New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 62665)

Stern Star Trek Announced

By Purpledrilmonkey

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,205 posts
  • 390 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 121 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ST.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg
images13.jpg
image.jpeg
excited.jpg
$(KGrHqZ,!o4FIW)E(cPOBSImJiFFzg~~60_3..jpg
lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

There are 2205 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 45.
#2201 5 years ago

Hate to beat a dead horse but no I'm not. The numbers don't lie. ST ratings took a dive after initial release. Then in Aug (for some reason) the ratings came up a bit. Outside of that it held pretty steady. I don't know how it performed in relation to the top 100 placement over the last year (quite frankly don't care) but this tells the story of the ratings. Take away the first 6 months for "honeymoon" ratings and the title would drop quite a bit.

Again, it's a good game but no where near top 10. I've got no reason to bash it as I own one and would like to sell it in the near future.

ST.jpg

#2202 5 years ago

Damn, double post when going to a new page bug.

#2203 5 years ago

ST's rise had a lot to do with the last code update.
Fwiw....Aurich's translite and backbox decals transformed an ugly st pre into a good looking game art wise.

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hate to beat a dead horse but no I'm not. The numbers don't lie. ST ratings took a dive after initial release. Then in Aug (for some reason) the ratings came up a bit. Outside of that it held pretty steady. I don't know how it performed in relation to the top 100 placement over the last year (quite frankly don't care) but this tells the story of the ratings. Take away the first 6 months for "honeymoon" ratings and the title would drop quite a bit.
Again, it's a good game but no where near top 10. I've got no reason to bash it as I own one and would like to sell it in the near future.
ST.jpg

Dude! No fair using actual statistics to back up you claim!

Looks like you were right, there was definitely a drop in the ratings after the initial buzz wore off. But still, the point is that it stands at #9 *today*, despite the huge beating that the pin took when it was launched (as seen in this thread). The same thing could easily wind up happening with GOT.

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

ST.jpg

Ive owned a lot of sterns over the last decade and for a good timeframe as well. I consider STLE sterns best game to date. Where STLE fails to please the masses, other top 10 pins shine; and where other top 10 pins fail, STLE shines. It's why we all like different pins. STLE to me has the most longevity and replay ability fun factor than any other pin I've owned. So yes, it deserves to be in the top 10 (not that I care), but there's usually 2 haters to 1 honeymooner, so the law of averages will play out and STLE has been out just about 2 years and the latest code put it on the map as one of, if not the, best stern ever. I even heard a little rumor that it may surpass acdc in sales

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
There are 2205 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 45.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside