Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220402_135626 (resized).jpg
20220402_110035 (resized).jpg
20220402_110051 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160912_173824 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

My ST Premium should be here in a few days, and I'm crazy excited to talk about this amazing machine. What are your likes and dislikes? Favorite mods? Highest scores? Let's talk Stern Star Trek! I realize there's a Generic Star Trek club, but I'd like to focus on Stern's version.

#2 5 years ago

Great game you're gonna enjoy it!

Built like a brick shithouse. I haven't had a single issue in over a year. Never had to lift the playfield even.

Lame animations but, meh.

Leaving my pro un-modded save for Cliffy's switch slot protectors on the in-lane switches.

Be sure to check out this thread for scoring tips!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player

#3 5 years ago

Welcome to the club - you're gonna love the Premium's light show! One of my favorite features.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Great game you're gonna enjoy it!
Built like a brick shithouse. I haven't had a single issue in over a year. Never had to lift the playfield even.
Lame animations but, meh.
Leaving my pro un-modded save for Cliffy's switch slot protectors on the in-lane switches.
Be sure to check out this thread for scoring tips!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player

level 2 and 3 missions have sweeeeeeeeet animations

will never get rid of mine, just such a great game

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I'll have to keep and eye out. I didn't realize they changed from tier to tier.

#8 5 years ago

I agree, the best animations are not on the first level. I always try to stack 3 deep on at least one tier before I move on. I think Nero is probably the easiest for me.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

My ST Premium should be here in a few days, and I'm crazy excited to talk about this amazing machine. What are your likes and dislikes? Favorite mods? Highest scores? Let's talk Stern Star Trek! I realize there's a Generic Star Trek club, but I'd like to focus on Stern's version.

The Generic Star Trek Club is 80% about the Stern version. Great game, enjoy it!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

The Generic Star Trek Club is 80% about the Stern version. Great game, enjoy it!

I got to page 9 without any Stern. There are 111 pages. With my luck the Stern's show up on page 10.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

I got to page 9 without any Stern. There are 111 pages. With my luck the Stern's show up on page 10.

They do (looks like post #479 by Zitt). This was when the game was first announced though.

Other than the interesting (in retrospect) initial angst over the perceived look of the game, you can probably skip well ahead in the thread to when the code was more developed and more ST owners were providing experienced input.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

I know there is a ton of info in the thread... Sorry if I sounded like a smart ass, that wasn't my intent when I sent it. I went through exactly what you're going through now since I didn't buy mine until after the code was updated (about a year or so after release I guess). I know there is page after page on Sterns version with just an occasional question about STTNG popping up.

#13 5 years ago

No offense taken. Just found it weird there wasn't a dedicated club. Either way, I'll go scour the Generic thread. My iPad is slow, so I lost patience and started this one.

Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Quoted from TOK:

I know there is a ton of info in the thread... Sorry if I sounded like a smart ass, that wasn't my intent when I sent it. I went through exactly what you're going through now since I didn't buy mine until after the code was updated (about a year or so after release I guess). I know there is page after page on Sterns version with just an occasional question about STTNG popping up.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I'm with the op though. Couldn't care less about stng and would rather not have to sift through impertinent info.

#15 5 years ago

There's my problem I never go 3 deep and don't get much farther than Kobi!

I think I shall start trying that!

#16 5 years ago

I'll be a red shirt. If Lt. Leslie can make it 57 episodes I feel like I'll be alright. He did wear gold and blue occasionally though...

#17 5 years ago

Freight just called. My Premium will be here tomorrow! First NIB. Will I sleep tonight?

#18 5 years ago

Just got this beer

IMG_20160912_173824 (resized).jpg

5 years later
#19 4 months ago

Anybody have trouble with getting a ball stuck here in pic? If so, what's the fix?

20220402_110035 (resized).jpg20220402_110051 (resized).jpg

#20 4 months ago

Nevermind. I made this

20220402_135626 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!