lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 45.
#1301 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I won't be purchasing the game , but my brother in law who is new to the hobby desperately wants this machine so i'm trying to help him out. Between last night and today I've received quotes from 3 popular distribs on here and they were all between 7750 and 7900 shipped to my curb for the LE and 6500-6650 shipped for the premium. The last distrib I just spoke to told me they had already sold out of their allotment of 50 LEs and would not be taking any more deposits. It appears they may be selling a little better than most of us first anticipated...

That's cool. If he can get it shipped to his curb for $7750 then that's the best deal I've heard yet. But IMHO it's a ridiculous price (yep, said it again) and I think Stern is destroying this hobby with their shortsightedness and greedy cash grab. I certainly think the bubble could burst with this one and the folks buying this pin should be prepared to possibly lose equity on this one. Many won't care and that's fine too (and I'll reconsider buying it when they sell for 7K or less.)

#1302 10 years ago

When this pinball machine projects the Milky Way galaxy into your game room the same way that R2D2 projected a holographic image of Princess Leia in Star Wars, I think that a lot of the haters will shut up and plunk down their credit cards. None of this matters except for one thing. Laser Starfield Playfield projector!!!

#1303 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Umm, I'm not getting one. Took a refund (no-brainer sadly). But after waiting so long for this title that I WAS excited about I'm pretty sure I can express my disappointment in Stern if I feel like it (I see your handle is not just a clever nickname.)

I have to agree with Expletive. You gave your opinion. You gave it again, then again, then again...
We get it. You don't like the way it looks so you cancelled your order.
So you're just going to sling mud now? Why don't you go post on a thread about Sterns next pin, or what you did today instead?
Cause honestly? After your 10th post, I think we're all getting tired of your rant.

Apologies: 12th post... In the last THREE pages!

#1304 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And like you said, there was virtually no pre-hype regarding MET.

Sorry, it was intentional

#1305 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I have to agree with Expletive. You gave your opinion. You gave it again, then again, then again...
We get it. You don't like the way it looks so you cancelled your order.
So you're just going to sling mud now? Why don't you go post on a thread about Sterns next pin, or what you did today instead?

Apparently you don't get it. Although you're right, this is the worst incorporated theme into a pin ever, my biggest problem is Stern's pricing which I think is terrible for the hobby long term.
Here's a thought ... if you don't like my posts why don't you just stop reading them?? How difficult is that Einstein?
If you're throwing your money into this and you think my posts are in some way hurting your future value in the game then so sorry to hurt your feelings. Wah.

#1306 10 years ago

Is the playfield as nice as a mid 90's BW? No, but out of all of the Sterns that have come out in the last decade, I would put it in the top 10 and that is no lie. I think the overall package is really nice and attractive.

#1307 10 years ago

I was told by one distributor that they didn't think the LEs would hang around long. Already received deposits after sending out an e-mail in the morning. If I go with it, I'll probably go with the Premium. I definitely have to play it first and I'm not sure I could justify the extra $1000+ for the LE. Wasn't a fan of the red side rails at first, but it's growing on me and I think blends well with the cabinet and backglass.

Little disappointed in the pro. The game seems like it'll have a heavy emphasis on the lights. Sure it has switched to LEDs, but the fact that the Premium has 60 tri-color to the Pro's 7 makes me think it'll look dramatically different. And I'm not digging the price on the Pro either. One thing I will say is that it has the most attractive cabinet/backglass combo out of any.

#1308 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sorry, it was intentional

Hahaha!

Best post in the entire thread.

BIG THUMBS UP!!

#1309 10 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

...but he did mention that Stern's Star Trek is a completely different game than ST:TNG...

Yes, completely different except...

Same Alpha ramp shot.
Same Beta ramp shot.
Same Delta ramp shot.
Same three flippers.
Same shoot bad guy ship in the center.
Same right loop shot.
Same left loop shot.
Same spinner.
Same kickback.
Same pops.
Same theme.
Same DMD.

Aside from that, it's completely different.

I don't doubt that when finished it will probably be extremely fun to play, most Richie games are. That doesn't change the fact that the similarities of the two, at least from a playfield layout, are MUCH more similar than they are different.

I'll still be first in line to play one when given the chance, that is instead of owning one, which I had planned on for months before the video and pictures.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#1310 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

my biggest problem is Stern's pricing

Yes, we know. You've said it a million times now!

#1311 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I guess the good news is that if they are advertising up front 6 main modes and 18 mini modes for ST that they are committed to completing it no matter what at some point.

If I was a dummy that was buying my first pinball machine, and knew nothing about unfinished code, I would expect to get what was advertised straight out of the box, especially if I was paying in excess of $8000 for it. And this may very well happen (somebody expecting this that is).

#1312 10 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I was told by one distributor that they didn't think the LEs would hang around long.

lol. That's funny. Every distributor says that on every game. Like a used car salesman says about every car. They are sales people (albeit, certainly can't blame them.)

#1313 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I won't be purchasing the game , but my brother in law who is new to the hobby desperately wants this machine so i'm trying to help him out. Between last night and today I've received quotes from 3 popular distribs on here and they were all between 7750 and 7900 shipped to my curb for the LE and 6500-6650 shipped for the premium. The last distrib I just spoke to told me they had already sold out of their allotment of 50 LEs and would not be taking any more deposits. It appears they may be selling a little better than most of us first anticipated...

Hey Goaler,

I'll have a pro available soon at Lanes and Games in Cambridge, MA for your brother in law, he can try before he buys. I'll be glad to quote you as well.

#1314 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Xmen looks way better than this. Hopefully this is more to see than what we see here. I am glad there aren't movie stills on the playfield though.

Cool. So that means I should wait and pick up a Star Trek LE for $5,500 in 3 months.

#1315 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Cool. So that means I should wait and pick up a Star Trek LE for $5,500 in 3 months.

Only reason someone would be selling their STLE in 3 months is if the game sucks. You still buying it then?

#1316 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Yes, completely different except...
Same Alpha ramp shot.
Same Beta ramp shot.
Same Delta ramp shot.
Same three flippers.
Same shoot bad guy ship in the center.
Same right loop shot.
Same left loop shot.
Same spinner.
Same kickback.
Same pops.
Same theme.
Same DMD.
Aside from that, it's completely different.
I don't doubt that when finished it will probably be extremely fun to play, most Richie games are. That doesn't change the fact that the similarities of the two, at least from a playfield layout, are MUCH more similar than they are different.
I'll still be first in line to play one when given the chance, that is instead of owning one, which I had planned on for months before the video and pictures.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Lot of people said:
ACDC = T2

Then a ton of people played it and saw the differences. Design, software, sound, art, DMD/LCD, really makes the difference.

#1317 10 years ago

No kickback on the pro version. So, you pay more to have that handicap? That's BS.

Also, Stern should have just put a cropped version of the money shot from the first movie in the center of the playfield along with a dark star field which would have looked much better than the orange/red mess that's present. If they need to save costs, then dump the Enterprise toy which looks like an afterthought in the position that it is.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1318 10 years ago

I don't think this pin will play anything like STTNG at all. Just because there are a few same shot locations does not mean this is a replica and will play similarly. That stuff gets blown out of proportion most of the time IMO. Almost after every pin is released this is a response from someone and most of the time after people play it they see that they don't play anything alike and the comparison ends there. IMO this game will play much more like SM than STTNG.

#1319 10 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

spfxted,
you drew a huge SCHLONG on that pro playfield bro

damn! I just had shasta come out my nostrils! Thats funny shit dude

#1320 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Only reason someone would be selling their STLE in 3 months is if the game sucks. You still buying it then?

799 LE's! That's quite a few. People sell for all kinds of reasons. Need the money. A new title comes along they "must have" and need to make room. If Stern's next game is the first with an LCD from them I suspect that will be a high-demand game. Maybe not so cheap in 3 months but within 12-15 months I bet you'll have little trouble picking up an STLE if you like the game.

#1321 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Really? If Coasterguy gets one it'll be gone in a week...maybe sooner if he starts posting how much he likes it. Same with many others here. Same with every machine. Every time.

#1322 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

So by standard deduction we can conclude that X-Men sucks.

#1323 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Do you mean like the screen saver on my old PC?

If Flying Toasters (or better yet MOWING MAN) show up, I'm in for 8 large.

#1324 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Wow eggbert52 bashing Xmen in a non Xmen thread again..............how surprising
Moderators can we get him/her and that other troll CraZ4Pin off this thread and somewhere more useful for them like in a bottle of booze so they can bitch about life together.

#1325 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nothing I'm 2/3's there...but I'll gladly pay you 6K for your LE in 8 months.

I hope you got The Shadow already, didn't you hear? My translite is gonna make it $10k by December 25th.

#1326 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Wow eggbert52 bashing Xmen in a non Xmen thread again..............how surprising
Moderators can we get him/her and that other troll CraZ4Pin off this thread and somewhere more useful for them like a bottle of booze so they can bitch about life together.

I'm a troll because I had some criticism for Stern on ST?? I currently have 3 Stern games. Love them!! I actually do like ST ... not becuase it has anything to do with Star Trek (it's a generic space game to me) but becuase the game does look fun and Steve rocks. I've already stated I'm looking at possibly getting a Premium. So get over yourself. If you want to cozy up to other Stern lovers who will never discuss the problems/concerns customers should have, then I suggest you stick to Stern's Facebook page. They do a pretty good job deleting negative posts on their page instantly. 24-7.

Edit: Sorry. Make that "4" Stern games. Just bought an ACDC Prem today for 5900 with part of the money I got back from my STLE deposit.

#1327 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm a troll because I had some criticism for Stern on ST??

No, that doesn't make you a troll.

But when you get to the point where you are repeating it ad nausea, *that* gets you closer to being a troll.

#1329 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

At three months it did Took a long time, but it's improved a lot since then (finally!).

I'm on the fence for STLE. Put down a deposit a while ago as I held out hope that this one would blow my mind between the theme and Ritchie. I just don't think I can shell out $8k when I have a similar SM layout in the lineup. With 60% more LE out there than normal, I just can't get over the fact that it should be easy to pick one up down the road if gameplay proves to be as good and expected. Too many unknowns without seeing the gameplay, voice callouts, dots, and laser effects. If they deliver on the promise of multiple modes and mini-modes, this could be a very deep game though. Aargh.

Scott

#1330 10 years ago

double

#1331 10 years ago

it doesn't have the same wide open space the Original STTNG (Widebody)design has ,so of course it will play faster ,less travel time, no subways with all them VUK troughs that make that game so dang heavy and a burden to clean .. So a STTNG on steroids and better light show...

I no longer have my STTNG so I think I am in , Now what model, So so many .

But dang Sterns Pricing on LE to premiums SUX

#1332 10 years ago

I think Stern deserves the Extra 1400 from us High end Snobby customers that can afford the LE so they all can get a big old new years bonus there at Stern. Make More Pinballs .

Play more pinball

#1333 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

You might regret selling your STTNG... unless you don't like that pin of course. I'm not sure they will play the same, but either way play one before you decide.
Cheers

Nice dog

#1334 10 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

it doesn't have the same wide open space the Original STTNG (Widebody)design has ,so of course it will play faster ,less travel time, no subways with all them VUK troughs that make that game so dang heavy and a burden to clean .. So a STTNG on steroids and better light show...

Exactly. Like Flight 2000 and Gamatron. Gamatron has the exact same layout as Flight 2000 but is a much better and faster game. Not that I'm saying ST is just like STTNG.

These comparisons have been going on for as long as I can remember. Every time a new game comes out somebody has to find another game that's similar and claim the new game is a copy cat.

#1335 10 years ago

i love this site trolls calling trolls trolls and people getting all pissed because of slight crticism on a few pictures and that goes for all those WOZ threads too! grin and bear it people its all in good fun those who take it far too much to heart, like you designed and built the thing.........keep it up I love it! Oh Im liking the design and looks pretty cool and I have played many Sterns and NEVER had the desire to pick one up, till this came along! Right theme, and im banking on the game play too! I like variety in my pins and right now Im after a theme for me and fast. This could be it! Price Meh it will settle where its suppose too once many play. Will roll the dice and where ever she lands so be it! Im waiting to play!

#1336 10 years ago

10K Federation credits by Christmas?

#1337 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

10K Federation credits by Christmas?

Any new big time info buddy?

#1338 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I don't think this pin will play anything like STTNG at all. Just because there are a few same shot locations does not mean this is a replica and will play similarly. That stuff gets blown out of proportion most of the time IMO. Almost after every pin is released this is a response from someone and most of the time after people play it they see that they don't play anything alike and the comparison ends there. IMO this game will play much more like SM than STTNG.

I feel the same way, which is no surprise as our opinions usually match up. But even though it's similar to existing pins, I do feel that, like Tron, this game is going to be all about the experience of playing it. I think the light show will play a huge part in the immersion factor here, hopefully.

And even with a similar ramp layout to STTNG and SM to a lesser extent, ST will flow way better, I think. No one pushes the fact that the warp ramp circles back around to feed the orbit back to the upper flipper, not feeding back around the the right ramp. The VUK is also going to fire the pinball directly up into and through the warp shot, which means the VUK feeds the upper flipper. This is going to create some awesome loop shot combos a'la DW or Shadow, but possibly a bit faster than both of those. Might be a really bitching' shot to hit successively.

Of course my final judgement will be reserved for when I play it, but looking at the how these shots seem to interact with one another just makes me think it's going to feel different, even with the similar layout.

By the way, I've gone on record with my opinion that Tron's playfield is art is pretty boring and bad, and the shots are fairly straightforward. Were we to be just seeing that playfield only nowadays, we'd probably be lambasting it as well. But the code, sound and lightshow integration are what makes Tron an exceptional game and a winner. All those factors that make Tron tick can't be measured in playfield shots or a quick veiled cosmetic teaser video. I hope, for Stern's sake, that the gameplay videos and quick tutorial/features video from Steve will really make things come together.

#1339 10 years ago

Anybody have any information on ship dates? Still on the fence. Premium seems like the way to go. That means I'll get to see how the Pro does, then the LE (all 800 units), then finally the premium will be out.. a few months past the inital pro delivery, so lots of time to decide.

#1340 10 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Any new big time info buddy?

I hear JJP will have an LCD on the Hobbit.

#1341 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm a troll because

You're not a troll. It's political correctness gone amuck.

#1342 10 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anybody have any information on ship dates? Still on the fence. Premium seems like the way to go. That means I'll get to see how the Pro does, then the LE (all 800 units), then finally the premium will be out.. a few months past the inital pro delivery, so lots of time to decide.

I was told 2 weeks til Pro, 2 weeks after that are the LEs, and Premium in early November.
However, those numbers are estimates. Take em with a grain of salt.

#1343 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

WoZ owners got literally nothing more.

I don't think this word means what you think it means

Oh, and the price difference between WOZ models is what, $500?

Tiki. Fail.

#1344 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You are missing the point though. The fact that the distributors bought all of these so quickly and means they are confident that they can sell them...despite some of the negativity on Pinside.

Automated probably strong armed 400 of the 799 and will try selling them for 10k.

#1345 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Here's a thought ... if you don't like my posts why don't you just stop reading them?? How difficult is that Einstein?

You're right - that "ignore" button was right there where I left it.

#1346 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don't think this word means what you think it means

Oh, and the price difference between WOZ models is what, $500?
Tiki. Fail.

I would have thought you and Teekee would be tight? You guys lead the league in thumbs down every year.

#1347 10 years ago

STTNG is lame; no shots down below, but this game looks sick ohh and napabar should probably go climb in a hole somewhere. I told you no DMD and guess what I was right SHOCKER anyway guys Tanio Klyce is the head of software on this GAME

#1348 10 years ago

Stern released what looks like a great game which many of us will own and most of us will spend endless hours enjoying. Shame on them. I can truly understand why so many people here are bitching.

Seriously though, the over reacting, jealousy, fan boyism and group-think here on Pinside make me want to puke at times like this. It truly is shameful. Funny thing is this game will certainly be #1 (edit: for a little while) on the pinside 100 within no time despite all of the childish moaning and it will hold its value despite all the bitching about pricing.

#1349 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, that doesn't make you a troll.
But when you get to the point where you are repeating it ad nausea, *that* gets you closer to being a troll.

Rob, would it be ok if I use your definition of a troll in other threads? It seems like a good definition. Not the only one, but there are quite a few users here that seem to repeat the same distaste of machines over and over. I'd just like your approval to let them know that by your definition, they are trolls.

#1350 10 years ago

I think people forget that some of these titles have non-pinball buyers too. Lot of Trekkies who have no problem travelling the world and spending insane amounts of money on memorabilia. I imagine some of these machines will wind up in their basements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.