lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flecom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 10 years ago

I'm underwhelmed... SRP spent all that time for what? to make a standard body ST:TNG?

#429 10 years ago

No way there are going to put lasers into a pinball machine, the paperwork with the FDA/CDRH is a nightmare and it would require all sorts of interlocks and safety stuff.

#962 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Creation of a product even for recreational use that employs lasers (even novelty laser pointers) is heavily regulated and must receive federal sign off before being produced. Interesting to see what additional certification the machine has which must be displayed.
http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/HomeBusinessandEntertainment/LaserProductsandInstruments/default.htm
Working on hardware (blu-ray and various other "laser" based products) you learn about the crap the government makes you do to push a product to market.
For our brothers and sisters to the north:
Here are Canada's requirements. http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/C.R.C.,_c._1370.pdf

I keep saying that and nobody is paying attention, I wonder if stern actually filed a product report with the CDRH

if the lasers are projected off the playfield while the ball is in play they could reflect off the ball making the glass an aperture which would then require a variance if emitted radiation exceeds Class I

and if you are in NY then you really know about the laser police, what a pain that state is for laser shows!! sigh

#966 10 years ago

actually searching through regulations.gov (where all the public documents re FDA/CDRH are available) Stern pinball has nothing on file, no requests, no docket/accession numbers or approvals... seems like they may have an issue if there really are lasers in this thing

although some place called Texas Pinball requested a variance for a laser projector last year, sounds like a fun place!

#1010 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I do not think there is ANY chance of a LCD. I would like to see a video of this projected light show so we know exactly what the heck that is all about before dropping nearly 8 grand on another pinball machine.

$20 says it's some kind of DG/Lumia effect ex

1 week later
#2151 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Please come back when you've used headphones to listen to what's there. It's not stereo, but it's very good.
The WOZ soundtrack is what I'll hear in my personal hell, I'm pretty sure, so high fidelity is just twisting the knife a little deeper.

no, it's really not.. the audio in SAM games is terrible compared to modern anything... there is no reason why it can't be CD quality, instead we get less than 1/4 cd quality

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flecom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=flecom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.