lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 45.
#2051 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Well, I own BSM and BDK, both SAM games (although without upgraded woofers), and there's really no comparison whatsoever with WOZ. So, if you think SAM sounds good (and it certainly does compared to my old TSPP), then JJP's system is just a whole bunch of notches above that.
I'm not saying that to slam Stern - but honestly, they need to upgrade their audio hardware.

I thought there was a Stern platform upgrade in the works? Something like they prototyped hardware on the Transformers Pin?

#2052 10 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I thought there was a Stern platform upgrade in the works? Something like they prototyped hardware on the Transformers Pin?

Everyone expected it on Star Trek. Based on ST's extraordinarily long development period of 20 months (vs. 10 months for AC/DC), I think some in Stern originally planned on it being used with Star Trek too...

#2053 10 years ago

The Game Will Not Disappoint. Seen It , Played It.

#2055 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

he Game Will Not Disappoint. Seen It , Played It.

Can you give us more info?

#2056 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Would you please expand upon this? Sounds, lights, flow, etc... Thanks in advance.

#2058 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Can you give us more info?

A Stern dealer played it and reports he liked it. Go figure...

#2059 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

A Stern dealer played it and reports he liked it. Go figure...

and WOZ owners love WOZ.
Everyone's entitled to an opinion without getting slagged.
I'd like to hear more from Gap though. Details Man, details!

#2060 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

and WOZ owners love WOZ.

What do you think he's going to say? No matter what he's going to say that the pin is awesome. He's a dealer. I bet if I go to a Ford dealership they're going to tell me how great their vehicles are.

#2061 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

and WOZ owners love WOZ.

Since when are people who spend money on games to enjoy them on equal footing credibity-wise with those selling games and making money on them?

I'm suspicious of ANY salesman's glowing praise, and it doesn't matter what they're selling. Someone whose business it is making money from selling a specific product is unlikely to give their real feelings if they were disappointed in that product, as their livlihood depends on it.

As such, any dealer posting a review should state CLEARLY in their post that they are a Stern dealer so there is no confusion and the appropriate weight can be given to the contents.

You have GOT to be kidding! That's insulting!

#2062 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I agree. its b.s.

#2063 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Where are the lasers?

In the Ship or Apron?

#2064 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

When you give comments like this, why can't you be more specific in the first place? It's not like you don't know people will start asking for more info.

Do we really have to beg here? Really? Ok fine!
Please, please, please, pleasssssssssseeeeeee, ohhh please!!!

#2065 10 years ago

If I had ordered I would be tempted to cancel after seeing this. Do Stern want customer's money???

#2066 10 years ago

So the first ever known video of a STAR TREK has been posted to Sterns facebook page today.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

And its obviously... purposely...deliberately... tantalizingly... vague.

They are in on the joke alright... they are in on the joke.

#2067 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If I had ordered I would be tempted to cancel after seeing this. Do Stern want customer's money???

They think they're being cute. Like a schoolyard game of keepaway...

#2068 10 years ago

I Cannot Give A Full Review Until Monday, Once The Games Hit The Streets. I Did not Direct Anyone To My Site Which I Could Of Easily Done. I Respect Stern, And Ask If I Could Give A Review. I Think There Are Haters On Here That Are Making This Game Out to Be A Bad Game And I Don't See It. Full Review Monday

#2069 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I Think There Are Haters On Here That Are Making This Game Out to Be A Bad Game And I Don't See It.

And by denying a decent review Stern only adds fuel to the fire. Don't see the point in this if you're sure, and stand behind your product.

#2070 10 years ago

It's Not Annoying At All When People Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Single Word For No Reason.

#2071 10 years ago

As a self-admitted Stern Fanboy, wearing my Stern-coloured glasses, I see a company that's SO confident that this new pin will be awesome, that they're "doubling-down" by teasing us like this.

If this game is "only average", and not "downright mind-blowingly-awesome", how will they be trusted in the future?
There are somewhere less than 799 Stern supporters at the moment, awaiting details on why we've spent more money on a mostly under-wraps pinball machine.
There will be more than one sad face in the crowd if this pin isn't "the Business!".

#2072 10 years ago

Stern are just annoying me right now. Even thinking of not getting Metallica as that video is just infantile.

#2073 10 years ago

And lets face it Chambahz no matter what this game ends up to be, you would never say anything other than stellar! No offense but your a self proclaimed fanboy!

#2074 10 years ago

I love how Stern has ignited some weird form of rage, because they won't share the info yet, lol.

Brilliant on their part, even though a lot of you won't see it that way.

#2075 10 years ago

I dont' necessarily mind someone being a fan, that's great. But when you do so, SO blindly, you really are just encouraging them to do more of the same. Just portraying the attitude that you'll buy whatever they throw at you doesn't exactly encourage them to keep pushing the limits of game design and improving customer interaction.

Yes, brilliant Wolfmarsh. I've already decided to cancel my order and took a refund (and bought a different pin). Brilliant of Stern.

#2076 10 years ago

If very brilliant is loosing money to competitors as indicated by many on these threads then your absolutely right!

#2077 10 years ago

Marketing team is back from holiday I guess

What does everyone think of the sounds that you could hear in that 10sec video?

#2078 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If very brilliant is loosing money to competitors as indicated by many on these threads then your absolutely right!

Let's tally the results of their actions in 2 months. Maybe I'm wrong and it will backfire on them, but I think this is a funny/smart play on their part.

#2079 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

And lets face it Chambahz no matter what this game ends up to be, you would never say anything other than stellar! No offense but your a self proclaimed fanboy!

Not true! I bought an Avengers LE and had nothing but trouble.
Even this fan-boy admits to buying a VERY poorly manufactured pin from Stern.
Fingers are crossed that doesn't happen again. If quality is an issue with StarTrek (beyond a minor repair or two), I'll have to reconsider where I'm parking my pinball dollars.
See, the problem is that I bought an ACDC Premium and it's my desert-island pin. NOTHING comes close in my opinion. I prefer it over MM, and WOZ.
Hoping that StarTrek will bring more of the same. I base that prediction on 60 multi-colour changing LEDs, amazing flow on Spiderman (similar layout) and the fact that Steve Ritchie has put a lot of time and effort into this pin. All the important key ingredients have been assembled. Now let's see if they bake it properly.

#2080 10 years ago

Tough to tally actually, as indicated by others, Stern holds their cards (numbers) to tight to their chest. I am hoping like hell this is a player and kicks ass however I think their marketing stinks. Im holding my money till this one proves out Their marketing has done Zero to convince me otherwise.

#2081 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Let's tally the results of their actions in 2 months. Maybe I'm wrong and it will backfire on them, but I think this is a funny/smart play on their part.

Whoever said they're doubling down, i agree.

Either very smart or very crazy. Ask again Monday.

I HOPE very smart because that would mean they're being cocky because it is that damned good.

As a SR, ST, pinball fan, that's what I want.

#2082 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Right, the the Megatron-ish ball lock/VUK has to be the box! Where else could it be? So why do they look different between Pro and Premium/LE?

No, not in the box. The box has the ship movement stuff. Since the ship doesn't move as much, there's just a flat plastic on the front of it on the Pro. I think the ball lock/VUK is UNDER the playfield. Ball goes thru that center lane, locks in a VUK underneath.

#2083 10 years ago

Its to bad the only real player in the pinballbusiness is an asshole.

Lets hope jjp can really make a company that puts out a pin every year, cause stern is losing it.

#2084 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I dont' necessarily mind someone being a fan, that's great. But when you do so, SO blindly, you really are just encouraging them to do more of the same. Just portraying the attitude that you'll buy whatever they throw at you doesn't exactly encourage them to keep pushing the limits of game design and improving customer interaction.
Yes, brilliant Wolfmarsh. I've already decided to cancel my order and took a refund (and bought a different pin). Brilliant of Stern.

Here's where I think you're mistaken:
my deposit was not made "so, so blindly". I have an ACDC and love the colour changing inserts. StarTrek has 60 of them!
I don't own a Spiderman, but would have been ready to buy a HUO or NIB if available. To me, StarTrek will have the same flow (or better since it's been tweaked by Steve again).
I actually LOVE the artwork. Looking at my ACDC, one reason I like it so much is the bright colours. The old men on the playfield do little for me, but overall I still think it's an "exciting" looking playfield. The very same can be said for StarTrek. They've used lots of very bright colours.
They have a lot of material to pull from if they choose to (video footage, movie quotes, etc).
And oh: it's been put together by Steve Ritchie. Best designer there is in MY opinion.
So what's left: code? Like ACDC, I fully expect it will improve with time. Build quality? Yup -I got burned on Avengers so this is a bit of a risk. Resale value? Yup. Not sure I'll get what I paid for it in a year if I decide to sell it. I'm willing to take that risk. Even if I sell at less than what I paid, I'm ok taking a bit of a loss if I'm able to play it for a year.

So: is it wiser to wait and see how it plays before plunking down your hard-earned cash? You bet it is! Please feel free to do so. Not the route I'm taking on this one.

#2085 10 years ago

I hope your right as well Rick. However who ever thinks their marketing is "brilliant" I have to question. Loosing money to others in the short term is not good marketing and no one in business should be that cocky. It is not endearing one bit and usually is short lived for a business to make it the long run. Having said that I think Stern has the ability to do well just look at the games coming out in the very short past. I just believe either they were right in saying their marketing department is "on Vacation", or they have just had a massive brain fart!

#2086 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Its to bad the only real player in the pinballbusiness is an asshole.
Lets hope jjp can really make a company that puts out a pin every year, cause stern is losing it.

Always the same people slinging the mud eh?
Can't you either say something positive or constructive, or just stay out of the thread?
Complain about their marketing, the fact that they're rehashing the playfield, the artwork, whatever... but if you're just going to call people names, maybe it's time to take your meds.

#2087 10 years ago

Chambahz I agree constructive criticism and well thought out praise is what I want to hear on here

#2088 10 years ago

How do you give constructive criticism to a video that just shits in the face of their own costumers.

You guys must get real, this video is something only a person described as in my last post would do.

#2089 10 years ago

How do you give constructive criticism to a video that just shits in the face of their own costumers.
You guys must get real, this video is something only a person described as in my last post would do.

Oh I agree with your sentiments: it's practically insulting.
Still, you didn't even reference the video when you started name calling.
(Which, of course isn't really helpful to anyone and only insults Stern fans)

#2090 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Everyone expected it on Star Trek. Based on ST's extraordinarily long development period of 20 months (vs. 10 months for AC/DC), I think some in Stern originally planned on it being used with Star Trek too...

How do you know the details of the Star Trek project schedule?

#2091 10 years ago

Lol never seen someone get so worked up over a 10 second video clip.

#2092 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Tell us more!!

#2093 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol never seen someone get so worked up over a 10 second video clip.

lol yup.
10 bucks says theyre working on the video footage today and put a tidbit on facebook just to say 'hey, we're working on star trek'.

Its not like these guys are working 24/7 (some may be). If there's one thing we've learned from other manufacturers; its that it takes time to build these games, let alone get quality gameplay footage. You think this game is complete and stern is holding off on us by not showing us a final product? no, theyre working their asses off while we type away speculating on these forums

#2094 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I agree. Somebody is being a dick.

#2095 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Marketing team is back from holiday I guess
What does everyone think of the sounds that you could hear in that 10sec video?

New video Not very inspiring at all. Another let down.
I have been wondering, not knowing anything about Sterns current system (SAM) is that system capable of controlling these new 60 color changer LED's or could the big surprise be the new system after all and Stern is really pulling one over on us.

#2096 10 years ago

Each day I start to question all over again whether to buy. Each day I look for more information that might lead me to do so. Not today. Not with that video.

#2097 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Each day I start to question all over again whether to buy. Each day I look for more information that might lead me to do so. Not today. Not with that video.

I personally don't see any reason at all to put yourself out on a limb with the LE. Wait for the premium if anything ... looks to have everything of any significance in the game. The LE will always be worth more than the premium but I have a hard time seeing it maintaining a $1300-$1500 edge.

#2098 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I personally don't see any reason at all to put yourself out on a limb with the LE. Wait for the premium if anything ... looks to have everything of any significance in the game. The LE will always be worth more than the premium but I have a hard time seeing it maintaining a $1300-$1500 edge.

Hmmm his last LE sure seems to be holding ST value over the premium.

#2099 10 years ago

Steve finds your lack of faith....disturbing.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2100 10 years ago

Don't you see what he's holding in his hands???! WHOA!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.95
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.99
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.