ferrite-clip-on-hem3012.jpg
ferrite core.jpg
wires2.JPG
wires1.JPG
222030-i.jpg
14454078532_e6429bfbf5_b-2.jpg
14454317984_abbcc55fa8_b-655.jpg
twisted wire.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonymiddendorf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 10 years ago

My ST Pro is shipping out today. I've been following this thread in anticipation. I will provide commentary (good or bad) on my magnet performance. (I know it's not actaully the magnet ... but you get the point )

Thanks to everyone so far.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

My ST Pro is shipping out today. I've been following this thread in anticipation. I will provide commentary (good or bad) on my magnet performance. (I know it's not actaully the magnet ... but you get the point )
Thanks to everyone so far.

Unboxed and played about 30-50 games last night. Only one incident of hitting the held ball and sticking. Of course, that could get worse in time. My MFG date was 3/10/14 ... not sure if that has anything to do with when batches of optos get installed or anything ...

On another note, I had several instances of the drop target not falling on a square hit. I think that's in a thread somewhere else though. Probably just need to add a washer or something ...

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Unlike the magnet/opto issue, you should find that this will get better over time. This was happening to my drop target a lot when I first unboxed the game, but now it rarely happens. If it isn't getting better, I believe you can increase the tension on the spring.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I set mine up two days ago and found the same - no opto problem so far but a drop that doesn't always like to fall.

I noticed that it even got better over the course of the night. I'm going to just wait it out, but if I end up lifting the playfield for something else, I'll probably tighten up that spring a bit while I'm down there.

Seems like a much easier issue than the optos.

I should also mention that a buddy of mine had some major opto issues on his NIB ST Pro. Some were even a result of flaws on the board(s) in the backbox in addition to the under playfield opto boards. He had a local tech come out and do some board work and replace some optos and I believe Stern footed the bill. All opto issues were solved after this. (I think he mentioned there were trough issues, issues with the spinner registering when you flipped the flipper, and a few others I can't remember) So, it's tough to tell if those were isolated to his machine or are related to the issues in this thread ...

1 week later
#233 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I should also mention that a buddy of mine had some major opto issues on his NIB ST Pro. Some were even a result of flaws on the board(s) in the backbox in addition to the under playfield opto boards. He had a local tech come out and do some board work and replace some optos and I believe Stern footed the bill. All opto issues were solved after this. (I think he mentioned there were trough issues, issues with the spinner registering when you flipped the flipper, and a few others I can't remember) So, it's tough to tell if those were isolated to his machine or are related to the issues in this thread ...

Gweem- quoting myself from earlier in the thread. He had similar issues to what you are talking about. He had a tech come out and work on several things. Stern paid the invoice from the tech. (Or something along those lines) His ST has been working great ever since.

PM me and I'll give you my buddy's information.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Sucks that they are expecting us to replace these parts on our own time I bought new so I didn't have to replace stuff two days out of box

My buddy had issues fresh out of the box. Stern paid for a local tech to come do the work ... Might be worth asking?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonymiddendorf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-multiball-magnet?tu=tonymiddendorf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.