DSC_0237x1080 (resized).jpg
DSC_0235x1080 (resized).jpg
DSC_0236x1080 (resized).jpg
DSC_0233x1080 (resized).jpg
DSC_0234x1080 (resized).jpg
DSC_0008c (resized).JPG
GrnFatvsNormal_star (resized).jpg
GrnFatvsNormal_dot (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago

Is the green "low power" laser any good? I had the green high power laser on my last STLE and it made all the difference over the red stock laser. Now that only green low power is available just wondering if it is worth upgrading on my new STLE?

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You're doing an unfair comparison.
The stock red laser is under 5mW then split with the beam splitter.
The low power green is easily 2-3x more than that plus it won't be absorbed by the PF art.
That said; you'll probably be disappointed if you had the high power green in your last LE.
I think it'd look better than stock red; but not as good as the non-longer available high power green.
You should stop selling your games; then you wouldn't have this problem.

Well Zitt, thank you for the answer. When I sold my games it was forced due to my father having cancer and me having to move quickly. I gave up STLE, GBLE, SWLE, and LOTR. My father is gone forever now. I will buy back the pins at a higher price. There is no price that will bring him back.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Understand..sorry for you loss.

It’s all good. I actually bought more games later, but not STLE that I really missed. I then sold them due to me running for county Commissioner which turned into 80 hour work weeks. It probably was a bad decision to have two careers. Once things settled down I bought a BM66 which I just couldn’t warm up to and then a Mustang LE which I really like and and Rocky and Bullwinkle which is a lot of fun for a little amount of money. I now have a STLE which is staying and want to get another LOTR when one shows up close. I have been messing around with arcade cabinets in the meantime, but they just don’t compare to pinball. They are more of a reminder of me growing up in the 70s and 80s. I have a restored Battlezone and Red Baron that are keepers. Nice asteroids and deluxe as well, but probably not keepers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-blue-red-or-green-laser-upgrade-kits?tu=glasairpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.