread somewhere, but it's total artistic license.

That's the ticket!

Excellent, can't wait. Had my Premium now for a few weeks and getting increasingly frustrated that it isn't getting the game play it deserves. My 1st ever pinball though and what time I have spent on it has been magical!....less work, more play

#583 9 years ago

Just talked to my printer, should be shipping to me this week. Once I have confirmation that they're on their way I'll send out emails for the orders.

#584 9 years ago

Woooo Hooooo. Come on Santa Thanks Aurich!

#585 9 years ago
Quoted from JesterPinHead:

Woooo Hooooo. Come on Santa Thanks Aurich!

Pretty sure I can get it to you before Christmas, so I'll play skinny Santa.

#586 9 years ago

Impressive work, Aurich!!

#587 9 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Welcome back to Pinside Kwi. Been awhile.

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Thanks man, nice to see you around again. See what you've been missing?!

#589 9 years ago

I really wish I had a Stern Star Trek... This translite kit you designed for that game is incredible! I'm just not sure if I will ever get that game since I have a STTNG that I absolutely love!!!

When I bought the HELEN kit from you I didn't have that game either, but in that case I knew I would end up with one eventually...

Keep up the awesome work!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I really wish I had a Stern Star Trek...

Rob,

You can come and play mine...

Robert

#591 9 years ago

Putting this message in my Shadow, Helen, and Star Trek threads as a general update:

I just got in new prints yesterday for all three projects. I owe people emails with the ordering info, I have everyone on my lists. I'm just fighting a cold and really tired and spacey, and I need to get some rest or something before I have the mental energy to make sure I don't screw it all up.

So I apologize for the delay, once I'm together I'll contact everyone and start shipping orders as they come in. You'll start hearing from me over the next few days.

#592 9 years ago

Get well soon Aurich

#593 9 years ago

Yeah, health first so take your time. My wife will be thrilled to get this. She's the one that made me order them as I originally passed. She's such a good wife

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Putting this message in my Shadow, Helen, and Star Trek threads as a general update:
I just got in new prints yesterday for all three projects. I owe people emails with the ordering info, I have everyone on my lists. I'm just fighting a cold and really tired and spacey, and I need to get some rest or something before I have the mental energy to make sure I don't screw it all up.
So I apologize for the delay, once I'm together I'll contact everyone and start shipping orders as they come in. You'll start hearing from me over the next few days.

So you are the one that got Mike sick.

#595 9 years ago

All kidding aside… get well.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

So you are the one that got Mike sick.

lol, more like caught the same thing he did! Someone was hacking in there.

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Live Long and Prosper

#598 9 years ago

Hi Aurich - just placed my order from across the pond!
Audio mods done - translite and decals here I come
Great design work on the whole package - my premium is about to become a premium-le
(now if I could just source some mirrored sides....).
Thanks for all your hard work.

#599 9 years ago

Just pre-ordered the decal set these look great nice work!

#600 9 years ago

have you started contacting folks on lists? just curious

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.