deletelater2.jpg
deletelater.jpg
Capture-806.JPG
jump.jpg
u4.png
u3.png
u2.png
Untitled.png
There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I am glade it's not just me. Someone here tole me I was deaf but 98% of the time I hear Kai but once in a wile I will hear a very faint Khan.
» YouTube video

The callout is 499 in the rom. It sounds ok in the rom, so it must be the way the game is playing it back.

Rob

3 weeks later
#102 9 years ago

I was playing around with this tonight. Does anyone have a pinball browser DAT file with sound labels?

Thanks!

1 month later
#103 9 years ago

I went through the whole procedure but Pinball Browser crashes when I try to import an audio file. In Audacity, I had to type in "24000" in the lower left box as it didn't have that option from the pop up dialog. The WAV file output from Acid xpress also had some funny description with it like (mobile) but it was the only WAV option so this must have been okay. Anyway the error I get in Pinball Browser says that it can't determine the length (or the end, can't remember) of the file and then I get an exception fault. The WAV files play fine in Windows Media Player. Any way to check the properties of the WAV files to see what's wrong?

#104 9 years ago

I haven't seen that kind of fault before - if you already checked the WAV file with another application, then I have no other ideas. You may want to ask about it in the Pinball Browser thread.

#105 9 years ago

OK my bad. In Audacity my output was GSM 6.10 WAV (mobile) instead of WAV (Microsoft). That's what happens when do this stuff too late at night.

1 month later
#106 9 years ago

ok...complete computer illiterate newb about to attempt this...when I got my STLE six months ago the movie soundtrack was already installed by the previous owner, but when the code dropped a few weeks later I lost the music in the update...finally getting around to trying to change music myself, I will let you know how it turns out...

wish me luck...

3 weeks later
#107 9 years ago

Nosro,
I just installed this last night on my Pro machine.
Its awesome! Nice job with those cue points etc. I love the music swap. Bought the 2 albums from Amazon as you did. The .mp3 download is on sale right now for $6.99 and $7.99 (Movie 1 & 2).

As someone else mentioned, on step C, I had to save it as a .mp3 because the free version of Acid wont allow you to save as .wav. Make sure when you select Render as MP3 Audio that you select 128 Kbps in the pull down menu below that.
deletelater.jpgdeletelater.jpg
Also, I don't know how critical this is, but in step D, 24,000 was not an option for me to select.
I had to go to the Edit menu, then select Preferences, then Quality. On the top, under Sampling, Pull down and select Other ... next to Default Sample Rate: and type in 24000 (no comma).
deletelater2.jpgdeletelater2.jpg
Now you will see 24000 in step D. Not as complicated as it sounds.
I did find the music a little low when playing the game. I corrected that in the service menu of the machine by changing it to volume level 2.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Make sure when you select Render as MP3 Audio that you select 128 Kbps in the pull down menu below that.

Why does it have to be 128 Kbps?

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

As Markmon points out, "The free version of Acid xpress does not allow for saving as a .wav. You have to save as mp3 and only 128kbit . . ."

I imagine it wouldn't hurt for you to try another setting. All I know is I followed these directions and mine sound great. If you never played this pin before, you would never know the music was swapped. Sounds much more dramatic now.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Put another way, 128Kbps is the highest bitrate that the trial version will let you save. It's not a limitation when using the stock speakers. If you have aftermarket speakers, you may want to spring for a Sony Acid license so that you can save in WAV format.

Let me know if you need some help.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Anyway the error I get in Pinball Browser says that it can't determine the length (or the end, can't remember) of the file

I got the same error. I think its because you probably did optional step H. It trims it ever so slightly, but its enough that the timing is changed. I just ignored the error and moved onto the next one. No problems can be heard once the game is played.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

As Markmon points out, "The free version of Acid xpress does not allow for saving as a .wav. You have to save as mp3 and only 128kbit . . ."
I imagine it wouldn't hurt for you to try another setting. All I know is I followed these directions and mine sound great. If you never played this pin before, you would never know the music was swapped. Sounds much more dramatic now.

Why not use the free Audio tool AUDACITY instead of sonys acid express? Audacity has no restrictions saving to wav or using higher bit rates...

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why not use the free Audio tool AUDACITY instead of sonys acid express? Audacity has no restrictions saving to wav or using higher bit rates...

I didn't create the original cue points. I just followed the detailed directions of the original poster.
His directions are great and easy to follow. You do import the clips into Audacity after they are rendered in Acid. Nosro did a lot of work creating those clips.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I needed a way to save the fade points without saving the music file with it in order to avoid music piracy. I was unable to do this with Audacity.

2 weeks later
#115 9 years ago

Anyone try this yet on 1.60?!!

#116 9 years ago

Yes, please let us know. Will we just need to go through the same steps as before, or at least just the last part in the browser and replace the sound request numbers for all the tracks if they are the same for v1.6?

Would hate to lose this, but really want to update soon.

#117 9 years ago

I saw issues with the high score table returning garbage when I loaded 1.60; therefore, I aborted modding the firmware.

#118 9 years ago

STE has a really cool drum riff that sounds awesome with a subwoofer. Plus I think having played with the original soundtrack for months and now the original game music in 1.6, some of the game music I prefer better. Or maybe that's because it's different. I still dislike vengeance victory, but will live with it.

Rob

#119 9 years ago

The songs seem to have changed. This does not line up with the new code. Will need to see if we can remap to the new bookmarks. For now enjoy some of the new stuff that seems to have been added or changed.

#120 9 years ago

Hey guys, I'm using Crossover on a Mac, and Pinball Browser runs great. I installed AcidExpress v7, and it seems to run, but when I try to open one of the .ACD files from the ST sound config v3 file, it gives me an error message saying an unknown error occured when opening the file. Any ideas how to fix this? Do you know if AcidExpress needs some other libraries installed (like Pinball Browser needed .NET Framework 4.0)? Thanks.

1 week later
#121 9 years ago

Wanted to bump this thread in hopes we could see a 1.61 version of this.
Also noticed that http://www.sternpinball.com/IntroSAM.html no longer exists on Stern's website. Does anyone know where they've moved it? Or have they just removed it completely?

#122 9 years ago

After having the original Stern music on the game for a while, I'm ready to put the modified tunes back on. Much of the original music is ok (some of it's great!), but some is just plain lousy like DTD. The horn on the game over theme drives me nuts too because it sounds so flat. Maybe I'll just replace a few of the songs instead of all this time.

What's your most and least favorite music in the original code?

Least Favorite:
DTD
End Theme

Most Favorite:
STE
PD

Rob

8 months later
#123 8 years ago

I know this is a old thread, but since I just re-purchased Star Trek I was just changing my songs out.

Not that Star Trek had bad music by any means, but this is such an improvement.

#124 8 years ago

I got a PM from someone asking if this works with ver 1.61 and I will confirm, yes it does.
No change in sound requests that I can tell.

6 months later
#125 7 years ago

I need a volunteer to try a test file.

#126 7 years ago

Hi,

my new Kaaaaaahn Sound from the Movie (Spock`s German Synchro)

https://www.facebook.com/boris.hauk/videos/10206229022584801/

#127 7 years ago

I have a 1.61 package for someone to beta test. Anybody?

#129 7 years ago

Simply brilliant makes ST a complete package

#130 7 years ago

Pm sent. I would like to test it please

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from Spider:

Hi,
my new Kaaaaaahn Sound from the Movie (Spock`s German Synchro)
https://www.facebook.com/boris.hauk/videos/10206229022584801/

WAAAAAAY better than the one in game. I like Karl Urban but his call outs are less than inspired.

#132 7 years ago

Hi,

i like Karl Urban too, but in this emotional Scene Spock cried it out.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#133 7 years ago

Hey everyone, just joined the Star Trek club and I love the sound of this updated/improved audio file. Only problem is I'm hopeless with software-related stuff and don't really have time to invest in that skillset right now. Would anyone be willing to send me the code file that I can drop just like a normal code update? Of course I will buy all the songs and am happy to provide proof of purchase - not trying to freeload off anyone, and if I can return the favor in anyway I'm happy to do so. Please PM me if you love ST pinball and have technical skills and a kind heart.

#134 7 years ago

I got quite a few people to sign up as beta testers but no feedback. Anybody? If I get enough feedback, I'll release appropriate files, but I don't even know if it works correctly because I don't have a Star Trek anymore!

BTW, anyone who also has a Tron can check out my Tron music replacement: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-music-replacement-work-in-progress

#135 7 years ago

Just finished playing a glass off game with the new code to check it out. Music is great! Appropriate and corresponds nicely with the movies. Couldn't tell if it took a little too long to reach the best part of the music after defeating Vengeance. I'll pay more attention next defeat.

Best is that we just re-watched both movies recently in anticipation of the 3rd installment to be released in a month so the music was fresh. Nice job!

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Hey everyone, just joined the Star Trek club and I love the sound of this updated/improved audio file. Only problem is I'm hopeless with software-related stuff and don't really have time to invest in that skillset right now. Would anyone be willing to send me the code file that I can drop just like a normal code update? Of course I will buy all the songs and am happy to provide proof of purchase - not trying to freeload off anyone, and if I can return the favor in anyway I'm happy to do so. Please PM me if you love ST pinball and have technical skills and a kind heart.

You can download the file directly from a link earlier in this thread, copy it to a USB stick and then install it into your game. Very simple if you follow the posted instructions. I personally prefer the Milhouse version, but there are at least one or two other versions available in this thread.

#137 7 years ago

can I get a copy of this?

#138 7 years ago

I have enough beta testers for now. If I can get enough confirmations that this is good, I'll provide the WAV files which can be easily imported via PinballBrowser.

I need confirmations from others because I don't have a Star Trek anymore to confirm on my own.

#139 7 years ago

Thanks Nosro!

#140 7 years ago

Thanks for all the work.

We got it up and running with help of a fellow insider and its perfect super job!!!!!!!!!

It makes it like a whole new game

#141 7 years ago

Here are the steps to insert the movie soundtrack into Star Trek:
1) Download the official Stern code (currently v1.61), either Pro or LE
2) Download the 7z utility at www.7z.org.
3) Download "Star Trek sounds.7z". https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqny06jinqqyzb5/AAB84J68KkKkn_znEMbb1GX6a?dl=0
Unpack using the 7z utility. The password is the name of this website (all lowercase); please figure this out on your own and don't post this.
4) Place all files (sounds and Stern code) into the same folder.
5) Open Pinball Browser. If you haven't already, make a donation and enter the license so that you are able to import the long sound files. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
6) Open the Stern code:
s1_(resized).pngs1_(resized).png
7) Select "Macros"
s2_(resized).pngs2_(resized).png
8) Open the macro by selecting the button below and opening the "ImportSounds.pbm" file
s3_(resized).pngs3_(resized).png
9) Press the play button for the macro
s4_(resized).pngs4_(resized).png
10) Save your new code file. Pick a unique name that is less than 8 characters long.
s5_(resized).pngs5_(resized).png
11) Flash this new code file using the standard Stern code update procedure.
Added over 8 years ago: Note that if you use the LE code, you might get a warning. Just click yes - the sound scripts for these tracks are the same between Pro and LE.

Added over 7 years ago: Here are the steps to insert the movie soundtrack into Star Trek:
1) Download the official Stern code (currently v1.61), either Pro or LE
2) Download the 7z utility at www.7z.org.
3) Download "Star Trek sounds.7z". https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8292818/ST/Star%20Trek%20sounds.7z
Unpack using the 7z utility. The password is the name of this website (all lowercase); please figure this out on your own and don't post this.
4) Place all files (sounds and Stern code) into the same folder.
5) Open Pinball Browser. If you haven't already, make a donation and enter the license so that you are able to import the long sound files. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
6) Open the Stern code:
s1_(resized).pngs1_(resized).png
7) Select "Macros"
s2_(resized).pngs2_(resized).png
8) Open the macro by selecting the button below and opening the "ImportSounds.pbm" file
s3_(resized).pngs3_(resized).png
9) Press the play button for the macro. Note that if you use the LE code, you might get a warning. Just click yes - the sound scripts for these tracks are the same between Pro and LE.
s4_(resized).pngs4_(resized).png
10) Save your new code file. Pick a unique name that is less than 8 characters long.
s5_(resized).pngs5_(resized).png
11) Flash this new code file using the standard Stern code update procedure.

Added over 7 years ago: UPDATE: link has changed to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqny06jinqqyzb5/AAB84J68KkKkn_znEMbb1GX6a?dl=0

#142 7 years ago

I would appreciate it if someone can try out the procedure posted above and provide any feedback on the write-up.

#143 7 years ago

This is definitely way, way better than the other version that was floating around last year.

#144 7 years ago

Will the macro work for the Premium as well?

#145 7 years ago

Ughh...I Sooooo want to try this out but I only have a mac

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Will the macro work for the Premium as well?

Yes. You will get a warning that the macro is "designated for a different firmware". Just click YES since the sound scripts are the same between Pro and LE.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Yes. You will get a warning that the macro is "designated for a different firmware". Just click YES since the sound scripts are the same between Pro and LE.

Awesome, thanks!

#148 7 years ago

@nosro: the writeup is fine. Worked without a hitch.

edit: btw: forgot to thank you for your work !

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Ughh...I Sooooo want to try this out but I only have a mac

Likewise! Is there any hope for mac users to get our paws on these sweet sounds?

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Likewise! Is there any hope for mac users to get our paws on these sweet sounds?

Get a Windows emulator!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-all-music-replaced-with-music-from-movie-video/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.