lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 45.
#1951 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Totally disagree! Why an LE version at all then? The LE buyers better get something much more for price differences. WoZ owners got literally nothing more.

Agreed! Why a LE version at all? Great point.

LE owners get a backglass, plated legs and armor, a signature and exclusivity, what else do you want???

Quoted from Mycal:

I posted this on Stern's Facebook page over an hour ago. No response, so far.
"Any chance that we're going to see video of Star Trek game play very soon??? Distributors will refund deposits until tomorrow night and I'm on the fence about buying a LE. I'd like to see the USS Vengeance animation, the animated playfield laser starfield projector, the GI lighting and sounds before making my decision. PLEASE show me something that will convince me to purchase it!!! Thank you."
I also just called Stern and reached the sales dept. The woman I spoke with told me, "she didn't know if video would be available within the next 24 hours, to be honest." I asked if anyone there did, perhaps the marketing dept. She then informed me that the marketing guy is on vacation, LOL and all of the sales guys are out of the office today. I thanked her for her candor and hung up. Arrrgghhh...

Do you know Stern's policy on preorders?

Quoted from Rarehero:

So buy a toy ship and attach it
I think the soundtrack will be good. David Thiel is on the job, and he's done spectacular work when using movie score accompanied by his own tracks. It gives him a springboard and he matches the tone exactly. Tron & Ironman are a good example of this. Much of the IM music is movie score, but Whiplash MB & War Machine MB (and prob some other tracks) are Thiel originals. Tron has a few Daft Punk tracks but lots of Thiel originals that fit perfectly.

This I agree with, Thiel is amazing.

#1952 10 years ago

Love the pro. Looks good and good price.

Getting the LE. Like the added features. Don't like the price.

Not choosing Premium. Don't like the looks.

That was easy.

#1953 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I believe that one is located behind each asteroid:

A closer look at the asteroid in question:

asteroid.jpgasteroid.jpg

#1954 10 years ago

I imagine the Pro could be the next Tron Pro as far as love for the pin and bang-for-the-buck goes. It will be interesting to see how all this pans out. I'm in for the LE with a cross-your-fingers attitude and hope that it will be awesome. A little gamble on the financial side? Yep. I just hope it works out. Hopefully worst case scenario is having a great pin which I paid too much for but keep for many, many years. Real life worst case is bad programming and a pin which I don't like which I paid too much for and sell for a loss. Like I said, it will be interesting to see how this goes.

And, for the record, the upgrade I'm most excited about is the color changing LEDs (and lots of them). They are great on the WOZ and it will be interesting to see if this is the way of the future.

#1955 10 years ago

The ship will probably light up like Sparky when it crashes.

I'm REALLY excited about the light show. Arguably that is one of the best developments in pinball, and Stern has been pushing things along with lights for a while. Star Trek is a big step up for them though, and the added bonus of having a nice and bright GI with spotlights .

#1956 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The ship will probably light up like Sparky when it crashes.
I'm REALLY excited about the light show. Arguably that is one of the best developments in pinball, and Stern has been pushing things along with lights for a while. Star Trek is a big step up for them though, and the added bonus of having a nice and bright GI with spotlights .

Yeah, WOZ is weird in that you have all this amazing light show but can't see the friggin' ball at all of you play in the dark. The really need to work on their GI.

#1957 10 years ago

Maybe it will project something like this...
Also a good idea for a game room light feature..

#1958 10 years ago

I hope you can mod the PRO to add the starfield projector....

#1959 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I hope you can mod the PRO to add the starfield projector....

You have never even seen it and you already want it!! Haha.

I like your style!

#1960 10 years ago

Trust me guys you will want it

#1961 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Trust me guys you will want it

Have you seen it?

#1962 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Get a Premium. That thing is sex.

From the Pinball News site:

Meanwhile the LE gains the following features over the Premium:

Warp core resonator shaker motor
Brushed stainless steel speaker panel with laser cut emblem and grilles
Playfield signed by Steve Ritchie
Numbered plate
Certificate of authenticity
Mirrored backglass
Animated backlit laser-cut side armour
Illuminated 6" stainless steel shield emblem on backbox

So the only big difference other than cosmetics between the premium and LE is the backglass, side armor, shaker and lighted shield emblem on the backbox. Speculation is that the cut out portion of the side rails have EL paper behind them which light up in a strobing fashion (much like the opening scene of the credits in the TV show where the lights strobe down the side of the engines on the enterprise). The premium should have the star field projector then. It would have been nice for Stern to give us some idea of what the star projector and backlit side armor actually look like before they want more money from us though.

#1963 10 years ago

Pinball is definitely growing a bit but the target buyer is different. Stern is taking advantage of that. Simple business. You know like fashion trends. a $300 pair of crap jeans for the fall season or a $75 pair that'll last 10 years.

#1964 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

This is just Bullshit and uncalled for. The way some of you are? What the hell is this supposed to mean? You really need to get over yourself, who the hell are you to sit there and judge other people on how they spend their money. You have just lost all respect from me and have stooped to troll status.

Nope, it's Fact. I know it, and most of us know it, that many people buy blindly. Apparently you haven't been paying attention. Do I think it's a dumb move? Absolutely. BUT.... I wasn't stating my opinion on it, I was stating the fact that it happens all the time and the reason for games (regardless of quality) end up selling before they are even released. You need to start reading a little more closely before flying off the handle and getting your panties in a twist.

#1965 10 years ago

now that's funny:

lol.jpglol.jpg

#1966 10 years ago

so.... when does the gameplay video come up?

#1967 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

now that's funny:

Thanks, but those were the games that were being talked about in the thread so it is appropriate to add them to the games linked section.

#1968 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks, but those were the games that were being talked about in the thread so it is appropriate to add them to the games linked section.

Plus, is it even possible to link to a Stern Star Trek entry yet?

#1969 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Plus, is it even possible to link to a Stern Star Trek entry yet?

If it was I would have already done it.

#1970 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm REALLY excited about the light show. Arguably that is one of the best developments in pinball, and Stern has been pushing things along with lights for a while.

This. I do think JJP helped advance LED use in pinball. Very glad to see Stern doing it also. 60 RGB LED's - YEAH BABY!!!

#1971 10 years ago

And resettable memory drop targets. Game is going to rock.

#1972 10 years ago

It's a starfield projector, from a link the person I quoted had posted earlier. Back track and you'll find the link.

Here is the photo from the ebay ad. You see lasers here?

$(KGrHqZ,!o4FIW)E(cPOBSImJiFFzg~~60_3..jpg$(KGrHqZ,!o4FIW)E(cPOBSImJiFFzg~~60_3..jpg

#1973 10 years ago

All I can say is... I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE EXPO!!!!!!!!

excited.jpgexcited.jpg

#1974 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

A closer look at the asteroid in question:

That's a Flat 8 LED Flasher. Very bright.

#1975 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This thread has run its course at this point.

Agreed. But keep in mind this is a symptom of the real problem that Stern is selling out an entire product line (the LEs) without releasing full specs, game play etc. The end result is not unexpected: thousands of speculative posts still guessing what the game is going to really look like outside of photoshop, what the game features are, how they are implemented. It's fun for some, a waste of time for others.

#1976 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Here is the photo from the ebay ad. You see lasers here?

Dude, relax. Just posted the side-by-side pic because an earlier poster made me curious.

#1977 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Nope, it's Fact. I know it, and most of us know it, that many people buy blindly. Apparently you haven't been paying attention. Do I think it's a dumb move? Absolutely. BUT.... I wasn't stating my opinion on it, I was stating the fact that it happens all the time and the reason for games (regardless of quality) end up selling before they are even released. You need to start reading a little more closely before flying off the handle and getting your panties in a twist.

This is the exact response I expected from you. Too bad you just can't get over yourself.

#1978 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Illuminated 6" stainless steel shield emblem on backbox

Is this the shield emblem on the side of the back box? Now that is cool.

#1979 10 years ago

Has anybody confirmed if this cuts out of the INSIDE of the cabinet too, Like it's shown in this picture:
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/Games/startrek/ST%20LE.jpg

#1980 10 years ago

Animated? I highly doubt that. Unless they have a new definition of what animation means.

#1981 10 years ago

The lights strobe along and it looks like the ship is firing. LED strip on the inside too.

#1982 10 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

And resettable memory drop targets. Game is going to rock.

OMG!!! Yes, these should more than make up for the non-existent playfield artwork from the movies, no figures or characters from the movies, only ONE toy, only one song used from the actual movies, and a rehashed playfield layout. Throw in a nifty "starfield projector" (ooooohh) and you've got another Stern winner. Sign me up Scottie!!

#1983 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

Animated? I highly doubt that. Unless they have a new definition of what animation means.

Animated in this case means that the light sequences out from the ship like a laser firing. If you look closely at the pics, you can see the individual light blocks all in a row.

#1984 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

maybe there is a chaser/flasher effect.

my guess it's probably just on.

#1985 10 years ago

Is this the shield emblem on the side of the back box? Now that is cool.

It's the speaker covers, they have blue lights inside.
http://www.pinplay.com/photo/79.html

#1986 10 years ago

Has anybody confirmed if this cuts out of the INSIDE of the cabinet too, Like it's shown in this picture:
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/Games/startrek/ST%20LE.jpg

Here's the high rez version. You can see where they attached this to the inside of the cab. Cool.
http://www.pinplay.com/photos/original/pp000078_YNT5KljI4XBzJWo.jpg
Should be animated like they say. I'm hoping it's tied into game play, otherwise it would be a distraction to have it going off at fixed intervals.

#1987 10 years ago

Ok, that looks like a an LED strip that just pulses up and down. I bet they cut slits in the cab so you can see it through the armor.

#1988 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Here's the high rez version. You can see where they attached this to the inside of the cab. Cool.
http://www.pinplay.com/photos/original/pp000078_YNT5KljI4XBzJWo.jpg
Should be animated like they say. I'm hoping it's tied into game play, otherwise it would be a distraction to have it going off at fixed intervals.

The box that the Vengeance and spring sit on looks different in these hi-res photos of the pro vs. premium/LE. Looks like a door is sprung up on the Premium/LE, while the Pro just looks very different, I.E. not the door being in the down position.

#1989 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

OMG!!! Yes, these should more than make up for the non-existent playfield artwork from the movies, no figures or characters from the movies, only ONE toy, only one song used from the actual movies, and a rehashed playfield layout. Throw in a nifty "starfield projector" (ooooohh) and you've got another Stern winner. Sign me up Scottie!! Suckers ...

Still trolling the thread I see.

#1990 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's fun for some, a waste of time for others.

The thread made a comeback!

#1991 10 years ago

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : CraZ4Pin you have said your piece in this thread it is time to stop. Please let others continue the discussion without your continued responses.

#1992 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Still trolling the thread I see.

How does he still have an account? I thought this was a moderated forum. LOL.

#1993 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Animated in this case means that the light sequences out from the ship like a laser firing. If you look closely at the pics, you can see the individual light blocks all in a row.

If we're dealing with semantics here, what should I expect in a "Warp core resonator shaker motor"?

I'm thinking it will be very very very similar to a shaker motor.

#1994 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Are you incapable of any counter-argument or is resorting to the overused "troll" name calling all you have? I suppose you're right though, this thread is much down to the few who are throwing their money at this crap and rejoicing in their stupidity.

Yep. It's well past time that a moderator took notice at the number of harrassing comments this troll has been making and throw him a ban notice. Nothing constructive in the slightest.

#1995 10 years ago

Warp core resonator shaker motorBrushed stainless steel speaker panel with laser cut emblem and grillesPlayfield signed by Steve RitchieNumbered plateCertificate of authenticityMirrored backglassAnimated backlit laser-cut side armourIlluminated 6" stainless steel shield emblem on backbox
So the only big difference other than cosmetics between the premium and LE is the backglass, side armor, shaker and lighted shield emblem on the backbox. Speculation is that the cut out portion of the side rails have EL paper behind them which light up in a strobing fashion (much like the opening scene of the credits in the TV show where the lights strobe down the side of the engines on the enterprise). The premium should have the star field projector then. It would have been nice for Stern to give us some idea of what the star projector and backlit side armor actually look like before they want more money from us though.

So the old school Lockdown bar and playfield slide rails are not included on the LE either? Have they leaving those out of the latest LE's (Metallica, Avengers, etc)?

#1996 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It's the speaker covers, they have blue lights inside.
http://www.pinplay.com/photo/79.html

Cool, thanks for the pictures. However the spec sheet says the emblems are six inches. Judging from the height of the DMD (3.75-4") which look to be the same hight as the emblem in the picture. How can the emblem be six inches tall? Maybe an optical illusion?

#1997 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

The box that the Vengeance and spring sit on looks different in these hi-res photos of the pro vs. premium/LE. Looks like a door is sprung up on the Premium/LE, while the Pro just looks very different, I.E. not the door being in the down position.

The Prem/LE has an open front cuz the ship's mech allows it to fall forward when it crashes. The Pro doesn't have that mech, so it just has a plastic screwed into the front. It's not a door.

#1998 10 years ago

Are you incapable of any counter-argument or is resorting to the overused "troll" name calling all you have? I suppose you're right though, this thread is much down to the few who are throwing their money at this crap and rejoicing in their stupidity.

There is nothing overused about calling you what you are in this thread: TROLL.

You even backed it up further with this post, with additional personal insults. You've called us "suckers", "stupid", and STLE "crap".

But no, you aren't a troll.

#1999 10 years ago

CraZ4Pin made the post I quoted above, not Chambahz. I'm trying to edit the post but the server is super slow right now

#2000 10 years ago

Cool, thanks for the pictures. However the spec sheet says the emblems are six inches. Judging from the height of the DMD (3.75-4") which look to be the same hight as the emblem in the picture. How can the emblem be six inches tall? Maybe an optical illusion?

Yeah, I think spidey is wrong. It's the emblems on the side of the backbox that light up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 15.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.