Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210223_122744 (resized).jpg
    20210223_110324 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago

Does it eject 1 ball but two come out, or does it physically eject one then it ejects another one.

The trough scoop can break a weld over noticed and it would eject two balls for me. Sometimes it would eject, bounce back in, or never get out, then eject again and get two out

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

No man, that's way long ago. I updated my info. Looks like a bad opto board. Nothing with the actual trough.

ya but you swapped it and it now has new issues? or do you think those are unrelated to this board but a switch or the spike system?

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I swapped the board for another one on the playfield. Trough is fine. The bad board now is messing something else up (because I swapped it out with this bad one). There are 5 of them in this machine. Already replacing that board through stern and hope that fixes it. So it seems like this was the issue. Damn things are flakey as hell.

OHHH a problem followed that board, thank you. Good to know. weird... I would assume it could be repaired, just need to figure out which component. I dug some on the schematics for stern parts, they use some SMD 2n7002P on another board.. hmmm

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

If I could change the mosfets, I would. Nobody seems to know their specs. Stern is replacing it under warranty, but I'd like a few spares as they are flakey as hell.

are they making you ship back the old one? if not, maybe sending to one fo the board repair guys would help diagnose and figure out the part.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-kicking-out-two-balls?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.