Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-306.jpg
image-812.jpg
image-49.jpg
image-859.jpg
image-337.jpg
image-302.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

This is a fix for the insufficient lighting of the warp ramp Star Trek insignia. It's a two piece install using double sided tape. No tools required. http://mezelmods.com

A special thanks to Caker137 for the idea and thanks to Aurich for being my tester!

With diffuser
image-337.jpgimage-337.jpg
Without diffuser
image-302.jpgimage-302.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Here is the picture of the mod.
image-859.jpgimage-859.jpg

There is a DIY thread that does something similar also.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-proprele-warp-ramp-insignia-lighting-mod-

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

No tools required

Looks great. However I had one hell of a time centering the light board behind The Insignia . I posted video on DIY thread. You should make a video. Mine came out well but that does not mean there is room for improvement . Like to see more. My be inclined to order. It looks professional .

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Looks great. However I had one hell of a time centering the light board behind The Insignia . I posted video on DIY thread. You should make a video. Mine came out well but that does not mean there is room for improvement . Like to see more. My be inclined to order. It looks professional .

Oh yeah, depending on how the light was aligned in the beginning, you may have to do what you did by re-aligning with a screwdriver and a small wrench.

My initial rule of thumb is to align it to the middle of the star looking shape and maybe a hair down, then put the white diffuser piece on. Before removing the double side tape on the box, you can get an idea of how it looks before attachment.

My wife is really dying to do video instructions, I just don't know if I can behave myself. Maybe she can do the install and I do the videoing.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

........ My wife is really dying to do video instructions, I just don't know if I can behave myself. Maybe she can do the install and I do the videoing.

I think also we prefer she does the install as we expect her to be better looking as you

#7 10 years ago

I love the transporter. Sorry I hooked up the bird wrong. I promise that won't happen again….LOL

#8 10 years ago

Ordered!

#9 10 years ago

Me too! I was figuring on doing the milk jug version, but at this price I'll let the professionals handle it, LOL! Thanks for doing these and keeping it so reasonably priced. Good stuff!

#11 10 years ago

Looks great Tim! can't wait for mine..

#12 10 years ago

One more tweak, minimized the size of the box at the top, now for the players perspective it's even better. Mission Complete. Epic.

image-812.jpgimage-812.jpgimage-49.jpgimage-49.jpg

#13 10 years ago

ordered...thanks

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

One more tweak, minimized the size of the box at the top, now for the players perspective it's even better. Mission Complete. Epic.

image-49.jpg 188 KB

image-812.jpg 221 KB

See now that's what I meant. Perfect.

#16 10 years ago

Nice! Will those of us who ordered a day or two ago get the final tweaked version? Hope so, but not a huge deal either way I guess. Thanks!

#17 10 years ago

Yes everyone will get the new version.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Should have known you'd take care of us. Awesome!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

#20 10 years ago

It really does look better, I might need to order one to replace my test unit now that you put the curve at the top.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It really does look better, I might need to order one to replace my test unit now that you put the curve at the top.

No way, you were my tester, it will be coming soon!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

No way, you were my tester, it will be coming soon!

#23 10 years ago

A lot of folks like the right dome cover that disperses the light nicely, I also made one available for the left one. It obviously looks cooler in person.
image-306.jpgimage-306.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Just installed mod, and then put up 129mil. MezelMods, now with improved scoring!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just installed mod, and then put up 129mil. MezelMods, now with improved scoring!

Makes you want to shoot that warp ramp just a little more now. I had no idea either.

#26 10 years ago

Got mine in the mail yesterday and will install later tonight.

#27 10 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Looks very nice. Now I just have to wait for the machine to put it in, LOL!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got mine yesterday. Looks very nice. Now I just have to wait for the machine to put it in, LOL!

I heard they aren't making any new ST. Supposedly it didn't sell well.
Yeah........right!

#29 10 years ago

This looks great. I never understood why the warp ramp insignia looked so lame! This seems to solve the problem. Nice work AGAIN Tim!

#30 10 years ago

Just installed mine. BEST $12 I've spent in a long time. You really have no clue how bad that insignia was until you put this on.

#31 10 years ago

My best 12 dollars would have been spent across the street from TPF.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

My best 12 dollars would have been spent across the street from TPF.

Installed it this morning.
All I can say is, WOW. Looks so much better now. Thanks Tmezel.

#33 10 years ago

about to order one, anyone install those flasher dome covers? On the fence on one

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

about to order one, anyone install those flasher dome covers? On the fence on one

I will throw one in with the RBION tiki idol today.

#35 10 years ago

I'm taking delivery of my Trek at MGC and hope to put my diffuser on before the show starts, so you'll get some good exposure there. I'll try to make a little sign for it if I get a chance!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm taking delivery of my Trek at MGC and hope to put my diffuser on before the show starts, so you'll get some good exposure there. I'll try to make a little sign for it if I get a chance!

I will PM you on this.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I will throw one in with the RBION tiki idol today.

Oh cool a new test idol is on the way! I have plenty of free time this weekend to give him a go if it makes it here. Thanks and looking forward to it.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Took me literally a minute to install. I am now an expert and can do in 30 seconds if you need help.

#39 10 years ago

Looks great do you have to remove that little screw I tried but couldn't get it out.

#40 10 years ago

That looks way too pro for me. I Hank'ed mine by taping a piece of wax paper to the back of the Shield Assembly. Worked well enough for me.

Disclaimer: My hillbilly fabulous mod is in no way a competing product. Tmezel does good work and your machine will thank you for not redneck-modding it if you go with his solution.

-Wes

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Looks great do you have to remove that little screw I tried but couldn't get it out.

Only if you have to readjust the light board. I think I just twisted it.

#42 10 years ago

Got mine today and I like it. Installs in 5 minutes, and looks so much better!

#43 10 years ago

Just got mine installed. Much more vibrant and clear. Must have mod for any st owner.

#44 10 years ago

Now we have a contest. I installed one at RMS at it took 2 minutes on one of JJ's machines. That includes one minute to take the glass off.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from tripp:

Got mine today and I like it. Installs in 5 minutes, and looks so much better!

Did you have to ajust anything or just put it straight on?

PS: just ordered this mod and another

#46 10 years ago

Didn't have to adjust anything, but I did adjust the light bulb placement with my hand when I first bought the machine. Tmezel designed it to fit perfectly.

#47 10 years ago

This review if for those that are unable to center the light board behind the insignia( and on the fence to buy or not). I tried but was unable to move the light board to the center. The light on my insignia was very dim and only lit the upper 1/3. I decided to take a chance and order the warp ramp light. I've got good news and bad news (this only concerns my machine). The bad new first: It doesn't light up the entire image. Now the good news: It does light up around 1/2 to 2/3, a big increase (the bottom 1/4 is still pretty much in the dark); the light is much brighter than before on the upper half; very easy to put on (although I did cut a little piece out of the bottom corner for the wires). I would certainly recommend this mod. You probably won't get the full image in light but certainly more than before. The price is very fair and the shipping costs is a plus.

#48 10 years ago

Just got the new version to replace my test one (thanks man!) and I gotta say, it's better in all ways than the development one. It goes on easier, it looks better, and with a slight tweak down of my light before I put it on it's even performing better, light is even across whole insert, it really looks 90% as good as the playfield ones now.

Thumbs up from me!

#49 10 years ago

Got my diffuser AND Klingon BoP mods on Friday and installed them yesterday - awesome! Though the milk-carton jury-rig was acceptable, the Mezel diffuser is MUCH better looking and does an even better job of diffusing the light...

#50 10 years ago

jamesdeloris - you should be able to loosen the screw that goes to the light, center it and re-tighten it. The hex stand off post has some (what looks to be) silicon to help keep it in place but if you hold it with a wrench and then use your screw driver on the screw it should come lose. Not sure if this is what you tried already or not but it may help out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-mod-star-trek-warp-ramp-light-diffuser-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.