lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

WOW they took STTNG and pretty much made it a narrowbody game nearly verbatim. It looks like the Enterprise even fires balls back at you like the Borg ship.
As an STTNG owner, I think I might have to say pass.
-Jim

Dare to compare...

doh... having an issue posting the pic...

Here it is...

New_vs_Old.jpgNew_vs_Old.jpg

Proportions of TNG modified to just compare (it is squished into the size of a standard machine)

#551 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

The one person that we can point a finger to that is responsible for making us feel this way is not Gary Stern..., it is Jack.

Nope, it's Gary, and it was two things he did. I think the biggest issue was Gary raising the prices. I understand why he did it, but a price increase will also increase expectations of the machine. Customers want to see big innovation when they see big increases in price. The other issue is the game really seems "the same" as other titles.

So increased pricing, no innovation, and really a repeat of other games? You can blame Jack for raising the bar all you want, but Jack didn't put ST into the market, Gary did.

#785 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I kept telling him how disappointed I was and there must be more to this game and he said "I can't let the big secret out, I will get a talking to, so you will have to check our website tomorrow. I really would love to tell you but I can't".
I don't know what it means but I'm sure it is not an LCD, he was persistent that Stern was not prepared for an LCD in Star Trek but future games will have them.

A few people are saying this. And that's fine. But it is going to need to be a pretty good surprise to overcome all the negative feelings about the game from the teaser video. Right now the teaser was a big mistake, because releasing it without telling us the party trick, and continuing to keep it "secret" is just dumb. So I'll still hold final judgement until I play it, but I'm interested to hear this big secret.

#913 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I see it only lists 4 pinballs, good or bad?

BSD, LOTR, Tron, all of them in my living room have 4 balls. It is fine.

#1173 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

WOW... Super Flash Spinning Target with Holographic Motion
=
reflective sticker on the spinner.

Yo! Not a "reflective sticker on the spinner", but a "HOLOGRAPHIC reflective sticker on the spinner"! That is WAY better!

#1349 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, that doesn't make you a troll.
But when you get to the point where you are repeating it ad nausea, *that* gets you closer to being a troll.

Rob, would it be ok if I use your definition of a troll in other threads? It seems like a good definition. Not the only one, but there are quite a few users here that seem to repeat the same distaste of machines over and over. I'd just like your approval to let them know that by your definition, they are trolls.

#1751 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

The actual playfield shot of the pro looks great! Cannot wait to play, especially in a dark room. Why are they waiting so long for the big reveal? It's sold out from them I heard.
BTW...Pinball ROCKS. Look at all that shiny stuff, look at all that LED craziness. This is the renaissance for sure
edit : Someone said it cost 10k to put a ST in a bar? I thought pro cost was $4800...

They can't give more info because the distributors now need to get them sold. The whole star field projection stuff won't be shown until well after the irrevocable depost time is over. That feature sounds great, but a kitty laser pointed at the playfield doesn't have the same draw. So quiet works towards everyone but the customers advantage for the moment. They are trying to get you to buy it. And I swear some of the posts here are astroturfing. But again, that is all just marketing.

1 year later
#2191 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Enjoy!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pics-are-starting-to-come-out
See post #28. What a let down yet ACDC pro is in his wishlist.

Wow! Read post #25. It was so long ago that even Robin could express an opinion! Should we ask what he thinks of GOT? Or have times changed too much?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
$ 15.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.