ferrite-clip-on-hem3012.jpg
ferrite core.jpg
wires2.JPG
wires1.JPG
222030-i.jpg
14454078532_e6429bfbf5_b-2.jpg
14454317984_abbcc55fa8_b-655.jpg
twisted wire.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SaminVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#389 9 years ago

You can add me to the list. I have STLE # 012 and I have had this problem from day one but it's not all the time. Sometime it works like it should and sometimes it will hold the second ball. It doesn't matter if it's a soft or hard hit. I have seen a hard hit knock the first ball off the magnet and the second ball stops on the magnet.
I haven't tried the twisting wire fix yet. I have been keeping an eye on this thread to see if Stern ever admits theirs a problem and what fix they come up with but I am not holding my breath. If their's no official fix by the time they release the new code then I guess I will twist my wires.
I was playing tonight and my red DMD display developed the dot out vertical red line syndrome but that's another story.

3 weeks later
#428 9 years ago

They have these at Radio Shack. They show in stock at my local store so I'll check it out and give it a try.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012599

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
#441 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

My STLE is working good but I was wondering how those cores from radio shack worked out. I might add them as a precautionary measure.

I have been real busy and haven't had a chance to drop by my Radio Shack. Well I did yesterday, had some time and went down around 8:00 PM and the place was closed. The sign on the door says they close every day at 7:00 PM, WTF I don't know when that started, Radio Shack has become almost worthless. Maybe tomorrow I try and drop by again.

1 month later
#476 9 years ago

Mine is Star Trek LE #012 and I have had this problem sense day one but it only happens randomly and not very often. I did buy some ferrite cores from Radio Shack but haven't installed them yet. I haven't even raised the playfield sense the day it was delivered so it's only been open once. I decided to wait till the new code release to see if that had any effect on the problem or until Stern acknowledged the problem and a fix before I tried twisting the wires sense it would seem it doesn't work on everyone's game.

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

i wonder if a piece of mylar, fit to the top of the magnet, would fix it....
hmm...i'm going to try it.

If the problem is caused by residual magnetism then it might. I also thought about trying the same thing.

1 month later
#512 9 years ago

Ok, here's an update on my game,Star Trek LE #012. My game is still the same as the day I received it. I have only had the playfield open one time, the day I set the game up so it's factory stock under the playfield. Most of the time the magnet worked like it's suppose too but once in a wile the second ball would stick and only release when the timer ran out. With the new 1.5 code for a wile it seemed to be working but then it happened, I had the second ball get stuck just like before. After a wile another ball got stuck but this time something different, the game went into a ball search mode and it appeared the solenoid under the ship might have fired and knocked the balls loose so it appears it's still a problem. I still think I'll wait it out to see if they try another code update fix before I try any of the so called other fixes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SaminVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-multiball-magnet?tu=SaminVA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.