lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 45.
#851 10 years ago

Ok, I'll take a LE nice job. Yes, I see many games inside this PF but what was everyone expecting? Something new and totally different? come on it's Stern with a new name on the pin. It's called Star Trek with a new price. Stern has two more pins before the bottom fall's out! At least I'll have my 16 Stern machine I wanted.

#852 10 years ago

Creation of a product even for recreational use that employs lasers (even novelty laser pointers) is heavily regulated and must receive federal sign off before being produced. Interesting to see what additional certification the machine has which must be displayed.

http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/HomeBusinessandEntertainment/LaserProductsandInstruments/default.htm

Working on hardware (blu-ray and various other "laser" based products) you learn about the crap the government makes you do to push a product to market.

For our brothers and sisters to the north:

Here are Canada's requirements. http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/C.R.C.,_c._1370.pdf

#853 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Actually, I think it sounds potentially cool...anything that interacts with the playfield trumps the score display IMO. Yes, DMD should have been gone already - especially with a license that has plenty of HD color footage to use...but I'm really interested in seeing what this starfield projector is all about. Stands to be one of the coolest and unique light shows ever.

A cheesey laser show instead of an LCD? A (likely) 1-color laser show? That's tech from the 80's. To me it really is like coming out with an airplane 30 years after the jetplane was invented and saying "look what we've created, yay!!".
Sorry ... yeah, I'm disappointed.

#854 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks. I had to give props to the US team for qualifying for the 2014 World Cup with two games to spare. I will likely switch my Avatar back in a week or so.

Hell yeah! My company is currently in the process of starting up operations in Brazil. I need to find a way to convince my boss to send me there for a month next summer.

#855 10 years ago

Wait, looking at this again ... does it say DMD anywhere?? What if all 3 do come with an LCD still?

#856 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Creation of a product even for recreational use that employs lasers (even novelty laser pointers) is heavily regulated and must receive federal sign off before being produced. Interesting to see what additional certification the machine has which must be displayed.
http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/HomeBusinessandEntertainment/LaserProductsandInstruments/default.htm
Working on hardware (blu-ray and various other "laser" based products) you learn about the crap the government makes you do to push a product to market.
For our brothers and sisters to the north:
Here are Canada's requirements. http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/C.R.C.,_c._1370.pdf

Are you with the laser police?

#857 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Wait, looking at this again ... does it say DMD anywhere?? What if all 3 do come with an LCD still?

Stop...just....stop. It's a red DMD.

#858 10 years ago

I'd have to get the LE just because I hate the look of the Premium. The Pro is missing too much. Perhaps it could be possible to change the armor and trim of the Premium out for something better down the road. Matt at BackAlley might get some business customizing the armor. The game is sounding much cooler. It's a shame the art is taking all the attention away from what could be a very cool game. At 7K it would be a justifiable purchase NIB. Not so much at 8k+.

#859 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Nope. Just experienced in dealing with the filings needed. It's a pain in the ass. Lasers are goofy fun but dangerous as well. That's why aiming a laser pointer in the sky near an airport is now a federal offense I don't know if they are actually using lasers or just an led projection but we will find out soon enough.

#860 10 years ago

Inquiring minds want to know...

Is there a "YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME SLEEP!!! mode?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#861 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Nope. Just experienced in dealing with the filings needed. It's a pain in the ass. Lasers are goofy fun but dangerous as well. That's why aiming a laser pointer in the sky near an airport is now a federal offense I don't know if they are actually using lasers or just an led projection but we will find out soon enough.

Im going to guess it's not really a laser. These guys haven't even figured out lcds yet.

#862 10 years ago

The premium is the ugliest by far. That's out for me. It's Le or bust. Where's Teekee?

#863 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Im going to guess it's not really a laser. These guys haven't even figured out lcds yet.

Probably just an LED projection.

Like my son's dreamlight ninja turtle

#864 10 years ago

Great colour scheme. I hope it makes it's way onto The Pinball Arcade in the future. I want to play the real table as soon as I can too.

#866 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Probably just an LED projection.
Like my son's dreamlight ninja turtle

He's back!

#867 10 years ago

Looks like prem/LE will have clear inserts with rgbs

#868 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The premium is the ugliest by far. That's out for me. It's Le or bust. Where's Teekee?

While I'd rather see something more interesting than Photoshop poster head collage, Star Trek IS about the characters - and it's nice to see them on the Prem translite...it also evokes STTNG's translite somewhat. Red wouldn't have been my first choice for trim - but it does fit with the art package's color scheme - cabinet art colors are pretty just red/blue/black/white....lots of red lasers all over.

#869 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

That was a great Data East game from 1987. Great backglass art with hot chicks with big hair.

#870 10 years ago

Over 60 Controlled Tri-Color LEDs on Playfield with Clear Inserts

That is a HUGE step up from ACDC.... this will be an immense light show.

I'm really into lights, the lighting sounds really awesome. yeah yeah I know WOZ is out there, but WOZ does not get me excited... I think this game will kick ass.

#871 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really I think the premium is the nicest by far

#872 10 years ago

Red trim just doesn't go. Huge drop off from Metallica art. Really huge.

#873 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Really I think the premium is the nicest by far

Quoted from iceman44:

The best version would be the Pro Cabinet/Translite with the Premium/LE playfield and LE armor.

#874 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I heard pressing the lockdown bar button changes the art, toys, DMD, speaker panel, MDF head, completes the code & reduces the price $1500
Don't get me wrong, layout looks legit!

Okay... THAT was funny.

#875 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Over 60 Controlled Tri-Color LEDs on Playfield with Clear Inserts
That is a HUGE step up from ACDC.... this will be an immense light show.
I'm really into lights, the lighting sounds really awesome. yeah yeah I know WOZ is out there, but WOZ does not get me excited... I think this game will kick ass.

Yep, me too. Love the lights. Maybe that will make the difference but prob not at 8k

#876 10 years ago

Well Derek was right, the LE is about $1400.00 more than the Premium.

I don't see where that $1400.00 is over the Premium.

Thing is, I love ST too much, so I'm probably getting the LE anyway for the few extras that it does have, which I think will be cool.

#877 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Red trim just doesn't go.

I will have to agree with you on that Ice but, as far as the cabinet art goes, it has the best balance between all of the cabinet art.
If I pull the trigger on a premium, I'll be sure to change your mind with what I'll have in store for it.

#878 10 years ago

Wow! If it has lasers...total awesome factor. This is shapig up to be a radical pin. For those that are poopoo on the lasers...bet y'all hated on the lame ass color changing ramps on Tron LE as well...LAME.

#879 10 years ago

To a point . I wont be posting much but im possibly interested in ST.

#880 10 years ago

Remember, there will be 750 of these. Buy now or later? After you play and code is done? Hey, maybe code is done as they advertise all those modes

#881 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Red trim just doesn't go. Huge drop off from Metallica art. Really huge.

Well - that's ALL versions...nothing's gonna come close to Metallica art!

#882 10 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I will have to agree with you on that Ice but, as far as the cabinet art goes, it has the best balance between all of the cabinet art.
If I pull the trigger on a premium, I'll be sure to change your mind with what I'll have in store for it.

Ok. Can't wait to see it NP!

#883 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Remember, there will be 750 of these. Buy now or later? After you play and code is done? Hey, maybe code is done as they advertise all those modes

If they want to sell out immediately the best way to do it would be with complete code out of the box. It'll never happen, but one can dream that for $8K a finished product on day one would be a reality.

#884 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Actually, I think it sounds potentially cool...anything that interacts with the playfield trumps the score display IMO. Yes, DMD should have been gone already - especially with a license that has plenty of HD color footage to use...but I'm really interested in seeing what this starfield projector is all about. Stands to be one of the coolest and unique light shows ever.
Also, I guess I was wrong about the color changing insert LEDs...the feature sheet says the Prem/LE has 60 Tri-color LEDs under inserts vs. 7 on the Pro. Very cool. Still wanna play it first and see where code is. The more multi color LED FX possibilities there are, the longer coding them is gonna take. So far most of Metallica's multi-color inserts only do red & white...one does red/purple/pink.

If Lonnie does the code does that mean the game will have a road block?

#885 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well - that's ALL versions...nothing's gonna come close to MAIDEN art!

There, fixed that for you Rare!

#886 10 years ago

Tatio, Mike, Lonnie and the new software guy; sounds like a killer team to me that are focused and will get it done.

#887 10 years ago

They should have at least gone on field monitor WPT style. Warp speed Officer Sulu

#888 10 years ago

I read the feature list PDF. Thanks for the upload!

Anyway what a janky ass stripped down pointless Pro model

$5K gets a HUO TSPP, FGY or LOTR -/+ some cash

Or

ST Pro... Lol

Only way I will get ST is if Prem/LE hit $5K in the HUO market

#889 10 years ago

Might be a great game. But despite the current lovefest, I think Im still gonna save my 8k+

#890 10 years ago

No kickback on the pro?! FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

That is a freaking huge letdown. I can live without the other stuff, but that seems pretty damn integral to the design. I was all in on the pro, now I don't know.

#891 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I read the Feature list PDF. Thanks for the upload!

Agreed.

#892 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

If Lonnie does the code does that mean the game will have a road block?

LOL....look - they're shooting for the stars here (har har) and I hope it works out. 6 modes & 18 mini-modes...multiballs, mini-wizard, wizard....every LED with color change ability.....that's a LOT of stuff. Fingers crossed.

#893 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

No kickback on the pro?! FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
That is a freaking huge letdown. I can live without the other stuff, but that seems pretty damn integral to the design. I was all in on the pro, now I don't know.

The Pro guys will say no kickback makes the game faster

#894 10 years ago

Might be a great game. But despite the current lovefest, I think Im still gonna save my 8k+

Speak with your wallets guys!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#895 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL....look - they're shooting for the stars here (har har) and I hope it works out. 6 modes & 18 mini-modes...multiballs, mini-wizard, wizard....every LED with color change ability.....that's a LOT of stuff. Fingers crossed.

You assume.....could be all fast scoring modes. .
I hope your right.
I may consider the premium. The LE looks cool but if it's 8k I think it's getting to crazy. I don't even think I would be in at 7k.

#896 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So what do you really think PB?

I expect a repeat every third page of the thread with a new wrinkle or twist, good stuff!

#897 10 years ago

I see it only lists 4 pinballs, good or bad?

#898 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Or
ST Pro... Lol

But it has Leds.

#899 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I hope your right.
I may consider the premium. The LE looks cool but if it's 8k I think it's getting to crazy.

Yeah, I imagine that "mini modes" will be things like Hurry-Ups, Fast Scoring....perhaps objective completions like getting a few Super Jackpots, etc. The main modes will be traditional (timed?) missions like STTNG...some could be Multiballs. If I bite, I'm going Premium....unlesssssss there are still lots of LE's sitting with distribs and the price drops lol

#900 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I hope your right.
I may consider the premium. The LE looks cool but if it's 8k I think it's getting to crazy. I don't even think I would be in at 7k.

Problem is... Based on the quotes that have been bandied about, it looks like a Premium will be pushing $7K shipped, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.