(Topic ID: 73040)

Stern Star Trek LE and The ColorDMD Will it Fit?

By SaminVA

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Dmod
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-184.jpg
image-923.jpg
CIMG2357.JPG
CIMG2360.JPG
CIMG2313.JPG
done.jpg
blocks.jpg
bars.jpg
level.jpg
P1020213.JPG
P1020212.JPG
ColorDMD_Studs.jpg
11640176493_d960bc0b24[1].jpg
ColorDMD_Spacer.jpg
STLE 013.JPG
christmas2013 025.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

However, whatever blue dmd this one is that pinball life sells (xpin or stern?) it was WAY too harsh on the eyes while mixed in with the light show of STLE.

This is almost the real reason to use a ColorDMD IMHO, I find blue LEDs really painful to look at. I played a Tron with one, and while it looked nice color-wise with the game, it was just too harsh.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Any chance color dmd will produce a kit for this?

You know, it's an interesting question. Obviously they're interested in doing Stern games, but what about games that aren't complete? Not exactly great candidates. And with Stern basically being silent about when games are "done" it might complicate things. TSPP or the like would obviously be fine, but even AC/DC might not be "done" yet.

Dunno, just speculating out loud.

1 month later
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is it possible to display using the color purple? Just curious what it would look like.

Yes, one of the colors is purple, more of a lavender really. I've never messed with Sigma mode, my ColorDMD is in full color on my SS, but I've seen the lavender running before. There's what, 49 stock colors to pick from?

I'd personally rather see a way to input a hex code or RGB or something so you could choose your own.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

It's up to 97 colors in the SIGMA 2.3 ROM. It's a tradeoff between making it easy to step through and finding a color you like. With 96 hues across the color spectrum (plus white), the remaining differences in hue are pretty subtle.
Randy

Oh nice, 97 is better for sure. You know me though, I'm a designer, give me a way to enter a hex code and I'm gonna use it!

3 weeks later
#157 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just added COLORDMD to my STLE. Dots are about 3 too high, even with Pinbits install kit. I went to colordmd site, no STLE updates available, even though Pinbits says new download is there. I have version 2.3 newest display.

Randy made a custom update to fix that, just send them an email, probably just isn't up on their site anywhere yet.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Got updated file from email response. Wow. 1 hour after email sent and issue solved. Great customer service from color dmd!

See, I wouldn't steer you wrong!

9 months later
#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Just got the ColorDMD in the mail for a Star Trek Pro, totally worth it just to have a blue display. I'm interested in learning how the color is added, I used to do alot of ANSI graphics back in the BBS days, and this finished product doesn't look all that different, just with less complex blocks.

Similar resolutions to BBS ANSI stuff really, a DMD is just a 128x32 matrix. That's incredibly low resolution by modern standards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-le-and-the-colordmd-will-it-fit?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.