lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 45.
#1151 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I know people will say to justify the price increase but by that logic new houses should get bigger and more hi tech for all the real estate price increases but instead they get smaller and more cheaply made.

So we should expect to pay more for cheaper when JJP, Jpop and others aren't going in that direction? I don't like Tron at all and one that believes the price has to justified before buying but to each his own....

#1152 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Secret inside info: The raptor from JP is actually piloting the ship.

I thought it was Robocop.

#1153 10 years ago

It's a free market. Stern (or anyone else) can ask for whatever they want, we decide if we want to pay it. For me, "fun factor" trumps everything else. So if Stern delivered high on that metric, then they have given me value for my money.

#1154 10 years ago

He should be on the backglass too. Was in charge of the USS Vengeance longer than Khan.

img_7763.jpgimg_7763.jpg

#1155 10 years ago

Did I miss something, or did Stern intentionally leave out the reference to the voice actors on the description of the ST pin? Wouldn't Stern trumpet the fact that they had Cumberbatch, Pine, Quinto, or Bana as voice actors ... if they did?

#1156 10 years ago

I'm predicting a "voice of the computer" like Tron, combined with movie samples.

#1157 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You're Nucking Futs. People have pulled out of the LE in what sounds like large numbers this morning (including me.) Stern is getting an earful right now from distributors I guarantee it.
I still might consider the Premium like others ... but no sense not just waiting now.

premiums are awesome! the le , if it lives up to expectations and is awesome and worthy of the price it commands, you can buy at any time without having to feel rushed into a major purchase decision.

premiums seem sensible, all le's are for the nucking fut suckers anyway

#1158 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got to cancel my pre order within 48 hours......

You should definitely cancel your pre-order ,take the money and buy two WOZ! That way you do JJP a favor and have a back up WOZ when the other one is down for repairs !

#1159 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's a free market. Stern (or anyone else) can ask for whatever they want, we decide if we want to pay it. For me, "fun factor" trumps everything else. So if Stern delivered high on that metric, then they have given me value for my money.

Yep, they certainly can. I just think they're going to realize they overestimated demand for the LE at that price.
If the "fun factor" is what matters to you most then I assume you would just go with the Premium where you have all the "fun" elements that the LE has, right?

#1160 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You should definitely cancel your pre-order ,take the money and buy two WOZ! That way you do JJP a favor and have a back up WOZ when the other one is down for repairs !

Funny guy Jimmy Mac, I'm going the route of your avatar, how many STLE's are you picking up?

#1161 10 years ago

Weird..
Haven't see the 'STLE is sold out' post on Stern's Facebook page...

#1162 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Totally disagree! Why an LE version at all then? The LE buyers better get something much more for price differences. WoZ owners got literally nothing more.

...but there's the Premium. Stern Premium/LE is just like Jack's Standard/LE. Woz owners don't "literally" get nothing more...they get shaker, green trim, invisiglass, topper, apron - just like Stern Prem vs. LE. If you get a STLE you get different glass & decals, shaker, blue lit up rails, different lit up speaker panel. In both cases, playfield & game features are exactly the same.

#1163 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Weird..

LOL. Sold out. That's funny.

#1164 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Weird..

Good catch.
Nothing like Metallica so far.

#1165 10 years ago

I agree, there is pretty much no toys on Tron pro and no one bitches about it? And Tron is an awesome game even with the lack of toys. So why is everyone so worried about toys on Star Trek? I know people will say to justify the price increase but by that logic new houses should get bigger and more hi tech for all the real estate price increases but instead they get smaller and more cheaply made.

Well, at least one person does.. so there! ... I have no idea why anyone likes tron, especially the pro.. due to the lack of toys. I've played it, it's boring to me. Star Trek at least has more going on than Tron, so there's that

#1166 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I have no idea why anyone likes tron

I agree. I have tried and tried to like Tron, but I just don't get the excitement.

#1167 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm predicting a "voice of the computer" like Tron, combined with movie samples.

at this price i hope they have the real actors voice but i think you are right, computor as the main voice.
real voices will cost us another $500

#1168 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

at this price i hope they have the real actors voice but i think you are right, computor as the main voice.
real voices will cost us another $500

Computer voice will be done by the woman that does it for the movies. Custom speech for Klingon and an admiral.

#1169 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Did I miss something, or did Stern intentionally leave out the reference to the voice actors on the description of the ST pin? Wouldn't Stern trumpet the fact that they had Cumberbatch, Pine, Quinto, or Bana as voice actors ... if they did?

Ugh, if they can't at least use some original voice work from the films that would be a bummer. How did Stern pull off getting custom speech work done for LOTR when that game was $4k new but today can't do the same thing and in some cases not even use voice work from films for an $8k game?

#1170 10 years ago

Do you think the lack of a lot of specifics about the movie on the playfield and perhaps voice call outs is so that it has the broadest appeal vs only about the latest reboot of the franchise? so more generic star trek?

#1171 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Computer voice will be done by the woman that does it for the movies.

She died...but it's prob her official replacement for the franchise.

#1172 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

She died...but it's prob her official replacement for the franchise.

Not from the first movies, from Into Darkness.

#1173 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

WOW... Super Flash Spinning Target with Holographic Motion
=
reflective sticker on the spinner.

Yo! Not a "reflective sticker on the spinner", but a "HOLOGRAPHIC reflective sticker on the spinner"! That is WAY better!

#1174 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Do you think the lack of a lot of specifics about the movie on the playfield and perhaps voice call outs is so that it has the broadest appeal vs only about the latest reboot of the franchise? so more generic Star Trek?

Nah, my guess - they wanted clarity vs. clutter...and if the licensor was only allowing them to use product style-guide stuff for the playfield, the route they went was better than making it look like another Avengers cut-n-paste.

Of course if I had to nitpick I'd change a few details and aesthetics on the playfield art, but overall I get what they were going for: Battle in space. You have the two ships w/ asteroids floating over space! The minimal starmaps & tech art make it a bit Trekkish....and the inserts and info are all very clear.

The characters/personality will come from the DMD & sound.

#1175 10 years ago

I love the tribute to STTNG with the alpha, beta, and delta quadrant ramp shots, and the battle against the evil ship dominating the upper middle playfield. this looks super fun, and the brighter colors actually match the aesthetic of the interior of the latest enterprise.

my one complaint is the bluish-grey graphics on the lower part of the playfield. they look very cartoonish, like amateur 90's Photoshop.

#1176 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Haha, why are you shocked? You posted a bunch about yourself in your pinball party thread including a link to your facebook page. We even had a conversation about your name-sake sandwich........

I forgot!

#1177 10 years ago

I think the thing that will make/break this game is the software. The PF layout looks very good. If the software is good, I'd say its a winner.

TBH, if I had the cash, this looks like a game I would buy.

#1178 10 years ago

My order for LE is in , and that's that
Hope to get it in before my big Anual pinball party in December
Shields up !!

#1179 10 years ago

It's funny but if you sit on Stern's FB page and keep refreshing it, you'll see posts that are not very positive about ST and the pricing ... and they almost immediately get deleted by the time you refresh the page again. I feel sorry for the person whose full time job at Stern is to sit there constantly refreshing their FB page and clicking the Delete button.

#1180 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yo! Not a "reflective sticker on the spinner", but a "HOLOGRAPHIC reflective sticker on the spinner"! That is WAY better!

yeah this sticker alone is a big investment, why do you think the price is so high.

#1181 10 years ago

Come on more info.

I lost my shirt on the XM LE fiasco but was still considering ST LE even at these insane prices.

But, but, I need more info - or will just surf the wave until it hits the beach and then I am out and onto Spooky's game.

#1182 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Come on more info.
I lost my shirt on the XM LE fiasco but was still considering ST LE even at these insane prices.
But, but, I need more info - or will just surf the wave until it hits the beach and then I am out and onto Spooky's game.

Yeah, ST is obviously GOOD. But at these prices and given previous fiascos, it needs to be GREAT.

At this point, it isn't obvious: it MIGHT very well be GREAT, but I need more info, like footage and the laser show, to demonstrate that greatness.

Until then, time to soup up the TNG.

#1183 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Yep, they certainly can. I just think they're going to realize they overestimated demand for the LE at that price.
If the "fun factor" is what matters to you most then I assume you would just go with the Premium where you have all the "fun" elements that the LE has, right?

As if the premium has a normal price.

Facepalm.

#1184 10 years ago

edit

doublepost, apoligies to you guys and a facepalm for myself, .

#1185 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

As if the premium has a normal price.
Facepalm.

If you buy from a "good" distributor, then ...yes...the Premium has a good price (IMO)

#1186 10 years ago

Prem/LE vs Pro PF

stern-star-trek-compare-playfields-980.jpgstern-star-trek-compare-playfields-980.jpg

#1187 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you buy from a "good" distributor, then ...yes...the Premium has a good price (IMO)

Ok, fair enough, but i cant agree.

The prices are to high, and in a few years this hobby only contains spoiled rich people with their own gameroom and 25+ pins.

Which is just not healthy enough to last.

#1188 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Prem/LE vs Pro PF

Is it me or does the pro have different plastics on the slings??

#1189 10 years ago

Updated original post to link to actual confirmed info. Removed all speculation junk.

Odd that between the two playfields the premium drops balls from the habitrails above the inlane switches, and the pro drops them on the switches for extra wear...

I think static pics of the pro playfield look better due to the colored inserts. Hopefully in person the led lighting thru clear inserts holds up as it kinda looks 'faded' in static pictures.

#1190 10 years ago

Is it me or does the pro have different plastics on the slings??

No just different color of LED under it.

#1191 10 years ago

The more I think on this, I may end up getting this game (depending on gameplay, sounds, dots,etc) it would be a Premium, unless at the time I opt to make the purchase the LE dropped like an atmosphere entering asteroid in price (pun intended hehehe).

I just really want to blow that big ship up in the center of the playfield, I feel like it taunting me every time I look at these pictures. F-ers!

#1192 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Ah ok. The premium/LE looks way better. Up here apparently the price difference between the premium and LE is $500, so I'm going LE!

#1193 10 years ago

Until I see this laser projection thing and the crash sequence this is a pass for me, but I can't wait to play it.

Looks great, but I won't be content with a pro, and my Metallica purchase stemmed from loving the band.

#1194 10 years ago

The lights look like they are forward.

#1195 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Prem/LE vs Pro PF

Oof. I missed that in the model/feature matrix. There is no USS Enterprise on the Pro version?? So the ONLY element on the entire playfield from the new Star Trek movies at all, is a model of the USS Vengence? Crazy. That qualifies as making this a "Star Trek" pin? So it really is Premium or bust for me I guess.

#1196 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Prem/LE vs Pro PF

I wondered how long it would take for that image from my article to make it here. Was frustrating to not be able to publish it until this morning with things leaking all over the place, but I'd agreed to the embargo.

#1197 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Oof. I missed that in the model/feature matrix. There is no USS Enterprise on the Pro version?? So the ONLY element on the entire playfield from the new Star Trek movies at all, is a model of the USS Vengence? Crazy. That qualifies as making this a "Star Trek" pin? So it really is Premium or bust for me I guess.

There is also 9 Star Trek emblems on the playfield.

#1198 10 years ago

Up here apparently the price difference between the premium and LE is $500, so I'm going LE!

Are you serious? Over here it is a $1400-$1500 difference. Are you all paying a lot more for the Premium or what?

Quoted from spfxted:

The lights look like they are forward

Not sure what you are talking about here?

#1199 10 years ago

Are you serious? Over here it is a $1400-$1500 difference. Are you all paying a lot more for the Premium or what?

yep. $7,895 for the LE and premium is $500 less than that. But then add 13% sales tax to those figures. WOW.

#1200 10 years ago

I wondered how long it would take for that image from my article to make it here.

Oh!...sorry about that! A friend just sent me the image.

stern-star-trek-compare-playfields-980.jpgstern-star-trek-compare-playfields-980.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.