lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 10 years ago

Well no LCD so I think Napabar's pkp should go to zero. Based on the pkp and having insider info ratio.

#196 10 years ago

If the dreadnaught falls forward when defeated in the pro version like it does in the premium and Le's I'll just get a pro.

#255 10 years ago

If they did put figures on the playfield they would have to be microscopic to be proportionate to the ship sizes.

#258 10 years ago

If they did put figures on the playfield they would have to be microscopic to be proportionate to the ship sizes.

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Maybe the fire button shoots a ball out of the backward VUK?

Then why is there a fire button on the pro too and no VUK?

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't even know if we can be sure that the pro will have a fire button, despite what is shown in the video.

There are pics of the entire machine of all three versions pro, premium and LE in the other ST thread and the pic of the pro shows it with a fire button. If that is missing from the pro it is premium for me for sure!

#641 10 years ago

I don't know if someone has posted this already, so sorry in advance if they did. This shows all three have fire buttons.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/startrek/index.html

#743 10 years ago

Just talked to someone at Stern. Everything will be revealed tomorrow. Everything will be on their website and all questions will be answered.

#749 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And could you gauge whether there might be a surprise in store? Or just an official "we're crazy and think you WILL pay 8K+ for our incredible game" announcement?

I kept telling him how disappointed I was and there must be more to this game and he said "I can't let the big secret out, I will get a talking to, so you will have to check our website tomorrow. I really would love to tell you but I can't".

I don't know what it means but I'm sure it is not an LCD, he was persistent that Stern was not prepared for an LCD in Star Trek but future games will have them.

#811 10 years ago

I need to see what the difference is between the pro and the premium. If there isn't much difference I will get the pro and keep my nice STTNG too. If the premium is way better I will sell my nice STTNG and get a premium. Either way I am getting one.

#812 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really hate when people bring things like this up ....as if we haven't paid enough already!? $6k+ for GAMES...it's not too much to ask for the GAME part of the $6k+ game to be completed lol

So true I hope Xmen gets a deadpool wizard mode!

#952 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If a guy in his basement can make the Tron arcade mod, which has a mini LCD screen for under $220, I would think a company such as Stern with million dollar budget could do something cool on a pin like ST especially as its the most expensive pin it has ever tried to sell?

I can't wait for that guy in his basement to make some cool mods for Star Trek. I'm in for a premium for sure!

#978 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Dude...you've been crap talking this game this entire thread, at least a dozen times. It's overkill. Please continue to whine about your LCD letdown somewhere else. Just because JJP put one in WOZ doesn't mean every new game that doesn't have one is a turd.
This game has lots of cool features that haven't been done before, and will flow like a champ. I predict all the Debbie Downers will shortly be eating crow.

Man I really like this "NorCalRealtor" guy! He says exactly what I am thinking every time. He's my brother from another mother.

#1109 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Haven't quite given up that there may be a LCD in the apron

Give up hope, trust me!

#1150 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Tron Lacks toys. The LE sells for close to 10k. Still an awesome game. So I don't think we have to worry about Star Trek.

I agree, there is pretty much no toys on Tron pro and no one bitches about it? And Tron is an awesome game even with the lack of toys. So why is everyone so worried about toys on Star Trek? I know people will say to justify the price increase but by that logic new houses should get bigger and more hi tech for all the real estate price increases but instead they get smaller and more cheaply made.

#1188 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Prem/LE vs Pro PF

Is it me or does the pro have different plastics on the slings??

#1192 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No just different color of LED under it.

Ah ok. The premium/LE looks way better. Up here apparently the price difference between the premium and LE is $500, so I'm going LE!

#1197 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Oof. I missed that in the model/feature matrix. There is no USS Enterprise on the Pro version?? So the ONLY element on the entire playfield from the new Star Trek movies at all, is a model of the USS Vengence? Crazy. That qualifies as making this a "Star Trek" pin? So it really is Premium or bust for me I guess.

There is also 9 Star Trek emblems on the playfield.

#1199 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Are you serious? Over here it is a $1400-$1500 difference. Are you all paying a lot more for the Premium or what?

yep. $7,895 for the LE and premium is $500 less than that. But then add 13% sales tax to those figures. WOW.

#1270 10 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

spfxted,
you drew a huge SCHLONG on that pro playfield bro

You see what you want to see I guess.

#1324 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So by standard deduction we can conclude that X-Men sucks.

Wow eggbert52 bashing Xmen in a non Xmen thread again..............how surprising
Moderators can we get him/her and that other troll CraZ4Pin off this thread and somewhere more useful for them like in a bottle of booze so they can bitch about life together.

1 year later
#2164 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yep lot of bashing of the art work going on!

Because the "art work" if you want to even call it that is horrible on stern Star Trek. I actually prefer GOT art work to ST. ST looks like someone ate a big bag of skittles then threw up all over the playfield. Simply dreadful

#2166 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I disagree with you. I don't think the artwork is as bad as you think it is.

The cab and backbox art is pretty cool on the premium and LE models but the playfield, oh man

#2179 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why did you buy a pro if it was so terrible?

Probably the same reason most people did. I LOVE the Star Trek theme certainly not because of the beautiful playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 85.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.