lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#378 10 years ago

Lyman seems to have his hands full with MET.

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Where are the mechanical toys / features to justify the price?

There has to be more than we've seen or is apparent to us. It was one thing for Stern to cut back on machines when they were almost out of business, but they're coming off a banner year, so their machines should be on-par or better than what they've been doing. That space ship has to do something for sure.

#530 10 years ago

I think the tilted DMD is for nothing more than anti-glare. The idea that it is for future LCD is wishful thinking, just like all the wishful thinking about how ST was going to have LCD in the first place.

#590 10 years ago

The more I study the pics, the more I like what I see. Can't wait for more info.

#870 10 years ago

Over 60 Controlled Tri-Color LEDs on Playfield with Clear Inserts

That is a HUGE step up from ACDC.... this will be an immense light show.

I'm really into lights, the lighting sounds really awesome. yeah yeah I know WOZ is out there, but WOZ does not get me excited... I think this game will kick ass.

#911 10 years ago

I've said many times before that playfield lighting is possibly a bigger upgrade than LCD since the player actually sees it while playing. I had been envious of the WOZ videos. I'm in for trek!

#1018 10 years ago

I suspect the lasers are nothing more than little dots around the playfield, like a disco ball. I've seen similar effects from cheap pen lasers, and that is probably what it is. THAT IS OK. I just want to set expectations that we aren't going to get a rock laser show.

The real money is the color-changing inserts. That will be the big one.

#1031 10 years ago

There's something about the front of the saucer, I wonder if the ship stays down for long periods and blocks the opening.

#1048 10 years ago

They talk about the game making you feel like flying through space. So I'm guessing at times the game goes dark and the little dots fly across the playfield.

#1049 10 years ago

The LE is like a Premium+ since it isn't so limited. I don't hold anything against Stern for doing this, they are here to make money. The market will decide whether there's enough value.

I personally wouldn't mind an LE.

#1055 10 years ago

Alex, I'm glad you are back too, but I'd suggest you stay in the helpful woz threads, cause this is petty.

#1095 10 years ago

Since there will be some sort of laser effect, I think it WOULD be easy to hitch a mod to it, to trigger at the same time, and give you that crazy discoball effect in your room.

#1103 10 years ago

I think we need to temper the laser show expectations. For all the reasons given, about safety and regulations, I think this will be "neat" but underwhelming.

#1144 10 years ago

Machines will be arriving on the street weeks before expo. I don't think there will be anything left to reveal that we don't know by then.

#1153 10 years ago

It's a free market. Stern (or anyone else) can ask for whatever they want, we decide if we want to pay it. For me, "fun factor" trumps everything else. So if Stern delivered high on that metric, then they have given me value for my money.

#1156 10 years ago

I'm predicting a "voice of the computer" like Tron, combined with movie samples.

#1395 10 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

AC/DC is the biggest selling Stern, I doubt he's bothered about Metallica LE's selling out quicker than the AC/DC LE's

METLE sold as well as it did BECAUSE of ac/dc and how the LEs went up in value.

#1409 10 years ago

i'm an STLE buyer, but I know not to expect much from that laser. It will be probably less than a pen laser, some dots on the playfield.

#1411 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

"RGB LEDs for the general illumination"

Thats like on Avengers. Standard leds, but in R, G, and B's across the playfield that can be turned on and off to change PF coloring.

#1591 10 years ago

I went with LE. I have a problem and can admit it .

#1594 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

If you are happy, you don't have a problem. A new pin should make you happy.

Thanks. It will. This is such a crazy hobby. It's the only thing in my adult life that makes me feel like a kid at Christmas.

#1704 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

For every 1 person excited about this pin there are 10 who are really upset right now

uh, I think you're mistaking your incessant crying about it to excited posts.

#1736 10 years ago

I look forward to buying a hobbit in a year & a half, in the meantime I'll be playing the hell out of my ST.

#1761 10 years ago

I dont see the LE selling out at all. Higher price and many more produced means they will be plentiful. no one needs to sweat it.

#1781 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I honestly do not expect the laser starfield projector to be anything more advanced than what is shown in that second video, so if that's what it is, I'm not going to be surprised or disappointed.

in all seriousness, what more could it possibly be?

I also don't know how the effect will outperform 60 color changing leds, that is the real light show.

#1845 10 years ago

The rocks ARE housing big LEDs... like flashers. Some sort of effect for the ship.

#1955 10 years ago

The ship will probably light up like Sparky when it crashes.

I'm REALLY excited about the light show. Arguably that is one of the best developments in pinball, and Stern has been pushing things along with lights for a while. Star Trek is a big step up for them though, and the added bonus of having a nice and bright GI with spotlights .

#2127 10 years ago

that sounds like the "voice of the computer".

1 year later
#2169 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

MSRP of the pro went from 5,395 (taken from first post) to 5,995 on their website in a year

Star Trek was 2 years ago. and 5 or 6 titles later, each one creeps 100-200.

#2189 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Only 8 pages long! Compare that to what we've seen with GOT, and even this thread (ST).

To be fair, Pinside is a lot bigger than it was 2 years ago when ST came out, and definitely when ac/dc came out before that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.