lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Or TRON LE, or TFLE, or XMLE, or AVLE...

Interestingly the overall reaction seems similar to what followed the initial unveiling of AC/DC.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree, but that was mostly due to the "face" on the pro. BIB LE looked bad ass from day 1, even though the actual artwork isn't great.

Yep. "The face" was a big criticism. But so was calling it a T2 clone.

I have no idea how Star Trek will turn out. Just having a bit of deja-vu.

#1649 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I'm just trying to make a point, give us the info to make an informed decision, especially with competition, the new price point and the increased supply......it seems to me its a display of arrogance, I don't know.....

I see what you're saying. But didn't you buy in for The Hobbit under the same set of circumstances? Price increase. LE made in greater supply. And no info to make an informed decision.

Did you consider that arrogant as well?

#1662 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I bought into Hobbit as well, despite my generally cautious attitude, primarily because I felt I wasn't just buying a new pin, but helping cultivate a new manufacturer, which I felt, and feel, could pay dividends beyond an individual pin, in provoking both Stern and JJP to aim higher.

I'm a potential customer for both. Love both themes. And though I'm probably leaning Hobbit, I haven't seen enough of either to commit yet. But I wouldn't fault anyone for jumping in on either. They both look good to me so far.

I just don't think it's fair to call one company "arrogant" and give the other a pass for essentially the same business practices. They're both just responding to the market.

#1726 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I guess you don't see my point, with TH you have a choice, OPTION 1 = Payment plan, OPTION 2 = Wait until the pin is developing/played to decide whether or not to buy.

Oh, so that's your point?

I'm not sure how the payment plan affects this particular argument but you certainly have OPTION 2 with Star Trek. One could buy a premium or pro at a much later date at price points lower than anything JJP offers. And if we're talking about LEs exclusively, isn't Hobbit LE almost sold out? That means to get one you may have to commit before even seeing a completed playfield pic. Less info than what you're getting with ST. And we won't get into "if you don't commit by the end of the month the price is going up."

For the record I have no problem with how JJP does business. I'm excited for The Hobbit and like I said in an earlier post, I'm leaning towards getting one. Just pointing out that there's not that much difference with how the two companies sell LEs. They're both pressuring us to drop a lot of coin with very little upfront info.

#1727 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Moreover, the prepayment is fully refundable up to the moment when shipment occurs.

I agree that this is the difference between the two. And yes, it's a big difference.

#1734 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is my point exactly! I don't want OPTION 2 with Star Trek, I want it now......but my common sense tells me to go that way.........

I'm weighing all the pro's and cons, I have no doubt its going to be great, that's why I pre-ordered, I honestly didn't realize we wouldn't get at least some video of the features before we commit to buying a pin that has increased $700 and the supply has gone to 799..I guess that's too much to ask and I'll have to decide on the way Stern does its option 1 and option 2....

I don't think I understood where you were coming from before. Now I do. This is why I don't own any LEs from any company. I just can't bring myself to jump in until I have all the info. Unfortunately others are far more eager and they sell out before I can make a decision.

#1746 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are much wiser in playing it first and waiting for all the info.

Overall I feel that's the wiser choice. But every once in a while you get a Tron LE, BIBLE, or WOZ that that end up being great buys if you jumped in at the beginning.

But as long as there's a premium or standard option with all the gameplay I don't complain about the LEs.

#2011 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm probably in the minority, but I hate the light show on WoZ. It's fine for attract mode, but it sucks for seeing where your ball is at all times. I'll just say that I hope Stern is smarter about part selection, and doesn't use highly directional LEDs for the GI.

If the LED lighting on AC/DC is any indication you have nothing to worry about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=krupa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.