lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider napabar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 10 years ago

That ship in the middle of the playfield isn't the Enterprise, it's the Dreadnaught class ship that Robocop built from Into Darkness.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well no LCD so I think Napabar's pkp should go to zero. Based on the pkp and having insider info ratio.

Never said I had insider info.

#210 10 years ago

Well no LCD so I think Napabar's pkp should go to zero. Based on the pkp and having insider info ratio.

#215 10 years ago

#389 10 years ago

The ship in the middle of the playfield is the USS Vengeance (Dreadnought-class).

#392 10 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

The Killerprise lol. I'm probably alone in this but thought the second movie blew. I'm such a Trek freak also.

You're not alone. I've heard a lot of Trekkies didn't like it. However, all of my Trekkie friends and myself enjoyed it. It's polarizing to be sure.

#394 10 years ago

Since there are no cannons, I wonder if the fire button shoots pinballs out of the drain in between the flippers. Maybe only during some combat mode.

#553 10 years ago

Maybe the fire button shoots a ball out of the backward VUK?

#616 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Don't think so, according to the pictures the pro has a fire button also, but no VUK, just a scoop

The mystery deepens.....

#619 10 years ago

Would it be possible to have an (immobile) cannon next to the drain (hidden from view), and the fire button shoots the ball between the flippers and onto the playfield during a combat mode?

#1085 10 years ago

Perhaps the laser star field isn't projected in the game, but from the game. Maybe it illuminates the ceiling, or the floor, causing stars to fill up your game room during certain modes. Could be turned off, of course, in the settings.

#1091 10 years ago

It could easily be inside the coffin with a small hole in the bottom, spraying out the stars all around the floor during certain modes.

Alternatively, it could be in the top of the machine, above the CPU boards and shining through a hole in the top, illuminating the ceiling with stars.

#1098 10 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

Attached a a Full list of feature differences in the 3 models so there is no more speculation.

Vid already posted this earlier in the thread.

#1100 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Nah, I don't think so. I think the reason for intentionally leaving the middle of the playfield area bland (basically just red) is specifically so that the "laser" projection stands out.

Wouldn't the playfield have been more black, to make white stars stand out?

#1110 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Be cool but I think with them terming it "Animated PLAYFIELD Laser" it has something to do with the playfield or in the game.

It would be animated either on the floor or the playfield. We'll see, very curious though!

#1112 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Gotta agree with this. You can buy RG 'laser' gizmos for $50 on ebay that projects imagines on the ceiling..wall..etc.
If that's truly the 'toy' it's kinda disappointing. The 'King' seems to be stuck in the 90s
And if it's truly a LED projector..and they are marketing it as a 'Laser' I would have a SERIOUS issue with that also.
8K on standby for the next game...

A device just rotating stars is boring, but if it's integrated into the modes well, it has the potential to be very cool.

#1142 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

so does the magnet under the ship fling the balls back at you?

Stern's feature sheets says:

"USS Vengeance" Disintegrator, Super-Speed Ball Kicker Protects Ship & Fires Balls"

I'm guessing the magnet can't give "Super-Speed" kicking it back out. Probably just locks the ball/balls.

#1152 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Secret inside info: The raptor from JP is actually piloting the ship.

I thought it was Robocop.

#1154 10 years ago

He should be on the backglass too. Was in charge of the USS Vengeance longer than Khan.

img_7763.jpgimg_7763.jpg

#1221 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm probably a little slow here and everyone else on Pinside already figured this out a ways back but, it look like the lasers come from the Vengeance. That is how its shooting back at you. From those two red dots behind it. It just hit me finally.

I see what you're talking about in the side-by-side picture above, but when I watch the video of the Premium/LE (asteroids in the shot) I don't see that "snakes-eyes" mech. Watch the video at the 45 second mark. It's not there. But it is on the pics above (circled behind the USS Vengeance).

Weird.

#1336 10 years ago

10K Federation credits by Christmas?

#1340 10 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Any new big time info buddy?

I hear JJP will have an LCD on the Hobbit.

#1387 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

There was another thread where someone talked to Stern and they had not yet filmed or plan to film any game play footage any time soon. As with every stern released, you will see game play footage from cell phones before stern releases something. Supposedly the Pros will start shipping on the 23rd or at least that is what others have been saying.

Stern had a post on Facebook several weeks ago with a picture of Steve Ritchie standing by the end of an unseen Pin. The caption was something like "Steve making a video talking about his new Pin."

#1397 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

talking about it and gameplay footage are two different things. i don't think you will see a Lyman Sheets playing ST video anytime soon.

Looked to be no different from Stern's other early videos of the designer talking about their games...and yes those videos included footage of the game.

#1478 10 years ago

On Stern's sheet it says the button selects missions, fires photons and phasers.

#1497 10 years ago

I remember getting an Avengers video with Gomey pretty fast after the pics were released.

#1519 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

What looks pretty cool to me is what appears to be the virtual lock under the ship. I'm guessing that shoots the balls out somehow? Will be interesting to see how that is integrated in the game.

It definately shoots balls. Off of Stern's PDF:

"USS Vengeance" Disintegrator, Super-Speed Ball Kicker Protects Ship & Fires Balls

#1521 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My only thought on this would be that the front of the ship is a separate piece for some reason. It either moves, or is a bash target of some sort.

Maybe it opens up, and you can still shoot balls into the lock while it's down.

#1531 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

you are not alone, i like the artwork too, it really pops out.

#1691 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

First, it may be against Stern policy for distributors to take desposits on "unannounced" titles, but it's not "illegal" to the best of my knowledge. Second, I think what we people ultimately wanted and were expecting was for Stern to finally UP THE QUALITY of their games to JUSTIFY the higher LE price. Instead they just raised prices to competitor levels (and then some!) without offering more in the way of the game. Give me a break if you think this "starfield projector" is going to replace an LCD, more toys, a topper, direct-printed/clearcoated cabinet, etc. etc. etc.
Plus, WORST INCORPORATED THEME EVER. And yes, I do believe this is one statement I can make just looking at the playfield and without playing it.

Worst incorporated theme ever? Smoking the crack again?

#1700 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You're right. Just 2 ships (one, just a toy ship that does nothing) sums up these 2 movies well.
OH, and don't forget about those 9 Starfleet emblem shaped inserts!

Thanks for taking the lightning rod away from me and holding it for a while......

#1803 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just watched Into Darkness for the first time. Now I really don't understand how people think the theme isn't integrated, or how the artwork doesn't match.
The pictures of even the pro lit up look like something straight out of the movie.
I can just imagine the battle between the vengeance and the enterprise during warp, with the warp simulating "laser" show. Got the vengeance firing balls back at you. She crashes and you have to battle Khan.

Except that Admiral Marcus was in charge of the Vengeance when they were batting during warp. Kirk and Khan had to work together to get the ship away from him.

LOL!

That being said, I'm sure the game will simplify the plot in the matter you described.

#1895 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I think you're onto something there! Nice find.

I noticed those too last week. I assumed they are flashers....for effect when fighting the Vengeance.

#1920 10 years ago

I think you guys are onto what it basically is. Here is a link to an item from ebay of a cheap unit that probably does not rotate...but obviously it would not take much to modify it for rotation. It sure is cheap enough. I could not get the picture to copy to post it.
Ebay link

Interesting...

side_by_side.jpgside_by_side.jpg

#1949 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Well there was a guy on another forum that got a great shot of the rear of the asteroid and posted it next to a flasher. It's a flasher. Oh well. I think others here who have speculated that the laser is located under the apron are probably right. This would jive with why the middle of the playfield is kept so open - in order to provide no obstructions from one end of the board to the other,
Murph

I've seen it, and I tend to agree. I just found the earlier poster's link to this item on ebay, and found it to be a little similar.....

#1950 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Looks like a puny incandescent bulb to me. No lasers that I can see.

It's a starfield projector, from a link the person I quoted had posted earlier. Back track and you'll find the link.

#1976 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Here is the photo from the ebay ad. You see lasers here?

Dude, relax. Just posted the side-by-side pic because an earlier poster made me curious.

#1988 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Here's the high rez version. You can see where they attached this to the inside of the cab. Cool.
http://www.pinplay.com/photos/original/pp000078_YNT5KljI4XBzJWo.jpg
Should be animated like they say. I'm hoping it's tied into game play, otherwise it would be a distraction to have it going off at fixed intervals.

The box that the Vengeance and spring sit on looks different in these hi-res photos of the pro vs. premium/LE. Looks like a door is sprung up on the Premium/LE, while the Pro just looks very different, I.E. not the door being in the down position.

#2006 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Prem/LE has an open front cuz the ship's mech allows it to fall forward when it crashes. The Pro doesn't have that mech, so it just has a plastic screwed into the front. It's not a door.

But all 3 models are supposed to have the Vengeance shoot balls back at you. I assumed that was from inside the box. A magnet release doesn't seem to meet the description of:

"USS Vengeance" Disintegrator, Super-Speed Ball Kicker Protects Ship & Fires Balls

#2050 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think they literally shoot out of the Vengeance...Sterns playfields dimple enough! I'm guessing the lane under the ship feeds to a Megatron-ish ball lock/VUK. That's where the balls will lock/shoot. I imagine that mech will be the same on the Pro (on or below playfield) and its the ship's movement mechs that will differ between the versions.

Right, the the Megatron-ish ball lock/VUK has to be the box! Where else could it be? So why do they look different between Pro and Premium/LE?

#2099 10 years ago

Steve finds your lack of faith....disturbing.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2115 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

This being posted from Napabar... I'm guessing that's not even the real Steve Ritchie.
: P
(This is a StarTrek thread so you're still going to take some lumps!)

Steve wanted an 80", 3-D, 4K LCD, but Gary nixed it. Something about cost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider napabar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=napabar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.