lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#361 10 years ago

I think they look like a lot of fun, and I can't wait to play all the versions.

#546 10 years ago

I think the artwork looks great, and I think the game looks great. This game is packed with ramps, toys, and modes.

We don't even know what half of the things do, or what half of the features are.

Maybe Stern tilted the DMD and put one of those comb filter overlays on the DMD to eliminate DMD glare. Maybe that's an LCD showing what looks like a DMD.

This game is going to be freaking awesome. SR knows what he is doing.

#1053 10 years ago

Alex, I'm glad you are back, but so far all of your posts have been basically a put-down on the unseen star projector.

Back to JJP employees saying negative things about Stern over and over?

#1079 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The Premium is starting to grow on me too

Steve Ritchie knows what he is doing. I can't wait to play this game.

#1087 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Wouldn't there be safety issues with that setup?

Not if it's not a "laser" per say.

Projecting a disco ball style display on the ceiling/walls could make it feel like you are in warp speed.

I'm still really curious about the CGI enterprise stuff they had in their promo video. What was the point of that? Was that just a fun cut scene they made with their 3d model of the enterprise toy? Was it alluding to more?

#1126 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

It is actually amazing to me that there is no video of this thing being played

Stern is shelling out money for a big reveal at Expo, why would they ruin it before hand?

#1127 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

It is actually amazing to me that there is no video of this thing being played

Stern is shelling out money for a big reveal at Expo, why would they ruin it before hand?

#1135 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

There is no way in the world anything can be ruined by people seeing something awesome and willingly choosing to give the financial value of a used volvo to someone on the phone to get one if their own.

So you are saying that if you had a new wrap/paint job put on your monster camaro, and rented out a track to do a big unveil, that you wouldn't try to hide it until then?

#1139 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If they don't show it now, my order gets canceled, it might anyhow, but I want to see the video at least before I follow through on pre order......

I didn't say the video wasn't coming or that I agree with holding back info, but I do think SR wants his "big reveal" moment.

Even looking at the features grid on their website with the extra cells in the background, and 2 blank pages screams "we had to rush this out because info was leaking faster than we could contain it".

#1145 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Im a little scared/shocked that you know who I am and what I own..

Haha, why are you shocked? You posted a bunch about yourself in your pinball party thread including a link to your facebook page. We even had a conversation about your name-sake sandwich........

I'm sure we will see video before Expo, but I get the feeling that wasn't always the plan. At first I thought the missing "DMD" feature line in the sheet was an indicator that something was left out, but I went back and looked at the matrices for X-Men, and it doesn't mention DMD there either.

#1462 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, they call that a Space Bidet!

I've tried bidets at several points in my life so far, and still can't "figure it out".

Point being, it would just be another pinball thing I can't do, lol.

#1515 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That might only be a sheath covering

Call the mohel!

#1517 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

when that ship is down it's gonna act like a ramp no?, i can already see balls flying around and hitting the glass if it's the case.

My only thought on this would be that the front of the ship is a separate piece for some reason. It either moves, or is a bash target of some sort.

#1526 10 years ago

I'm not gonna lie, I love the playfield artwork.

Don't hate me for it.

#1548 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The power source would have to be fed under the rails and back into the front of the cab somewhere. It seems unlikely that they would light up but, would be a cool effect it they did.

My guess would be that those are the lights that light up the outside of the rails, and they also light up inside to give that "firing photon torpedo" effect.

Like 12 bulbs in a sequence, and the plastic housing is visible from both sides (outside and inside).

#1709 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

The integration of the theme (or lack thereof) into the playfield is my issue with it.

I just disagree that they didn't integrate the theme. Just because they didn't put pictures of the current actors on the playfield, doesn't make it any less integrated.

They had custom inserts made of the star trek logo... Does it get any more integrated than that?

#1782 10 years ago

I just watched Into Darkness for the first time. Now I really don't understand how people think the theme isn't integrated, or how the artwork doesn't match.

The pictures of even the pro lit up look like something straight out of the movie.

I can just imagine the battle between the vengeance and the enterprise during warp, with the warp simulating "laser" show. Got the vengeance firing balls back at you. She crashes and you have to battle Khan.

#1902 10 years ago

All I know is work is done for the day, engage warp speed to the smashed quadrant.

#1983 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

Animated? I highly doubt that. Unless they have a new definition of what animation means.

Animated in this case means that the light sequences out from the ship like a laser firing. If you look closely at the pics, you can see the individual light blocks all in a row.

#2000 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Cool, thanks for the pictures. However the spec sheet says the emblems are six inches. Judging from the height of the DMD (3.75-4") which look to be the same hight as the emblem in the picture. How can the emblem be six inches tall? Maybe an optical illusion?

Yeah, I think spidey is wrong. It's the emblems on the side of the backbox that light up.

#2074 10 years ago

I love how Stern has ignited some weird form of rage, because they won't share the info yet, lol.

Brilliant on their part, even though a lot of you won't see it that way.

#2078 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If very brilliant is loosing money to competitors as indicated by many on these threads then your absolutely right!

Let's tally the results of their actions in 2 months. Maybe I'm wrong and it will backfire on them, but I think this is a funny/smart play on their part.

#2116 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

However who ever thinks their marketing is "brilliant" I have to question.

That's me, and I think what they are doing is funny as hell. ST will sell (or not) on it's own merits. Hell, I'd love to be able to pre-order STLE, but I'll just have to do with sitting back and enjoying the lead-up to the big reveal.

#2130 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Are people that upset about a teaser video?

The more upset posts I see about it, the funnier it is to me.

I've never seen people so worked up over a teaser video.

#2136 10 years ago

Ahahaha, they did it again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 15.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.