(Topic ID: 102787)

Star Trek: New original translite + decals (new run)

By Aurich

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star Trek Shooter Rod 004.JPG
Star Trek Speaker Panel 002.JPG
DSC06255_sm.JPG
st.jpg
20150310_213512.jpg
DSC00927.JPG
DSC00867.JPG
DSC00893.JPG
DSC00858.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00888.JPG
DSC00881.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.
#501 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What exactly are we talking about here?

Well there are some things I won't mail.

#503 9 years ago

Come on out to CA and we can talk.

#504 9 years ago

Anyone want to trade a left arch piece for a right arch piece?
No worries at all Aurich. It just made me chuckle and I had to share.
So who has the 2 rights?

IMG_0478c-923.jpgIMG_0478c-923.jpg

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can always roll your own if you don't mind a little wiring.

I've thought about it but don't know where to start. Any ideas?

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from KillerKades:

So who has the 2 rights?

IMG_0478c-923.jpg 87 KB

Oups.....he must have been picking them with his left hand.

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from KillerKades:

So who has the 2 rights?

Son of a –

Gonna throw my kids under the bus on this one, my 7 year old was helping me collate those ones I think.

Correct decal already in the mail!

Edit: My wife just reminded me that we thought we knew that had happened, I guess we found the other one, and she went through the bags twice trying to find it. Sorry about that!

#508 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I've thought about it but don't know where to start. Any ideas?

If you're interested in rolling your own this is what you want to read:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-flashers-or-under-cabinet-lighting-for-15-for-modern-sterns

That's part 2, about making an interactive one. Part 1 is linked right at the start, and is just for making a static version.

Even a static version can be cool though. My friend and I modified the Refinery prototype with some always on static features, some blue lights behind the nacelles and warm lights behind the firey planet in the lower right.

#509 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you're interested in rolling your own this is what you want to read:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-flashers-or-under-cabinet-lighting-for-15-for-modern-sterns
That's part 2, about making an interactive one. Part 1 is linked right at the start, and is just for making a static version.
Even a static version can be cool though. My friend and I modified the Refinery prototype with some always on static features, some blue lights behind the nacelles and warm lights behind the firey planet in the lower right.

Thanks, can't wait to get reading. When I saw the refinery version I thought blue lights behind the nacelles would be awesome.

Edit: That is some good reading and seems fairly straight forward and not too complicated. I can't wait to do this now!

#510 9 years ago

I got mine in the mail last week Aurich, thanks for the fast shipping! It's still boxed and will remain so while I visit my mom for a week, 2000+ km's away, leaving Friday! It seems from all the pics and posts that there are many happy customers. Take a bow for the obvious excellent work!

Can't wait to install mine and the LED backbox kit too.

#511 9 years ago

Looks absolutely stunning Aurich. Just ordered a Premium model to arrive in a few weeks (my 1st ever machine) and hoping that I maybe able to get a package of your efforts
Order form completed.

#512 9 years ago

Trust me when I say this looks better in person than any picture I've seen. My wife got lost in the details...

#513 9 years ago

Do you have the link handy for the pinball refinery backbox LED mod? It isn't on his site. Also. I'd love to see what you did with the blue LEDs on the nacells and such. Can you post pics?

#514 9 years ago
Quoted from JesterPinHead:

Looks absolutely stunning Aurich. Just ordered a Premium model to arrive in a few weeks (my 1st ever machine) and hoping that I maybe able to get a package of your efforts
Order form completed.

I think I'm going to place the next order this week, so you're covered.

#515 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Do you have the link handy for the pinball refinery backbox LED mod? It isn't on his site. Also. I'd love to see what you did with the blue LEDs on the nacells and such. Can you post pics?

Hmm, the link I have doesn't work anymore, brings up a Walking Dead board. Maybe he stopped making them. Might have to email him.

I can take some pics, but it's really hard to document what it looks like in person. Camera hates backlit stuff, really blows out the sensors.

#516 9 years ago

I swapped my coin reject buttons to red last night to match my Premium red theme. Only problem is the part where the quarters go in stays yellow, no one sells those.

So I just put red gels over them. Now they match but you can't put quarters in. Which I have never done and never plan to, so I really can't say I care.

Someone (Joe @ Laseriffic??) needs to cut some colored plexi to match the reject buttons, fix that problem.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#517 9 years ago

I'd dig some blue to go with my Promium.

#518 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I'd dig some blue to go with my Promium.

I have blue I'm going to put on my Tron. Can't do the same trick with blue gel over yellow there, but I may try just taping the blue gels in and leaving the yellow part out. It's easy to restore to stock if I ever care about putting coins in or sell it, but neither is likely right now.

#519 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, the link I have doesn't work anymore, brings up a Walking Dead board. Maybe he stopped making them. Might have to email him.
I can take some pics, but it's really hard to document what it looks like in person. Camera hates backlit stuff, really blows out the sensors.

Yeah taking pictures of LEDs in a backbox blows but I'd love to see it anyway. I've had luck taking pictures with a flash as it seems to even out the hot spots the LEDs seem to produce. I've seen, and taken, so many bad ones I'm pretty good at extrapolating what it really should look like. Plus I really want to see an under the hood pic as well of it. Also, did you do any other color than the nacells? like orange behind the astroids?

#520 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I swapped my coin reject buttons to red last night to match my Premium red theme. Only problem is the part where the quarters go in stays yellow, no one sells those.
So I just put red gels over them. Now they match but you can't put quarters in. Which I have never done and never plan to, so I really can't say I care.
Someone (Joe @ Laseriffic??) needs to cut some colored plexi to match the reject buttons, fix that problem.

image.jpg 445 KB

I put a couple of color changers in, they go slow change then fast blink then slow change etc. Looks really different and really draws attention to the game in a dark room.

#521 9 years ago

I would like to agree with everyone else. Great work Aurich, thank you very muchimage.jpgimage.jpg

#522 9 years ago

Man, that's quite a contrast, the lighting on LOTR and Star Trek. Glad you're enjoying!

#523 9 years ago

I like what you got going on there Chet.

20141030_185944.jpg20141030_185944.jpg

I just got my LOTR last week and they go together like Halloween and Christmas.

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I like what you got going on there Chet.

I just got my LOTR last week and they go together like Halloween and Christmas.

20141030_185944.jpg 198 KB

That's really weird.....twins....and you both have only 2 pins.

#525 9 years ago

So, I have good news and bad news. The good news...

image-64.jpgimage-64.jpg

#527 9 years ago

I'm confused about the bad news, can't really see the pic, is the decal damaged?

#528 9 years ago

Yea, bent up. Any way to flatten it out? Man, that translight is amazing in person.

#529 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, bent up. Any way to flatten it out? Man, that translight is amazing in person.

Well it's a decal, so it should flatten just fine as you apply it, though putting some books on it first might help. If it's actually damaged though shoot me a PM, I'll take care of you.

#530 9 years ago

Yea, let me try the books for a night. There are no folds or tears.

#531 9 years ago

Good call Whiz

#532 9 years ago

Mine was a little like that but it went on fine.

#533 9 years ago

Yeah, mine was bent was well. (see pics)...but it went on fine.

DSC06242.JPGDSC06242.JPG

#534 9 years ago

Well tigerlaw, no fingerprints at least.
And doesn't that tl change the whole look! Love it!

#535 9 years ago

Hmm, these decals are taking more of a beating in transit than I realized. Glad they're going on okay, but I think I'll try and fix that. Maybe I can use some painters tape to secure them to the translite's protective film.

#536 9 years ago

Ours was only slightly damaged but it applied perfectly. The sticky will take the wrinkles out and we used a straight edge to press it into place and get out any air bubbles.
Could not be happier with this product.

#537 9 years ago

Mine was like that too, Went on fine.

#538 9 years ago

I'm about to take mine out of the books I flattened them in and instal. I used white gloves on translight to avoid fingerprints.

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm about to take mine out of the books I flattened them in and instal. I used white gloves on translight to avoid fingerprints.

Well it's been 3 hours, are you done?

#540 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

87071-Caddyshack-gif-well-were-waiti-ZRtq.gif87071-Caddyshack-gif-well-were-waiti-ZRtq.gif
#541 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey, some people take their time to line it up juuuuuuust right!

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Haha! Fiancé grabbed me and we watched Odd Thomas instead. Will install tomorrow.

#544 9 years ago

Put the order in today for some more, if you're on my waiting list you should be all set, I'll contact you when they're ready.

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Put the order in today for some more, if you're on my waiting list you should be all set, I'll contact you when they're ready.

Looking forward to it. Thanks!

#548 9 years ago

Okay, so finally the package made it all the way to Germany (custom is really a pain in the…, they are working extremely slowly here). After unpacking I was a little bit depressed due to a bend right in the middle of the translite plus the decal was bent. All this because the envelope was folded right in the middle.

Luckily the book trick worked for the decal and although the translite has a bend which can be seen on the backside the front side is 100% okay.

As said before ‘in real life’ it looks even more amazing.

Brilliant work Aurich, thank you very much for making this set available (translite replaces even the signed one from Steve).

P.S.: Spinner will follow after the Bird of Prey is repaired (got hit during a multiball and mounting rick split up from the ship)

DSC_0016.JPGDSC_0016.JPG DSC_0004.JPGDSC_0004.JPG
#549 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Okay, so finally the package made it all the way to Germany (custom is really a pain in the…, they are working extremely slowly here)

Ugh, Germany is the worst, your customs seems to sit on things forever. I feel like you guys are always the last to get my packages, sorry about that.

Your games look really nice with all the space around them, everyone I know (myself included!) has them super close to each other to be able to fit more.

The new print order is officially in by the way, so my waitlist people just hold tight for a little longer.

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Okay, so finally the package made it all the way to Germany (custom is really a pain in the…, they are working extremely slowly here). After unpacking I was a little bit depressed due to a bend right in the middle of the translite plus the decal was bent. All this because the envelope was folded right in the middle.
Luckily the book trick worked for the decal and although the translite has a bend which can be seen on the backside the front side is 100% okay.
As said before ‘in real life’ it looks even more amazing.
Brilliant work Aurich, thank you very much for making this set available (translite replaces even the signed one from Steve).
P.S.: Spinner will follow after the Bird of Prey is repaired (got hit during a multiball and mounting rick split up from the ship)

DSC_0016.JPG 227 KB

DSC_0004.JPG 331 KB

Are the rest of your games in the same room? Let's see um.

There are 844 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-new-original-translite-decals/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.