lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 45.
#1051 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

They talk about the game making you feel like flying through space. So I'm guessing at times the game goes dark and the little dots fly across the playfield.

Good thought.

#1052 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

They talk about the game making you feel like flying through space. So I'm guessing at times the game goes dark and the little dots fly across the playfield.

#1053 10 years ago

Alex, I'm glad you are back, but so far all of your posts have been basically a put-down on the unseen star projector.

Back to JJP employees saying negative things about Stern over and over?

#1054 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

At least you can't take a Standard and turn it into an LE cheaply and with ease...
Stern actually gives you 3 different models unlike someone else who gives you a Standard and calls it an LE...

Lol! You can't easily powder coat parts and make it look like the high quality powder coat job on a WOZLE. Also unique topper and apron. I rather have standard and LE's share the same playfield / toys to prevent having to code for two separate machines. Also, WOZ standard is still an incredible and fully loaded game for the price. Anyway, STLE looks pretty cool but not $8k when JJP is offering far more for the same price and in some cases cheaper.

#1055 10 years ago

Alex, I'm glad you are back too, but I'd suggest you stay in the helpful woz threads, cause this is petty.

#1056 10 years ago

All I need is the details, then the check is/is not written soon.

Scott

#1057 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Alex, I'm glad you are back too, but I'd suggest you stay in the helpful woz threads, cause this is petty.

?? I'm an ST buyer. I just immediately thought of that because my son has one. Anyone with young kids has seen that commercial about 10000 times.

#1058 10 years ago

Price high due to license rights??

#1059 10 years ago

799 ST LE's are Not exactly collectable? guys i lost track of this, because i do think its collectable.. the Adams Family GOLD has have made 1000 versions of it.. are u telling me that the TAFG also isnt collectable because it is has 1000 made? offcourse it is

give me an break!

#1060 10 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Price high due to license rights??

That may have very well played a part in pricing the machine as well as if audio tracks from the film are being used.

#1061 10 years ago

i see a lot more AFM in this machine than ST:TNG. price wise, that is.

i'll pick one up next year when it should be close to the bottom before it rises back up in value, because Dolly Parton LE will have a $10,500 price tag, and laser beams.

#1062 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That may have very well played a part in pricing the machine as well as if audio tracks from the film are being used.

There is only one audio track being used. It is this guys and will play in the start and end of a game.

All other music is by Thiel, are all orchestral except one.

#1063 10 years ago

Looks like the projector may be in the area directly under the ship as there is a ruby lens about 1x1 from the looks of it.

#1064 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks like the projector may be in the area directly under the ship as there is a ruby lens about 1x1 from the looks of it.

Saw that too, that's where it is and makes sense, lasers shoot from ships!

#1065 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sounds awesome.

Will be pretty powerful to be seen without the use of fog/smoke...

In any case its exciting all around. Cant wait to play one of see some HD play video.

#1066 10 years ago

does WOZ need to be in every thread? It's like the friggin kool aid man

koolaid.jpgkoolaid.jpg

#1067 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

There is only one audio track being used. It is this guys and will play in the start and end of a game. » YouTube video
All other music is by Thiel, are all orchestral except one.

Thats a good one! I thought that the main theme track played in Sterns trailer would have been in the game for sure. That would be awesome to hear at times while playing.

#1068 10 years ago

Gotta say I'm back-peddling my initial opinion at about warp 3. New pics plus the feature list have me getting pretty excited again. I'm even warming up to the premium with the red trim. The new pics make it look a little better and I'm really thinking this will be one that will look much better in person. Same with the playfield...especially now knowing there will be some sort of laser starfield effect going on. I initially though the playfield artwork and colors didn't make any sense, but picturing what they could do with the lasers and the color changing inserts, it could be perfect. I am much more optimistic than I was at first sight!

I still think having one side-by-side with STTNG in a smallish collection like mine might be a mistake, especially with how I like variety in my collection. But I will admit I'm back to seriously considering selling my STTNG for this. That's definitely the only way I could consider an LE at this point. The prices are pretty harsh...no arguement there.

#1069 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Owners might also want to get the nylon protector washers from Pinballife that prevent the leg nuts from scraping the powdercoat off of the legs. They are pretty thick and not expensive at all.

I have these on my X-Men, they work great!!

Also put felt between the cab protector and the inside of the leg.

#1070 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

does WOZ need to be in every thread? It's like the friggin kool aid man

Lol! That made me laugh pretty good.

#1071 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

At least you can't take a Pro and turn it into an LE cheaply and with ease...
Stern actually gives you 3 different models unlike someone else who gives you a Standard, changes the color of the body armor and calls it an LE...

So, you would be more impressed if there were a WOZ ITSATSG Edition below the Standard? (That's "Is This Still Actually The Same Game" for those unfamiliar.) All Jack would really have to do is rip out 90% of the custom moulded toys, 50% of the major features and 65% of the minor features, and there's your new version. But what would the point be? That's not what they want to build.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

While I'm personally disappointed with the complete lack of characters/scenes from the movie anywhere on the playfield (artwork/plastics/figures)

I hadn't really considered this, but you have a point. I mean is what's on the playfield and plastic set actually ARTWORK... or is more akin to a fancy Powerpoint slide of sales projections? I certainly don't see the creativity I see on Met or FG or TSPP, or even some of the better Photoshop compositions.

#1072 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

At least you can't take a Pro and turn it into an LE cheaply and with ease...
Stern actually gives you 3 different models unlike someone else who gives you a Standard, changes the color of the body armor and calls it an LE...

The LE games should never have gameplay differences, period. They should all play the same which is what JJP was going for.

#1073 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm even warming up to the premium with the red trim. The new pics make it look a little better and I'm really thinking this will be one that will look much better in person.

I agree with this. The Premium is starting to grow on me too, the red trim actually fits well with the playfield pics I'm seeing and it is the Vengeance model after all, so red is for the bad guys. Also, the Vengeance firing on the Enterprise going through warp is a pretty cool scene on the side cabinet. I'm torn on the translites still. I like each one a little differently. In the end, a custom one may be the way to go.

I will likely wait to see what the 2nd run of premiums look like before making any sort of decision one way or another.

#1074 10 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

The LE games should never have gameplay differences, period. They should all play the same which is what JJP was going for.

Totally disagree! Why an LE version at all then? The LE buyers better get something much more for price differences. WoZ owners got literally nothing more.

#1075 10 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

799 ST LE's are Not exactly collectable? guys i lost track of this, because i do think its collectable.. the Adams Family GOLD has have made 1000 versions of it.. are u telling me that the TAFG also isnt collectable because it is has 1000 made? offcourse it is
give me an break!

Umm.... yeah.

TAFG is "collectible" because people are generally foolish with their dollars, and have been especially so in the pinball market in the last few years.

This pin will strain even the most starry eyed noobs brains, what with a very similar design and ? sound (note the features matrix makes no mention of the audio, but considers having "flippers" a feature). Will they rush out to buy an LE when TNG has been around at half the price for well... forever.

People in this thread fretting over colors, backbox design, speaker panel looks etc. OVER actual gameplay are crazy. It is nice that a game looks nice, but gameplay should trump everything. It is these buyers who seem to be too happy plunking down cash on sight alone, then wonder why Stern releases "sub-optimal" code.

I am sure this will be a fun game I enjoy, will it trump TNG in terms of all around greatness... very doubtful. Will the LE double in price? No. Will the LE maintain its price... very doubtful otherwise TNG would not be a 4K game today.

#1076 10 years ago

The $1400 spread between the street price of the LE and the Premium seems a bit excessive for the difference in what you get. A shaker motor, a mirrored glass, some nifty side rails, and a decent cab color scheme (nicer art composition IMO). Looks like Stern and dist. chain is looking to cash in on the collector market and pocket that flipper dough.

Does anyone see $1400 of value (other than appreciation potential if there is any)?

#1077 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Totally disagree! Why an LE version at all then? The LE buyers better get something much more for price differences. WoZ owners got literally nothing more.

JJP doesn't want to make a stripped down version of its games therefore the LE difference is not the $1300-$1500 difference found with Stern games due to the cost of playfield / cabinet parts. With a JJP LE you are paying on average $500 more for a unique topper, clear coated wood apron with LE plaque, signed certificate by design team, shaker, invisiglass and high quality powder coated parts. Thats a lot of extras for the price and it avoids having to code for two different versions of a game due to playfield differences.

#1078 10 years ago

Tron Lacks toys. The LE sells for close to 10k. Still an awesome game. So I don't think we have to worry about Star Trek.

#1079 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The Premium is starting to grow on me too

Steve Ritchie knows what he is doing. I can't wait to play this game.

#1080 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No way. You are waaaaay wrong Teekee.

WoZ LE buyers got to send money in to fund a startup, then wait, pray, hope, stress and agonize over if/when their game would get to them.

You can't put a price tag on that.

For some it has ended in financial tragedy, some are in it until the bloody end come hell or high water, some have bailed. But buying a WoZ LE put you on that train ride, for better or worse. Those buying the standards when readily available won't get the full LE experience.

#1081 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

No way. You are waaaaay wrong Teekee.
WoZ LE buyers got to send money in to fund a startup, then wait, pray, hope, stress and agonize over if/when their game would get to them.
You can't put a price tag on that.
For some it has ended in financial tragedy, some are in it until the bloody end come hell or high water, some have bailed. But buying a WoZ LE put you on that train ride, for better or worse. Those buying the standards when readily available won't get the full LE experience.

What about the couple hundred buyers who already have their games? May want to add that.

#1082 10 years ago

Duplicate post.

#1083 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What about the couple hundred buyers who already have their games? May want to add that.

They rode the train to its completion. Point? Some are still on it, some are off.

#1084 10 years ago

C'mon guys lets keep this thread about ST... I think the light show on this game is going to be something special! I can't wait to see some game play vids!!

#1085 10 years ago

Perhaps the laser star field isn't projected in the game, but from the game. Maybe it illuminates the ceiling, or the floor, causing stars to fill up your game room during certain modes. Could be turned off, of course, in the settings.

#1086 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Perhaps the laser star field isn't projected in the game, but from the game. Maybe it illuminates the ceiling, or the floor, causing stars to fill up your game room during certain modes. Could be turned off, of course, in the settings.

Wouldn't there be safety issues with that setup?

#1087 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Wouldn't there be safety issues with that setup?

Not if it's not a "laser" per say.

Projecting a disco ball style display on the ceiling/walls could make it feel like you are in warp speed.

I'm still really curious about the CGI enterprise stuff they had in their promo video. What was the point of that? Was that just a fun cut scene they made with their 3d model of the enterprise toy? Was it alluding to more?

#1088 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You must be new here.

This^. Funny.

#1089 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Very interesting idea!

#1090 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

I really like that idea. The police light on top of High Speed added a TON of fun ambiance to the multiball police chase in that game. I could see taking that to the next level.

Even if this isn't what they are doing, I bet a mod could be done to tie that idea in with whatever it is they ARE doing!

#1091 10 years ago

It could easily be inside the coffin with a small hole in the bottom, spraying out the stars all around the floor during certain modes.

Alternatively, it could be in the top of the machine, above the CPU boards and shining through a hole in the top, illuminating the ceiling with stars.

#1092 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Mind Blown.

#1093 10 years ago

Attached a a Full list of feature differences in the 3 models so there is no more speculation.

#1094 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Nah, I don't think so. I think the reason for intentionally leaving the middle of the playfield area bland (basically just red) is specifically so that the "laser" projection stands out.

#1095 10 years ago

Since there will be some sort of laser effect, I think it WOULD be easy to hitch a mod to it, to trigger at the same time, and give you that crazy discoball effect in your room.

#1096 10 years ago

Animated Playfield Laser Starfield Projector

Must....see.....video....demonstration....

#1097 10 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

Attached a a Full list of feature differences in the 3 models so there is no more speculation.

It was posted a few pages back last night around 10pm.

#1098 10 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

Vid already posted this earlier in the thread.

#1099 10 years ago

WOW... Super Flash Spinning Target with Holographic Motion

=

reflective sticker on the spinner.

#1100 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Nah, I don't think so. I think the reason for intentionally leaving the middle of the playfield area bland (basically just red) is specifically so that the "laser" projection stands out.

Wouldn't the playfield have been more black, to make white stars stand out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 15.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.95
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.