lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 45.
#101 10 years ago

Man, I have to say I was expecting a LOT more.

So Pro has plastic ramps, Prem and LE have metal habitrails.

Left side has an outlane kickback, vuk from far left shot, scoop on next shot up. Loads of targets on ramp entrances that should provide some nasty STDM returns. Federation Warship's front looks to open. Entire Fed Warship on Prem+ appears to move forward and down, doing the crash in San Francisco scene from the movie.

WTF is with those rocks?!?!?!?

I have to say, if the EE really is $8k, my response is a resounding NO THANK YOU.

This rather bums me out as I have a Star Trek and a STTNG and have been waiting for a few years for this title from Stern. This was going to be the glorious endcap to the set but frankly, I'll just keep STTNG there instead.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

That ship in the middle of the playfield isn't the Enterprise, it's the Dreadnaught class ship that Robocop built from Into Darkness.

So, um, LCD Napabar??!?!

#103 10 years ago

Hmm, makes me feel better about x-men le; at least from apparent BOM to Cost ratio

#104 10 years ago

Red trim does not fit.

#105 10 years ago

Looks really good. another fast Ritchie layout, can't wait to get all the info!

#107 10 years ago

Is that EL paper under the LE rails? Could be paint. Also, the LE backbox looks to have the ST insignia raised out a bit.

#108 10 years ago

Once again they have made the pro look better than the premium, and the only way to get a great looking machine with all the features is to buy an LE.

#109 10 years ago

some ST piX

ST01.jpgST01.jpg ST02.jpgST02.jpg ST03.jpgST03.jpg

#110 10 years ago

I wanted Stern to continue Art and Look like MetallicA...The pics and Video takes me down to earth!

Looks really fade and empty,Toys are the same colors and playfield art is whorst then Transformer!
Pffff,C'mon Stern.

#111 10 years ago

More Pix

ST04.jpgST04.jpg ST05.jpgST05.jpg ST06.jpgST06.jpg

#112 10 years ago

So far, a big MEH!!!

#113 10 years ago

More

ST07.jpgST07.jpg ST08.jpgST08.jpg ST09.jpgST09.jpg

#114 10 years ago

Im not particularly fond of any of the cabinets. Hopefully it plays well.

#115 10 years ago

Site is wicked slow but I'm trying to update the main post. No VUK on the pro by the looks of it? Anyone noticed that?

#116 10 years ago

At least there are not photos of actors cut and pasted all over the playfield. My line up is staying as is though.

#117 10 years ago

Couple more

ST010.jpgST010.jpg ST011.jpgST011.jpg ST012.jpgST012.jpg

#118 10 years ago

when's the last time any shot gave you potentially unlimited chances to bring the ball back to the plunger lane?

#119 10 years ago

<blockquote What's with the odd-looking speaker panel?

Thats your price $1500 price increase.

#120 10 years ago

Very underwelmed right now. For the price that's it? Looks far less complex then MET Premium / LE. I was really hoping for a new unique layout and a mechanical toy that interacts with the ball and not a stripped down STTNG... Looks like I'll be sticking with my Hobbit LE preorder for now.

#122 10 years ago

Me too, I was expecting to be more stoked. But gameplay will tell us for sure!

#123 10 years ago

A cheap imitation of a STTNG-inspired design. At first glance, the only thing that looks better is the translite art. PF art looks REALLY BORING. Stern goes back to the Avenger style backbox? (probably saved $5-10?). Really glad I pulled the trigger on Metallica and didn't wait for this dud...

#124 10 years ago

I like how the speaker panel leans back. That should reduce the glare on the playfield glass.

#125 10 years ago

What's up next?!

#126 10 years ago

I don't feel the enthusiasm I had when they announced Metallica.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Once again they have made the pro look better than the premium, and the only way to get a good looking machine with all the features is to buy an LE.

Just question,have you pre-order the LE version with your distributor??

#128 10 years ago

The Blue one with the Ship on the backglass looks slick, but the red one is terrible. And why would you put that ugly ship in the middle and not a beautiful looking Enterprise? Thats my gripe....

#129 10 years ago

I love lamp.

Figured I needed a worthless speculative post based off something I just looked at, so I can judge it to it's full extent.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

No. I'll just have to play someone elses this time.

#131 10 years ago

Like others, I'm hoping those aren't the real translites and perhaps there is an LCD reveal ahead. I just can't imagine that LE artwork is the real translite ... it's the worst of the 3.

#132 10 years ago

Aaaannnddd......yep I'm done....grabs Kleenex.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

That will be the million dollar question. Are folks that pre ordered going to stay with the game now that we see it and if the new price is true. Should be interesting.
All I know is I had no interest in Metallica but when I saw it I was on the phone. I knew ST was not a big theme but honestly thought I would be surprised and had funds ready if so. No phone calls being made though.
Still would like to see more but at this point I am wondering whats next. Music pin? Who will design?

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That will be the million dollar question. Are folks that pre ordered going to stay with the game now that we see it and if the new price is true. Should be interesting.
All I know is I had no interest in Metallica but when I saw it I was on the phone. I knew ST was not a big theme but honestly thought I would be surprised and had funds ready if so. No phone calls being made though.
Still would like to see more but at this point I am wondering whats next. Music pin? Who will design?

Walking Dead - see other threads.

#135 10 years ago

Does anyone know who is doing the programming and sound?

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

There were not supposed to be any pre-orders. LOL

#137 10 years ago

I don't think the play field artwork is very inspired, but I like it better than some photo collage.

#138 10 years ago

The speaker panel looks like it can fit a bigger display. I think you need a display in that area. Woz may be to high up / to big to be able to see it while playing.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from lyerelian:

Looks just like STTNG but without the extras (canons, subway, VUK, wireform for picard maneuver). Glad I have a STTNG because this seems like the nerfed version

Totally agree with this. Looks like a poor man's STTNG...except that this one will be twice as expensive as a STTNG...

#140 10 years ago

The red just doesn't fit..yuck

#141 10 years ago

Disappointing!

#142 10 years ago

It was pointed out to me by pinsider Sjsilver that the left (Delta) ramp looks like it outputs below the right ramp into the outlane...that looks pretty slick

Star_Trek_Left_Ramp_Exit.jpgStar_Trek_Left_Ramp_Exit.jpg

#143 10 years ago

Damn you're right...couldn't see it with the giant LCD glare

Quoted from Napabar:

That ship in the middle of the playfield isn't the Enterprise, it's the Dreadnaught class ship that Robocop built from Into Darkness.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I don't think the play field artwork is very inspired, but I like it better than some photo collage.

In this case, I don't like it better than photos at all. The way the colors are blended is not to my tastes and there is nothing about the art work to enjoy looking at.
At least with photo collages as you say, there is plenty to look at to get an inspiration for the theme.

#145 10 years ago

Why not the blue DMD in all the machines? It would look so much better...

The cabinet is not that great looking....and I think the ship in the center is the USS Vengeance....

#146 10 years ago

Underwhelmed by the art package - especially the red (premium?). But I am not a ST fan, so I could be biased...
On the other hand, I am interested by the PF design. Looking forward to play that game.

#147 10 years ago

I may pick up a translite as an alt for my STTNG.....

#148 10 years ago

This was going to be my first NIB, but now I am unsure. I already own a STTNG, and this looks so similar. Plus, the price increase...

#149 10 years ago

This game looks great. Steve Ritchie has never made a bad game!

#150 10 years ago

I think the LE cab, rails, translite, etc looks sweet! Here's to hoping it won't be $8k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 85.00
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 63.95
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 24.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.