deletelater2.jpg
deletelater.jpg
Capture-806.JPG
jump.jpg
u4.png
u3.png
u2.png
Untitled.png
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

As a complete newbie to uploading alternative music to my Star Trek Pro I have a question - Is it easy to revert back to the original music if needed? Just thinking if I come to sell it I would feel happier being able to do this, I assume you'd just use the official Stern 1.61 code?
I'll be trying this out this weekend, thanks so much Nosro!

I don't think anyone ever answered this question. I'm buying a pre-owned Pro from another Pinsider that already has the music on it, and while I'm sure I will love the soundtrack and keep it as is, would it be hard to revert back to normal?

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I don't think anyone ever answered this question. I'm buying a pre-owned Pro from another Pinsider that already has the music on it, and while I'm sure I will love the soundtrack and keep it as is, would it be hard to revert back to normal?

Very easy to go back. Just get the factory software from the Stern website and load it on your machine. The music is part of the game software. In the old days (90s) the music was on separate ROMs on the sound board, but things are much simpler now.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Very easy to go back. Just get the factory software from the Stern website and load it on your machine. The music is part of the game software. In the old days (90s) the music was on separate ROMs on the sound board, but things are much simpler now.

That's what I figured, and probably why no one answered the question before, but thanks for confirming it for me. I really appreciate it.

2 weeks later
#204 6 years ago

So just installed this mod and like it a lot. Thanks a million to nosro for the great work.

What are the optimal settings for volume? I would like the music to be louder but it doesn´t seem to work. Setting different volume levels rather seem to make the sound go bananas. Anyone got an idea what is the best settings?

#205 6 years ago

Does anyone have the LE code?

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So just installed this mod and like it a lot. Thanks a million to nosro for the great work.
What are the optimal settings for volume? I would like the music to be louder but it doesn´t seem to work. Setting different volume levels rather seem to make the sound go bananas. Anyone got an idea what is the best settings?

Unfortunately, if you adjust the music volume via the menu, it ruins the fade effects in the game, which might be what you are hearing.

#207 6 years ago

I think I found a good setting where the balance between music and speech is what I was looking for. I set the music volume to -30 and speech volume to -60. The sound effects did get lower, but they aren´t as important as the music and speech IMHO.

1 month later
#208 6 years ago

Did this this morning. REALLY cool. The new version of Pinball Browser (6.0) has some differences from the version (5.4) that is shown in the tutorial by nosro (thanks again dude!) on page 3, so you need to use the drag down menu by the play button (on the left now) to open the macro on step 8, then I had to edit every line of the macro to reflect where my music files were (just a name change if you work from the desktop and don't change the file name)... but after that it worked like a charm.

#209 6 years ago

can someone PM me the link to the complete file for download?

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

can someone PM me the link to the complete file for download?

I would greatly appreciate the link for the premium code as well!

#211 6 years ago

If someone can email me [email protected] the complete code for the Pro (or even the LE), i can host it for easier downloads. thanks!

#212 6 years ago

Also wondered if anyone can PM or post link for completed code for the LE.

Thanks
John

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

Also wondered if anyone can PM or post link for completed code for the LE.
Thanks
John

I would appreciate receiving the premium code (same as LE code?) as well.

Thanks a lot

Eckhard

#214 6 years ago

I would love to try this new code for LE/Pre if someone could pm me

Thanks Ed

#215 6 years ago

Everybody thank Clay cfh :
http://www.pinrepair.com/de/roms

#216 6 years ago

Oh gee thanks, right after I paid the license and puzzled through the process...

Actually I'm still pretty glad I did, as I've made some adjustments.

#217 6 years ago

If anyone want to try an LE version with the old star trek sounds let me know.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

If anyone want to try an LE version with the old star trek sounds let me know.

Old as in original TV series sounds?

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Old as in original TV series sounds?

Yes

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

i can host it for easier downloads.

Thanks Clay!

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does anyone have the LE code?

I'm looking for the LE code as well modified with the official music.

#222 6 years ago

Which one will,work with my Star Trek premium

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm looking for the LE code as well modified with the official music.

Look at the link 6 posts up......

Quoted from Mayboyz:

Which one will,work with my Star Trek premium</blockquote

LE

#224 6 years ago

The file failed verification when I went to install it on my Pro. Did I miss a step?

Marc

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The file failed verification when I went to install it on my Pro. Did I miss a step?
Marc

Did you unzip it?

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Did you unzip it?

Yes! It was a .bin on the drive.

#227 6 years ago

someone else try it too. if the pro version is bad, some email me with a working version please. [email protected]

#228 6 years ago

Thanks Clay!

#229 6 years ago

The PRO rom works fine from your site Clay. I tested it in the emulator. When you update don't enable verify. Its a modified rom and you'll get an error verifying. Same with any rom modified with pinball browser.

From the pinball browser release notes:
Misc :
- When you save a firmware without the option "Keep CRC consistent", do not verify the image when upgrading : The upgrade process will end with a message saying that there was a problem ("Update Failed - Error code 8"). This is normal and it works.

Quoted from cfh:

someone else try it too. if the pro version is bad, some email me with a working version please. [email protected]

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The PRO rom works fine from your site Clay. I tested it in the emulator. When you update don't enable verify. Its a modified rom and you'll get an error verifying. Same with any rom modified with pinball browser.
From the pinball browser release notes:
Misc :
- When you save a firmware without the option "Keep CRC consistent", do not verify the image when upgrading : The upgrade process will end with a message saying that there was a problem ("Update Failed - Error code 8"). This is normal and it works.

Thank you! OK, I will retry that tonight. I got the error and thought it was fatal!

Marc

#231 6 years ago

Works perfectly. Love the new music! Really makes the pin come alive.

#232 6 years ago

Ok, stupid question....So now that Clay is hosting the completed file, do I just download the file to a thumb drive and install into game? (Its been a while since I first attempted this and gave up)

Thx

#233 6 years ago

Yep!

#234 6 years ago

Nice, going to try it tonight after work.

#235 6 years ago

Installed! (Guess I had 1.0 on there, oops) Forgot to turn off verify, and it verified anyway.

Thanks Clay for hosting!

#236 6 years ago

I was never much of a fan of Star Trek as I never felt like the machine sucked me in with its visuals and music. This. This right here made me smile and want to play it. Amazing job!

#237 6 years ago

Can someone make a youtube video with the new music (and sounds?) before I do this to mine. I'm nervous to change it because I'm pretty fond of it as is. But if everyone says it's so great, let's see a vid of it running so I know if I want to reset my high scores or not doing this.

EDIT: Also, does this new file that Clay uploaded have no sounds like the Khan yell?

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Can someone make a youtube video with the new music (and sounds?) before I do this to mine. I'm nervous to change it because I'm pretty fond of it as is. But if everyone says it's so great, let's see a vid of it running so I know if I want to reset my high scores or not doing this.
EDIT: Also, does this new file that Clay uploaded have no sounds like the Khan yell?

Just try it. You can change it right back. Set new high scores.

It has all the normal sounds, just different music.

#239 6 years ago

So I tried it. I do really like it a lot!! It's way more movie like. I'm impressed how well the music works with it.

#240 6 years ago

Its awesome

#241 6 years ago

Just did it, very cool and super simple! Thanks to all!

1 week later
#242 6 years ago

My ST Pro won't recognize the .bin file any of the 4 memory sticks formatted FAT32 that I've tried (1G, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB). I would have thought the old 1G "china" USB would work, have used that one formatted FAT for ColorDMD upgrades. Anyone recommend a model USB stick or other trick to get it to work?

Edit: Nevermind, got it figured out. Had to repartition my 1GB memory stick with only a 128MB FAT32 partition and it recognized it!

#243 6 years ago

Can anyone post a YouTube video so I can see/hear this?

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can anyone post a YouTube video so I can see/hear this?

Did you see the first post?

1 month later
#245 6 years ago

Just got a ST Premium a few weeks ago, and just installed this movie music mod today. Thanks norso! and thanks Clay! This really finishes the game off. These movies have a great soundtrack and it's a shame it wasn't incorporated into the game to begin with. Loving the game with this soundtrack!

2 weeks later
#246 6 years ago

I'm still confused on where to dump this music. Which setting is it under? USB?

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from BaggerVance:

I'm still confused on where to dump this music. Which setting is it under? USB?

Are you trying to load the file with the music into your machine? If so, it is the same process as updating software. That is essentially what you are doing since the new music has been embedded into the original Stern software file.

1 month later
#248 6 years ago

Just found and installed this "upgrade" to my ST pro and love it!
Thanks everyone for the work here!!

#249 6 years ago

I'm loving it also

Oh, hang on a minute. I don't have this version. I must have someone elses.

4 months later
#250 5 years ago

Is it just me, or are all the STv161.bin files already loaded with the new music in the Dropbox zip? The bins in your ST ROMs folder and ST Sounds all play the new music in the "sound browser" in Pinball Browser prior to importing the .bpm file.

When downloading the STPRO161.bin directly from Stern, the original music plays when opened with Pinball Browser in the "sound" browser section. Can you confirm this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video/page/5?hl=neoskywalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.