lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 10 years ago

The sparkle spinner is back

Anyone get a feature list yet?

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It's AC/DC, SM and STTNG munged together.

yep, my thoughts also "Feature list please" honestly I think it looks great and with good code this game would play fantastic, but was expecting a bit more.

Is there a kickback on the left outlane?

#109 10 years ago

some ST piX

ST01.jpgST01.jpg ST02.jpgST02.jpg ST03.jpgST03.jpg

#111 10 years ago

More Pix

ST04.jpgST04.jpg ST05.jpgST05.jpg ST06.jpgST06.jpg

#113 10 years ago

More

ST07.jpgST07.jpg ST08.jpgST08.jpg ST09.jpgST09.jpg

#117 10 years ago

Couple more

ST010.jpgST010.jpg ST011.jpgST011.jpg ST012.jpgST012.jpg

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Here's to hoping it won't be $8k.

I just don't see anything to warrant this price from what I have seen so far. I was SO looking forward to this game, but so far I need to see a bit more. I need to see it in action, I don't think this game is going to be as bonkers with the distributors as we think. Not like Metallica.

I also really want to know what the dreadnaught toy does and how its all integrated.

The art package is a bit............. Bla Especially after Metallica's PF art.

Again its a SR game and it wont disappoint, but I did expect a bit more.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

The PF was really bugging me, so I spent literally less than 10 minutes tweaking the color palette to what I was imagining before it was released.

I will take an "aingide LE" how much are these going for now 20K?

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

750 being made.

What are the #'s how many they making? seems like way to many to make it collectible

#462 10 years ago

Some thoughts on rules and modes.

When a game is started players can pick their mission from the predefined 6 missions in the center triangle. Complete these 3 in a row for 3 mini-wizard modes. Other modes are played up the triangle inserts and are started in progression from bottom to top. When the entire row is complete the final wizard mode is played. Maybe the order of missions up the triangle inserts is random to mix it up? Odd there is no text on the inserts there.

Top larger target near the pops to the right of the drop target looks like mystery target. I bet the red targets light mystery.

Spell TREK to light the "Rescue" kick back

Curious how the away team shot works? really like that area of the playfield

I am sure "Beam Me Up" is just the old 2X bonus

Would like to see many skill shot options and some that are specific to a mode the player chooses.
Of course we will have a venom skill shot but that is ok looks like a fun shot.

I am sure the 18 modes are picked from scenes in both films so lots of cool creative modes are possible.

This is going to be a shooters game with some major flow and combos.

Other thoughts on rules?

#493 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Removed pricing info. Too many different numbers floating around right now.

Paying over 8k for this LE is nuts. I just don't see enough to warrant that price or........ Like people are hoping some more amazing info will be revealed soon. What kind of prices are people getting on these games?

#550 10 years ago

As others have mentioned are we missing something? Is more to be revealed? Really interested to see the feature list and if there's anymore meat to this title. We will know soon.

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Tanio's first game so who knows

Tanio is a very talented programmer and he loves gameplay and pins. He is a fantastic addition to the Stern team. Anyone that went to CAX in 2012 remember the animatronic chuck-E-cheese set-up, that was him also.

Here is some of his work he did in the Bay Area, some of you may have had the chance to play this @ the Luck JuJu --> http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95753-Metallica-Pinball-The-Tale-of-a-Custom-Built-Table

#630 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Still, there is so much that goes into making a really good ruleset.

There is so much that goes into any development cycle for pins, games anything really. Pinball dev time is VERY short and I think the teams do great with the time given. As a designer it’s frustrating when you release something and everyone bashes on it. You know behind the scenes there are many things at play that we the consumer don’t know about.

The designers and programmers want the same thing we do “a great packaged game that is fun and entertaining”. They also want it to be cheap as they want the game played by the widest variety of players.

I am sure Stern and everyone involved with these products reads these forums and is like……… I know, I know I wish I could just tell you (consumer) why it’s like that.

When I am designing games it drives me nuts when I get some feature or item shoved down my throat to cram into my designs. As an example from my experience --> I had to incorporate six-axis motion controls in my past PS3/Vita game, I did not want to add this feature . . . but had to incorporate it. I had to sit there and read the forums with people bashing on this addition and could not comment on it.

Art aesthetics and brand direction is another big ticket item that will slow down the process. The ST Playfield art package I am not in love with, but I am sure there is some reason it’s like this. I can see comments like ……… “If you’re going to have any characters on the playfield they need to look like this and hands over same old art used 5000000000 times for the films” (Avengers PF art is a good Xample of this)

So again everyone designer and programmer want the best game!!!!! But as always there are forces under the hood that drive some of the choices that get made.

I am also very curious how the rules and code is written since iteration time between code updates seems long, but again I don’t know what’s under the hood that takes so long? Would love to see some chunks of code examples from some of Sterns latest games : ) Here is an area that workflow needs to move faster @ stern.

Anyway just my 2 cents from my XP, the thing that drives me nuts with this game is a BIG price hike and nothing to support the price increase.

#648 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

color changing LED's

PLEASE use color changing LEDS on all inserts!!!!

#653 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No way they'll do all...most likely the Star Fleet "arrow" inserts

If the insert is white is has the possibility for color changing "like spiders in MET"

So yep your right it wont be in all inserts wondering how the rest of the GI color changing will be handled. Hope they are heavy on lighting and spots. Was nice to see the added bulbs in the inlanes and slings for MET.

#679 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

official announcement at midnight tonight along with pricing

I will be refreshing my mail box @ midnight............... that is when all the e-mails and info will be going out. ST Email blasts here we come!

#698 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

$8795 according to my local distributor.

Most places are selling these @ 7700 plus shipping. who the hell is going to pay 8795?? I think that is the sky mall or brookstone price

#946 10 years ago

I am happy with the press release no LCD whatever features seem cool and happy with the amount of detail in lighting. This game is going to be really great I can feel it.

Does the LED from the ship on the side of the machine also light inside the cab? that looks cool.

I am in on this game and congrats to the team be proud Steve and Crew.

#1247 10 years ago

The Outlanes on this game look Brutal. . . Where is my extended metal pinbits extended plate

#1260 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

audio for pressing the flipper buttons during attract mode....

We can only hope.......... This seems like a technical mystery unless its a Lyman game. Avengers and Xmen I am looking @ you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 25.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=mummite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.