lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1560 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Is there a way to hide all threads with the phrase "star trek" in it on Pinside?

Ya it's called not clicking on the thread.

#1571 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Anytime you add lasers they should really be mounted on sharks.

Is there any other way to have them???

#1753 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

At first I was not that impressed. After a couple of days and looking at the pic more I think this game is going to be a blast to play. I thought about it locked one in yesterday.

I believe Vegas has the odds set at 1 to 10 that it isn't in your collection on 1/1/2014. (:

#1802 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

LOL, maybe they got Derek to do their marketing. I still fondly remember him describing Sparky on Metallica as "animatronic". Final product: bobble head.

If dealers buy the game (and they did) and it doesn't end up selling well to customers, Stern *will* hear about it. And if that's what ends up happening, it could very well be a bigger disaster, because while Stern can slash their profit margin on games they built but didn't sell (and there's gotta be a LOT of profit margin in there now), it's a lot harder to do that when your dealers are sitting on stagnant stock they bought ages ago at full price.

You know what happens if those LE's that you say don't sell? All those People waiting for premiums will be waiting for a while. How many avengers premiums are out there???

#1867 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Amazing when $6500 is considered "reasonable" for a game with 0.75x the content of a game like TSPP.

How do you know have you played the game already?

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Exactly ... and every one of those games has more going on than ST. POTC? Yep, sinking ship (which is pretty damn cool IMO), but what about the Kraken behind the ship? The 'Heart' treasure chest? Spinning disk? Give me a break. And are you really suggesting Avatar was a winner? I guess I meant ONE main toy and no other toys interacting with the ball (like I believe I'm seeing on ST).

Once again how the hell do you know yet or are you another of those guys that can breakdown a pin without even playing it yet?

#1889 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Easy, because I'm basing my statement on what physical content has been put into the game.
Since we don't know how it plays or what it sounds like yet, probably won't know what the rules will be like for many months and things like artwork are very subjective, the physical content is all we have to go on at this point.
I'm not saying it won't be the greatest game ever, I'm just saying that based on what we do know, I'm amazed that people think it's such a "reasonable" price that they have to rush out and pre-order one.
Based on initial photos alone, I don't remember a bunch of people declaring how reasonable a price "The Pin" was at $3000 when it was first announced. According to your way of thinking, all opinions regarding relative value should have been shelved until the game was played, correct?
Edit: I guess if "the Pin" ended up playing as well as AC/DC Premium (again gameplay and fun is very subjective), it should sell for $6000?

What's so great about TSPP that is has so much more? A VUK and a boring mini PF. I hope you are right and it plays nothing like TSPP. But since its a Ritchie pin I'm pretty safe to assume it won't.

People like you who bitch and moan about the prices shod maybe just look into the Pro or Premium version. I highly doubt we will see the LE versions from JJP or Stern ever sell for a price you feel they should.

#1915 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Five flippers.
Mini playfield with custom molded couch lock.
Three ramps.
Three drop targets with saucer.
Garage door.
Nuke pop bumper caps.
Hand drawn art.
TV LED display.
Mode display board.
Lighted, rotating Homer head.
Captive ball with moving Bart figure on skateboard.
Metal habit rails.
Multiple stationary figures.
Notice, I'm not talking about game play, rules or sound as some people hate it and some people love it. Just what is physically in the game.
So, you tell me. What is in ST that makes it's price so reasonable at $6500 for the premium, which was my original point?
Edit: let me add that I love Steve Ritchie's games (you'll notice I own a few). I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the relative values. I think the programming and sound are really going to have to come together to knock this one out of the park and make it worth what on the surface look like "not too reasonable" prices.

Give me A game like SM with its 2 toys that really don't do anything over TSPP any day. I'm glad many of you like TSPP and maybe it has more custom stuff in it but I buy a Pin cause its fun to play, not cause it is cluttered with crap that does nothing but slow the gameplay down.

#2020 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And you're aware of my financial condition how? I can assure you money is not an issue for me. Despite the Stern fanboy bullies acting as if I state the "same" comment over and over I have raised numerous different issues with Stern's announcement on ST. I was an LE pre-order ... I love the theme and have been eagerly anticipating it for many months. I have avoided profanity and personal attacks. I did have a brief post above calling the game "Stern crap" which I deleted 2 minutes after posting (and RobT decided to quote a half an hour later despite this to continue his personal tirade against me.) Every issue I've noted they've ignored and only responded with "troll" and numerous other insults. I'm fairly confident there are MANY folks who share my frustations with what has been shown and the direction Stern is taking.

Ok I think we get it, you won't be buying a STLE or maybe any version. I'm sure the people that are excited about getting one appreciate all the great advice you have given us with your many posts. Ill be sure to PM you next time I'm thinking about buying a NIB Stern!!!

#2091 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

How do you give constructive criticism to a video that just shits in the face of their own costumers.
You guys must get real, this video is something only a person described as in my last post would do.

Lol never seen someone get so worked up over a 10 second video clip.

#2098 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I personally don't see any reason at all to put yourself out on a limb with the LE. Wait for the premium if anything ... looks to have everything of any significance in the game. The LE will always be worth more than the premium but I have a hard time seeing it maintaining a $1300-$1500 edge.

Hmmm his last LE sure seems to be holding ST value over the premium.

#2108 10 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Yeah i know that's why i deleted the post.
Sorry for that.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

300 "fewer". 800 - 500 = 300 fewer LE's than ST.

Ya cause 300 units world wide is a huge number. If the game kicks ass like his last pin it will hold value. If it goes avengers or TF then ya I can see it dropping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,775 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Zurich, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 63.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=smassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.