lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

NICE!!!!!!! In for more details!!!!

#544 10 years ago

Beautiful... can't wait to play.

pp000070_jsQCkOCOpk1jawi.jpgpp000070_jsQCkOCOpk1jawi.jpg

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Can't wait to see the price point on the ST LE.

$8795 according to my local distributor.

#711 10 years ago

Now I'm not sure if it will be $8795 or $8195 or whichever...

There will be an official press release from Stern soon with high res pics, feature list, detailed info pricing and more. Hearing that will be very soon.

What I will say is that Medieval Madness is a $13,000+ game and they made over 4,000 of those.

Do you doubt Stern will find $750 LE buyers at $8000+?

I don't.

Eager to play it. Steve Ritchie does not disappoint!

#744 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Bakushan is correct,
Our local DFW Dist. quoted me $8795 this AM, maybe that's MSRP

Thank you for confirming. Based on some of these comments I thought I would be lynched for passing on what was told to me! LOL

#827 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

I just got this from my local Stern Dealer

Your local Stern dealer broke his embargo.

#906 10 years ago

I wanna know where they hid the laser projector...

This could actually explain the coloring/lack of people on the playfield. The lasers might interact with it in some way that it needed to look/be colored the exact way it is to achieve the illusion...

Seems like the official press-release/photos are imminent.... perhaps less than 1 hour from now. Lets wait up and see.

Also interesting to note, for the first time ever, all 3 stern models have LED's. I am sure operators will appreciate that upgrade.

#912 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

There is pictures of the pro on their website:
http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/star-trek.aspx

I have been hitting that URL all night waiting for it to refresh...

#927 10 years ago

"

Inspired by the Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness films, the newest Stern machine puts players in Captain James Kirk’s chair of the U.S.S. Enterprise, embarking on a journey to protect and defend the planets of the Federation.

Stern’s Star Trek pinball machine features all the bells and whistles a Star Trek fan would desire. With adrenalin-filled battles, high-definition artwork, cosmic LED lighting and classic musical scores, the Star Trek game will evoke the sensation of flying through space at Warp Speed to rescue Spock and defeat the U.S.S. Vengeance. The newest game from Stern includes an animated battleship, three lightning fast ramps, three flippers, resettable memory drop targets and much more.

Star Trek is Stern’s first all-LED Pro Model. The playfield features seven multicolored LED paths that lead gamers on easy-to-understand color-coded routes. There are six missions for casual players matched by 18 complex treks to immerse enthusiast players deeper in the game. As players attack an oncoming threat with three action-centered flippers, the all-LED playfield will captivate onlookers and enhance the player experience with features like phaser flashes and photon torpedoes.

Players will instinctively know exactly what to do when they approach Star Trek pinball – destroy the U.S.S. Vengeance, a key action-packed feature on the playing field. From the very start, players will have the chance to unlock special opportunities, collect tantalizing bonus features and win a series of accolades called The Captain’s Chair. Star Trek aficionados can expect the classic battle between the heroic Enterprise team and the villainous Khan as well as run-ins with Nero, Klingons and the Narada."

#929 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

Was on the Stern Site anyways

None of it matters now, no biggie. Cheers.

#938 10 years ago

Still wanting pics of this baby in action on the playfield... lets see it! (I really am excited).

BL15.jpgBL15.jpg best-11.jpgbest-11.jpg

#944 10 years ago

Check out the red LED strip on the left side of the cab... that's not shown in an other photos...

#964 10 years ago

Confirmed dealer MSRP prices.

Pro Version: $5,395
Premium Version: $7,495
Limited Edition Version: $8,795

#968 10 years ago

Good lord. I'd love to own one one day, but not unless I hit a small lottery or sell almost every pin have. That's nuts.

I know people who dont scoff at MB for $11,000 or MM for $13,000+.

I have seen people pay more than this LE price for something 15+ years old. Repeaditily.

I know people who buy a $12,000 Jet-Ski and run it twice all summer... and then let it sit.

We sell people $10,000 DD2 100mph Shifter Go-Karts all the time. Most of the customers... ride a few times and leave it on the shelf... collecting dust.

There is a customer out there (As JJP and others) has shown, who will pay big cash for a pin that they want. If Stern sells all 750 LE's... and I think they will... this will only reinforce their belief that this was a smart business move... and it would have been.

As many of us here on pinside that there is... there are others... vast amounts of others... who just want to pay for something nice. Pinside makes up a small percentage of the pin buyers market.

You think this guy cares about $8795?

DSCF0419.JPGDSCF0419.JPG

#972 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Already got the price email from my distributor .Prices includes residential lift gate delivery to your curb anywhere in the continental USA.
That's a lot of dough for no LCD.
Star Trek LE $7895.00
Star Trek Prem $6500.00
Star Trek Pro $4800.00
Wonder when we will see some video of the game in play?

Your dealer sounds pretty cool.

#1037 10 years ago

Eagerly awaiting....

laserstar.jpglaserstar.jpg

#1065 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks like the projector may be in the area directly under the ship as there is a ruby lens about 1x1 from the looks of it.

Sounds awesome.

Will be pretty powerful to be seen without the use of fog/smoke...

In any case its exciting all around. Cant wait to play one of see some HD play video.

#1092 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Perhaps the laser star field isn't projected in the game, but from the game. Maybe it illuminates the ceiling, or the floor, causing stars to fill up your game room during certain modes. Could be turned off, of course, in the settings.

Mind Blown.

#1096 10 years ago

Animated Playfield Laser Starfield Projector

Must....see.....video....demonstration....

#1101 10 years ago

So your playing.... BAM the Animated Playfield Laser Starfield Projector initiates.... the GI dims... the lasers hit... the music is booming and your warp core shaker is going. Its a full blown nerdpocaplyse in your game room...

And then... then one of the balls catches a lazer beam... reflects it off its shiny polished surface...

And info your face.

Blind for life. Game over.

laser_eyes2.jpglaser_eyes2.jpg

#1111 10 years ago

My local distributor said for all he knows he could get a shipment of these arrive in the next 7 days. If thats the case... rock on. Can't wait to play. I always try before I buy anyways. Game play and fun factor are always what sell me on any pin.

I played TAXI once... fell in love. After that, I was determined to find a TAXI for my collection. I feel the same way with Fish Tales, Road Show, Funhouse, Metallic Premium and others. I played them... now I want them.

So... I cant wait to play... to see if one will come my way.... so they say....

Down by the bay. lol

#1121 10 years ago

So I scanned that QR code with my phone...

This is what I got.

#1134 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Stern is shelling out money for a big reveal at Expo, why would they ruin it before hand?

Because they would like to sell pinball machines before the Expo? LOL.

There is no way in the world anything can be ruined by people seeing something awesome and willingly choosing to give the financial value of a used volvo to someone on the phone to get one if their own. And they will.

A single gameplay video of this thing could set phone calls off the hooks at distributors world wide with 100% up front credit card payments. And I bet the video will come... soon. Like today.

#1140 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So you are saying that if you had a new wrap/paint job put on your monster camaro, and rented out a track to do a big unveil, that you wouldn't try to hide it until then?

Im a little scared/shocked that you know who I am and what I own...

Not that I hide it but still.

Yes, you are correct. My camaro IS actually getting a new wrap and it's totally secret... being unveiled online and at a private event at the same time in the future. Increases the impact and virality of it.

So you are saying that Stern has paid money for special space/time/exposure at the Expo to reveal something not yet known to us? Thats actually very cool and exciting... since I am going to Expo and all. I also agree that this is the worlds greatest event to "reveal" something, as its the largest culmination of industry people under one roof. I guess my confusion is:

-Video was released
-24 Hours Later High Res images and feature matrix was released
-Stern advertising "buy now" and distributors taking orders/selling on sites (now)

If they weren't for sale yet... oh yes... I would advise holding back the grand jalopy for the big time and pulling the sheet off the deal and everything. Get the actors from the movie to come in and do it in character... make a big deal out of it...

But they are for sale. Now. When you compare the photos to the matrix feature sheet, the only thing we cant really see or explain is:

-Ship Crash Sequence (what does it look like)
-Sounds
-Lights
-The Playfield Laser Starfield projector

So unless there is a feature that is not even on the matrix sheet at ALL, I dont know what they might be holding back.

From what I am hearing, dealers will be getting shipments of at least the PRO units weeks before EXPO kicks off anyways, so any secrets in the box will certainly be revealed by the people unboxing it... if Stern chooses for some reason to wait themselves.

Anyways, I am very excited about all of this and think this is a beautiful pinball machine. The lack of details is equally fueling order canceling (bad) and lots of hype/speculation/discussion/conversation (very, very, very good). You can't buy this kind of publicity right now. A thread with over 1000 comments in under 24 hours is the best thing the marketing and social media guys at Stern could hope for right now.

I just hope they keep up the timing of image/video/data releases. So far its been a wild and exciting ride.

#1176 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Haha, why are you shocked? You posted a bunch about yourself in your pinball party thread including a link to your facebook page. We even had a conversation about your name-sake sandwich........

I forgot!

#1293 10 years ago

LASER STARFIELD PLAYFIELD PROJECTOR!!!!

#1302 10 years ago

When this pinball machine projects the Milky Way galaxy into your game room the same way that R2D2 projected a holographic image of Princess Leia in Star Wars, I think that a lot of the haters will shut up and plunk down their credit cards. None of this matters except for one thing. Laser Starfield Playfield projector!!!

#1365 10 years ago

Ads. Looks like the sides of the head on the LE light up...

StarTrekPro_WEB_BANNER.jpegStarTrekPro_WEB_BANNER.jpeg StarTrekPREM_web_banner.jpegStarTrekPREM_web_banner.jpeg StarTrekLE_web_banner.jpegStarTrekLE_web_banner.jpeg

#1406 10 years ago

I keep refreshing this thread.... looking for the video... or the pictures... of the never before seen or witnessed epic of epics... the life changer... the deal maker... the mentioned but secret Laser Starfield Playfield Projector.

I have no doubt at all that this game will look and play great. Im not here to bash Stern, Steve or anyone else. I am just thankful anyone still makes pinball games to begin with.

I am though, very... very excited.... even if I just see it... to see this next-era-game-changing Premium/LE feature...

And I will admit... the lack of substantial facts just makes me make my own up... in my head... and that might be setting myself up for huge disappointment. Until I am proven otherwise... here is what I envision coming out of the apron and onto the playfield.

laser-beams.jpglaser-beams.jpg

#1587 10 years ago

128 new comments since I last checked in.

Still no pictures or video of the laser starfield playfield projector...

Will refresh later.

#1862 10 years ago

So....

Now we have confirmed proof that the "general public" has seen and touched this pin, even getting cell phone pictures.

No video.

There is still no video.

There is still not a single video.

I want to see the animations... the lighting... the ship movement... the sound... the DMD graphics... and... the most important line item ever added to a pinball machine... LASER STARFIELD PLAYFIELD PROJECTOR... obviously a feature so amazing... so secretive... so mind blowing and game changing... that they are going to wait until the EXPO to reveal it!

Right?

right?

Guys?

Guys?

I dont care about the price, the amount of LE's, similarities to other pins or much else. I just wanna see it... hear it... feel it... and PLAY IT. I am excited about this beautiful machine.

For the love of wikileaks can we get a video please. Can someone take the STERN TOUR tomorrow and bust out an iPhone... please. Thanks.

#1959 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I hope you can mod the PRO to add the starfield projector....

You have never even seen it and you already want it!! Haha.

I like your style!

#1961 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Trust me guys you will want it

Have you seen it?

#1973 10 years ago

All I can say is... I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE EXPO!!!!!!!!

excited.jpgexcited.jpg

#2066 10 years ago

So the first ever known video of a STAR TREK has been posted to Sterns facebook page today.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

And its obviously... purposely...deliberately... tantalizingly... vague.

They are in on the joke alright... they are in on the joke.

#2132 10 years ago

So this... this is the first ever video of a star trek pro?

#2154 10 years ago

Have any more HD videos surfaced?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.