Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

14559389201341777751175_(resized).jpg
14559388737311103431618_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I am having problems with air balls after the ball hits the Vengeance drop target. I expect it is tilting backwards, but it does not seem obvious by eye. Any trick to adjusting it?

And the spinner loop, the ball seems to hit the spinner and bounce back. It is pointing down, which means slightly forward. Is there anyway to adjust the spinner angle? I have never had luck with adjusting the spinner angle as it always seems to point straight down (gravity), which, with a sloped playfield, means slightly forward.

#2 8 years ago

Check to make sure the rod the spinner actually spins on is not binding on the screw on the right hand side post. Also make sure the left hand side where it screws to the playfield is tight and the spinner floats back and forth a bit.

As far as the drop target goes it may have bent or shifted a tiny bit back over time. Look under the playfield make sure it's tight. If you can wiggle the whole mech at all tighten it up or add washers under the front two playfield screws.

14559388737311103431618_(resized).jpg14559388737311103431618_(resized).jpg
14559389201341777751175_(resized).jpg14559389201341777751175_(resized).jpg

#3 8 years ago

I had a problem with air balls off the drop target because the drop target wasn't catching. The drop target has a catch that rests on a shelf when in the up position. If it's not catching, the drop target tends to jack-hammer up and down until it catches. While this is happening, the ball can roll over it when it's down and get launched when the drop target shoots back up.

If this is your problem, you need to add a couple of thin washers underneath the black plastic shelf. Take the assembly out of the game to do this (very easy). There are a few threads on this issue.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I found by bending the bracket holding the drop target below the playfield so that the angle was down a bit seems to have solved the air ball problem.

The spinner does not hang up on the screw and spins freely. Like all spinners, it points down but would be better if it pointed back a little (or down to the playfield). I guess I will have to live with it.

#5 8 years ago

The ball should never hit the spinner and bounce back. I had that issue on my Iron man and the spinner needed adjustment.

There is that screw on the left side with a nut under it to raise or lower it. Maybe it's sitting too low. So it's just a bit out and depending on what side of the spinner it hits it either works or catches if at speed.

You could also raise the right side by putting a washer under it.

#6 8 years ago

I have several games with spinners. And sometimes the ball seems to catch the lower front edge and bounce it back. I have always wanted to adjust it so that the spinner is pointing straight down towards the playfield rather than gravity down.
In pins (like Bally) where the spinner is directly attached to a leaf switch, it is possible to pull down the spinner to change the angle a bit. That seems to give the spinner a head start in the direction it is going to turn and it is much smoother.
But this spinner is not directly connected to a switch. As it turns, it depresses a switch, so there does not seem to be a way to change the angle.
I have lubricated it with teflon spray and it seems to spin faster and the process after I hit it is smoother. I am still not satisfied, so I will play with it some more. Perhaps as erak stated, raising or lowering it a bit might make it smoother.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-drop-target-and-spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.