lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 45.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not bad, but we're expected to purchase these games for a lot of $$$. If it's similar to games I already have, what's my incentive? If I don't have those games, what's my incentive to buy this over similar cheaper games?

Right, I mean SM isnt a cheap game. Its definitely 'up-there' in the used game prices right now. And its still less expensive than buying a Premium Stern game these days, which I feel is a fair comparison because SM was before we moved to the current cost-cutting measures that come with today's pro games.

#302 10 years ago

I continue to be surprised at so many peoples' obsession with the display (LCD vs. DMD). Looks like a fun, fast-flowing table to me. Hope the rules are good...

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Since there are no cannons, I wonder what the lockdown bar button does. ??
The layout is very similar to a couple other top SR games, but how bad is that really? People LOVE spiderman & STTNG. It's not very original, but it's a proven layout that could possibly land this game right in the top ten. The art is better than AC/DC. Minimal toys and no upper PFs usually means more speed & better flow. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this game plays. It could be a crazy flow monster like Tron.
LCD rumors appear to have let many people down, but that's what happens when you get caught up in the rumor mill. Maybe next time.
I predict this will be a great game, but price will determine whether or not I stay in. I refuse to pay high $7's or $8k+ for a pin.

Well, I think it is going to be a great game. I expect an awesome rule set and an extremely cool light show. The DMD is a major bummer for me.

BUT... it is nothing new and innovative and I will be happy to stick with my AC/DC Premium. Once released and after a couple of years, I might consider one.

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think the new speaker panel is growing on me, and isn't as bad as I first thought. I think I was looking at the pro model before

i agree the le speaker panel look much better, the pro looks like a toolbox/garage.

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think the new speaker panel is growing on me, and isn't as bad as I first thought. I think I was looking at the pro model before

i agree much much better on the Le, pro looks like a toolbox/garage look

#308 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

i agree much much better on the Le, pro looks like a toolbox/garage look

#309 10 years ago

I've been waiting for this reveal and my biggest fear is true, STTNG base cloned. I have one already! He could have at least reversed it and put the upper flipper left side lol. I'm not closing the door yet but no way I am getting one without playing a lot.

#318 10 years ago

seems like i am the only one actually to like the playfield
even if it is a rip off of sttng etc seems like a fast playing game
and yes i played al star treks etc but seems to work for me
i prefer the classic pinball look over the huge lcd from Woz which is too big , i am playing pinball not watching a movie!!!
happy that they did come with a playfield without some photoshop characters on it

other thing i noticed the blurry dmd image, is this on purpose , could it be that stern come's with a full color lcd wen it goes in production?

i like what i see and would be happy to receive my LE

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

i agree, much better on the LE, the pro looks like a toolbox/garage look.

and that blue everywhere, too much!

#320 10 years ago

I'd like to see them make a movie based pin to try and attract a new audience... Big Lebowski, Clockwork Orange, Fight Club, hell even a cheech and chong pinball machine would be hilarious!

#321 10 years ago

Asteroids have big ass LEDs in them ST_Pinball3.pngST_Pinball3.png

#322 10 years ago

anyone got tickets to the JJP afterparty following todays announcement/video from stern? I hear the champagne will flow like wine.

#323 10 years ago

They all look good to me...but that's because I don't have 8g to buy one.

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

the JJP afterparty

I'm now in for a WOZ. Just seems like so much more machine for the money. Actually, for less money.

#325 10 years ago

There, fixed that for you.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I'm now in for a WOZ. Just seems like so much more machine for the money. Actually, for less money.

I hope you play it first!

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

anyone got tickets to the JJP afterparty following todays announcement/video from stern? I hear the champagne will flow like wine.

Well, JJP needs to deliver the WOZ goods to many of us before we put down more cash, so I would say the champagne is still in the bucket. I am not running out and putting money on TH anytime soon.

Both Stern and JJP have shot the "Golden LE Goose" IMHO for their own reasons.

Anyone have a STTNG that is clean but needs some minor work?

#328 10 years ago

Dunno if anyone else confirmed this but as I suspected there is no VUK on the Pro.

VUK.JPGVUK.JPG

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Anyone have a STTNG that is clean but needs some minor work?

I do,maybe

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Actually, I have played it several times. Also, we have a lot of friends and coworkers over for pinball events, and I think WOZ will be a hit with them. I try to have a very diverse collection partly for that reason, and I now feel confident that WOZ will add more that's new to the mix than ST would. I didn't want that to be the case, but it is what it is.

#332 10 years ago

Nice. I have a feeling that STTNG will seriously appreciate soon...

#333 10 years ago

Ok I'll weigh in as a collector and player. I like the game play of STTNG, but hate the art work and Cap'n Picard mug on the backglass. I think the toys on STTNG look cheap and cheesy as hell, where as the two ships on Sterns machine look cool. Yes there are more toys on STTNG, lazers are Frikin cool, but if I was looking to add ST to my collection graphically I would choose Stern's vs Williams. Now wide body's play slow so this could be an advantage to a reg sized machine.

Until we see game play and code, its tough to make a judgment if it will be good or bad!

My two cents

GAP

#334 10 years ago

The more i look at the upper flipper, the more i realize what a drain monster using it could be. The lock targets are just asking for trouble and I don't know how easy (or again safe) they will all be to shoot from the lower right flipper.

On top of that, the ramp looks to be at a steep angle to the flipper location.... I mean the opening is wide from post to post, but from the angle of the flipper it sure cuts down some... Looks like a similar ramp openng as HS or STTNG, but the upper flipper seems lower down the PF to me.

Maybe its just the stitched pic

#335 10 years ago

Dunno if anyone else confirmed this but as I suspected there is no VUK on the Pro.

Ya so the Pro probably has a virtual lock and the Prem/EE has a physical lock. Look at this pic here that was spliced together, this looks like another case of Stern photoshoping together PFs. You can see there is a scoop where there should be only the VUK. Either that or they just used a pro pf that was already assembled and starting putting on LE parts.

vuk.jpgvuk.jpg

#336 10 years ago

Until someone can definitively tell me what the lockdown bar button does, I maintain hope that there is still much more to this pin hidden thus far using a cloaking device.

#337 10 years ago

I've been MASHING THE "SEND POST" BUTTON FURIOUSLY

Quoted from epthegeek:

There, fixed that for you.

lol, The page acted like it was going to post (spinny) then stopped. I opened another window and refreshed but no post so I tried again. Then they showed up!

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Ya so the Pro probably has a virtual lock and the Prem/EE has a physical lock.

It could still be a physical lock like Firepower.

Also, it looks kinda like the kickback could possibly be combo'd into the Away Team shot...?

#339 10 years ago

I'll stick with my Predator.

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Look at this pic here that was spliced together, this looks like another case of Stern photoshoping together PFs.

I think you are right. I was envisioning some neat lock/VUK setup but I don't think we have any hope of something like that.

#341 10 years ago

I think it's gonna be great. With all the dissatisfied friends of Dorothy, there should be LE models available for everyone else.

#342 10 years ago

Until someone can definitively tell me what the lockdown bar button does, I maintain hope that there is still much more to this pin hidden thus far using a cloaking device.

From this pic, it looks like the front of the ship opens. Don't know what it is going to fire at though.

ST_Pinball3.pngST_Pinball3.png

#343 10 years ago

Thread intermission...

#344 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

If you already own those games, it is a decisive factor, at least for me.

Good point. That could cost them with current STTNG owners. It's newer, brighter and faster, but pretty darn similar. Reason enough to upgrade? I don't know. I don't have a STTNG.

#345 10 years ago

Just curious, without posting any distributors names, what are the actual selling prices for the different models?

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hope he does as its an incredible machine and the vast majority of people who have played it think so too.

#347 10 years ago

Hard to know how much of this is final. The LE appears to have a regular black plastic apron on it in the video.

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hope he does as its an incredible machine and the vast majority of people who have played it think so too.

It blows.

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just curious, without posting any distributors names, what are the actual selling prices for the different models?

Prices look like this so far:
LE $7700
Pro $4850
Prem $6650

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Prices look like this so far:
LE $7700
Pro $4850
Prem $6650

Shipped?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.