deletelater2.jpg
deletelater.jpg
Capture-806.JPG
jump.jpg
u4.png
u3.png
u2.png
Untitled.png
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 7 years ago

WOW! Just got the newest instructionsf done, and installed on my game. This update makes a huge difference! I was using the one that has been floating around for a while, and it sounds like garbage compared to this. Huge thanks to nosro!

#152 7 years ago

Is this available as a complete file I can download and install on my STLE like you do with an update?** Update- got my answer , Thanks

3 months later
#153 7 years ago

As a complete newbie to uploading alternative music to my Star Trek Pro I have a question - Is it easy to revert back to the original music if needed? Just thinking if I come to sell it I would feel happier being able to do this, I assume you'd just use the official Stern 1.61 code?

I'll be trying this out this weekend, thanks so much Nosro!

#154 7 years ago

I'm not good with pinball browser, if anyone can email me this new Norso sound/code please PM me.

#155 7 years ago

I updated the code. It sounds great thanks Nosro!

Does anyone here adjust the music volume on Star Trek so it's a little louder, keeping the speech and fx as it is?

I understand you can do something with music attenuation but not sure if this is possible on star trek. Had a look and found music volume in standard adjustments but didn't seem to do anything. Any advice would be much appreciated. I just want to hear this awesome new music a bit louder vs everything else.

#156 7 years ago

You can adjust the music (strangely enough, you need negative numbers to make it louder), but I find that it ruins some of the fading and mixing that happens during a game and sometimes causes some abrupt cuts. For example, after adjusting the music volume from the default, the first thing I noticed is that the end-of-game music cuts off abruptly rather than fading out smoothly.

1 week later
#157 7 years ago

Does anyone have a complete file? If someone wouldn't mind sending me a PM I would be greatful. Thanks in advance.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does anyone have a complete file? If someone wouldn't mind sending me a PM I would be greatful. Thanks in advance.

Agreed

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

X3

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would be most appreciative for a complete file as well...

2 weeks later
#161 7 years ago

Bravo Nosro. I never touched pinball browser before and have limited computer skills, but was able to follow nosro's instructions and complete the install in maybe 30 minutes. My star trek premium is an amazing pin; however, with the soundtrack music, this pin is now complete... I mean the score from this movie (even if not a star trek fan) is right up there with some of the best musical scores ever. Really nice job incorporating it into the pin. Can't believe stern didn't get the license too use the music. Total fail. Very pleased with this upgrade. Thanks again nosro.

#162 7 years ago

Apparently, the license agreement included the soundtrack, but the designers elected to use original music. It's a shame, because soundtracks are increasingly devoid of actual music (see video below). Star Trek is a rare action franchise to use actual music in the movie and Stern discards it.

#163 7 years ago

What am I doing wrong my computer freezes as soon as I hit the play button it say processing and gives me the option of opening the wave file but when I click open I get error saying path does not exist?

Update: I think I figured it out

#164 7 years ago

Would greatly appreciate a pm of complete file. Have a premium, and trying to really like it, hoping this will do it. Thanks!
Paul

#165 7 years ago

Finally picked up a STLE, NIB as well which is extra cool, if anyone has the file for this that would be awesome, if someone could willing pm me the file I would appreciate it as I have no laptop or computer to access Pinball Browser and make my own version. Thanks

1 week later
#166 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing your hard work Nosro. Just picked up a ST pro and this was the first change I made, love the new music changes

1 month later
#167 7 years ago

Does anyone have the custom code they can share with me? I just picked up a Star Trek Premium and would love to have the custom code with the music score. Thanks in advance

#168 7 years ago

I downloaded the files in the instructions, paid my $20 for a license key for pinball browser and gave it a try. It worked great, created a file for my Star Trek premium. My only comment is that I needed to edit the importSounds.pbm file so that it knew where to look for the music files. The best $20 you can spend on a mod, I highly recommend it. Thanks nosro, you did a great job...Dave

#169 7 years ago

I'm glad it worked out.

#170 7 years ago

Thanks for the awesome work !!

#171 7 years ago

Double !

2 months later
#172 6 years ago

Did I miss my window to get this? The dropbox files are no longer there.

Being that I'm not a computer/programming whiz, is it possible to simply get the code from someone?

#173 6 years ago

Add me to the list, I came with my game but would like a copy in case I need it in the future.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Add me to the list, I came with my game but would like a copy in case I need it in the future.

Can you not make a backup from your game? Been a while since I updated a Stern but I seem to remember update and backup being options

#176 6 years ago

Please please can someone pm me the whole file so I can down load this? I'd be happy to donate to pinside, individual. what ever it takes. Thanks you

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you not make a backup from your game? Been a while since I updated a Stern but I seem to remember update and backup being options

Good point I never tried

#178 6 years ago

Same here , also would be interested(stpro). The custom code I have is good but this one seems better

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Good point I never tried

I would definitely give it a look and if you could upload the file I know I would be greaful as would others

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would definitely give it a look and if you could upload the file I know I would be greaful as would others

Will do, need to figure out if its the same one as well. I'm at work and haven't watched the video yet.

#181 6 years ago

I've had a Star Trek pro for several years now and would love to add this to it to give it a fresh feeling when playing. I'll take a copy of the complete code or just the files and do the pinball browser part.

#182 6 years ago

I am also a big fan of original soundtracks being used on games and I would seriously love to be able to update my ST pro to run this version, but unfortunately I am unable to run Pinball Browser on my computer.

Just wondering if anybody who has undertaken this exercise might be kind enough to PM me a drop box link to their updated game file that I could download and run on my game.

Edit: I'll also be happy to make a small donation to Pinside as part of my appreciation to anybody who can hook me up with the updated code file with new music.

#183 6 years ago

Interested in the files as well for my ST prem. Thanks for any info or pointers.

#184 6 years ago

Could someone please share the file with me as well ??

#185 6 years ago

I don't have a ST yet but plan to pick up a PRO soon. I'd be down with someone sharing that file on the down low.

#186 6 years ago

I'd like to get this file too for an LE ... I had one, but this one sounds better.

#187 6 years ago

Can someone give me the gist of what this is? I just traded for a STLE, curious.

#188 6 years ago

I will see what is wrong with the Drop Box later tonight.

#189 6 years ago

hello

if someone can send me a PM for the sound file (LE)?

Thanks

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I will see what is wrong with the Drop Box later tonight.

Funny how I never saw this post earlier, just depends on how the threads percolate. Seems like you've created something special so thanks for continuing to help share it.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Did I miss my window to get this? The dropbox files are no longer there.
Being that I'm not a computer/programming whiz, is it possible to simply get the code from someone?

X2

#193 6 years ago

I would love to have the code for my ST Pro if someone could be so kind as to share it...

#194 6 years ago

yup 404 on that dropbox link.

#195 6 years ago

Just joined the ST club with a premium. Would love to run the sound file being discussed. I have zero experience with custom ROMs. Would gladly show appreciation to Pinside and any Pinsider who could share the completed file with me.

#196 6 years ago

If anyone wants to try my LE pm me. Mine has some nice old Star Trek sounds, TOS.

#197 6 years ago

Someone try this link before I update the first post.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqny06jinqqyzb5/AAB84J68KkKkn_znEMbb1GX6a?dl=0

#198 6 years ago

The page opened for me.

#199 6 years ago

Please do not ask any questions until you read at least the first few steps here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video/page/3#post-3229934

#200 6 years ago

does anyone have it put together already they can share?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video/page/4?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.