lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#541 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

After reading through almost 700 post on the forum about the new Star Trek, one thing is clear, most of us are disappointed on what Stern released with a exception of a few people . The one person that we can point a finger to that is responsible for making us feel this way is not Gary Stern..., it is Jack.

Jack Guarnieri at Jersey Jack Pinball is responsible for our disappointment with Star Trek.

My disappointment is more from the color scheme and similarity to TNG. I haven't even seen a WOZ yet (might later this month). Maybe your and others opinions are colored by what JJP has done, but I am not sure that applies to the entire collecting pinball community.

#1762 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

We'll just have to disagree politely on this point. I don't like having to plunk down thousands of dollars based on a few pictures. I think that is asking too much of consumers. Of course, the gamble might well pay off. I don't dispute that. I am also a Steve Ritchie fan and hope the pin is all it's cracked up to be. Still, I think Stern owes its customers more information on the front end, especially if the decision to buy an LE--necessarily made in haste--is final. I don't think this is a reasonable way of doing business, but others are welcome to disagree. Obviously, it seems to be working for Stern, so I don't expect them to change.

Not sure why Stern is getting the blame here. From a marketing standpoint, Stern has announced the machine, and will be providing more details later. This is seems to be pretty standard marketing tactics for all sorts of industries. How is it Stern's fault that their product will be sold out before they release more information?

They aren't the ones asking for deposits from the customers. They aren't the ones giving a limited window to decide. That is driven by the distributors, and the distributors are doing it to mitigate their own risk, and drive up the hype/gotta have it mentality, which from their perspective is a perfectly reasonable way to do business.

1 year later
#2194 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

A pin that doesn't have art as its primary focus can never be a collectible. Even Congo, a game initially derided for its theme (a bad movie) had fantastic art. Buy bad art at your own peril.

If you collect pins for art, then sure. I like pins for theme and gameplay. Art is nice but takes a backseat to the other two. Could be the most beautiful pin in the world, I will go look at one and "ooh aah", but would never add it to my collection if the gameplay sucked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.