3 days ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210223_122744 (resized).jpg
    20210223_110324 (resized).jpg

#1 3 days ago

So I just did a huge playfield swap, and it was a massive success except......

Two balls kick out into the shooter lane. After a bit, when one (of the two) ball drains, it kills the flippers and ends my turn.

I did a search and saw a post about the same exatc thing but with twd. Turns out he had the wrong number of balls. I have 4 pinball life brand new balls in this thing. What am I missing, here? The shooter lane switch works and all the trough switches work, but I'm missing something.

#2 3 days ago

Check the connection to the trough. There are 1 or 2 connectors (white?) that when loose, the pin kicks out extra balls.

You can get to these connectors through the coin door.

#3 3 days ago
    Quoted from MEuRaH:

Check the connection to the trough. There are 1 or 2 connectors (white?) that when loose, the pin kicks out extra balls.
    You can get to these connectors through the coin door.

Hmmm.... I'll check again, just confusing that they test menu shows the trough working fine. Damn.

#4 3 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

Hmmm.... I'll check again, just confusing that they test menu shows the trough working fine. Damn.

Trough opto not lined up, faulty opto, or break in the string of switches. May have two opto strings reversed.

#5 3 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

Telling me one of strings is off one. Would test. Fine. I have had bad boards on the trough.

#6 3 days ago

Keep in mind this trough is switches, not optos. Hmmm. Maybe when I hooked up the wires I misaligned something?

#7 3 days ago

So i moved the reciever board from my Metallica to my star trek. Nothing. It isnt the board on the trough. Yet the board claims switch 22 in my board has a ball there. What on earth is going on?? I have no clue where or how to fix this if moving the board from one machine to another doesnt fix it.

#8 3 days ago

Update.... so in my switch test, it says foir on a column are all on (see attached pic) teo if those are nothing in this game. Then one is the ball trough jam (switch 22) and ny right ramp exit (both optos) When I cover the right ramo exit opto, it clears up all four lighting up at once. No other errors in the game (except, of course, not seeing that a ball has successfully made it around the ramp.

This also causes all four lights in the column next to it to fire when going INTO that ramp. So the common denominator is the opto board under the playfield those connect into.

So what do I do, here? I'm narrowing it down, but dont know what to do. I've tried swapping the two cables in the board, but that doesnt fix it.

20210223_110324 (resized).jpg
    #9 3 days ago

So I swapped this 520-8061-00 board with one of the others in my machine. That seems to have fixed the problem, but of course, now makes something else not work. Any idea where to buy these little bastards? I can now play this game with my left ramp exit not working. But.... yeah, that's not exactly a great fix.
    20210223_122744 (resized).jpg

#10 2 days ago

Does it eject 1 ball but two come out, or does it physically eject one then it ejects another one.

The trough scoop can break a weld over noticed and it would eject two balls for me. Sometimes it would eject, bounce back in, or never get out, then eject again and get two out

#11 2 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Does it eject 1 ball but two come out, or does it physically eject one then it ejects another one.
    The trough scoop can break a weld over noticed and it would eject two balls for me. Sometimes it would eject, bounce back in, or never get out, then eject again and get two out

No man, that's way long ago. I updated my info. Looks like a bad opto board. Nothing with the actual trough.

#12 2 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

No man, that's way long ago. I updated my info. Looks like a bad opto board. Nothing with the actual trough.

ya but you swapped it and it now has new issues? or do you think those are unrelated to this board but a switch or the spike system?

#13 2 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

ya but you swapped it and it now has new issues? or do you think those are unrelated to this board but a switch or the spike system?

I swapped the board for another one on the playfield. Trough is fine. The bad board now is messing something else up (because I swapped it out with this bad one). There are 5 of them in this machine. Already replacing that board through stern and hope that fixes it. So it seems like this was the issue. Damn things are flakey as hell.

#14 2 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

I swapped the board for another one on the playfield. Trough is fine. The bad board now is messing something else up (because I swapped it out with this bad one). There are 5 of them in this machine. Already replacing that board through stern and hope that fixes it. So it seems like this was the issue. Damn things are flakey as hell.

OHHH a problem followed that board, thank you. Good to know. weird... I would assume it could be repaired, just need to figure out which component. I dug some on the schematics for stern parts, they use some SMD 2n7002P on another board.. hmmm

#15 2 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

OHHH a problem followed that board, thank you. Good to know. weird... I would assume it could be repaired, just need to figure out which component. I dug some on the schematics for stern parts, they use some SMD 2n7002P on another board.. hmmm

If I could change the mosfets, I would. Nobody seems to know their specs. Stern is replacing it under warranty, but I'd like a few spares as they are flakey as hell.

#16 2 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

If I could change the mosfets, I would. Nobody seems to know their specs. Stern is replacing it under warranty, but I'd like a few spares as they are flakey as hell.

are they making you ship back the old one? if not, maybe sending to one fo the board repair guys would help diagnose and figure out the part.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.99
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 109.99
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 29.00
    Boards
    RoyGBev Pinball
    $ 7,750.00
    Pinball Machine
    Guns N' Roses (SE) Out of stock
    The Pinball Place
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside