lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg

There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 45.
#801 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

XM more than a year later is still not complete so you never know you could be right on the money with that one even though you were likely joking. That is another thing that really frustrates me about a rumored price bump their code from machine to machine is hit or miss and updates are too few and far between. For that type of customer service we should be getting a price decrease IMO. I don't like to be negative but this supposed price increase has me pretty frustrated.

Me too. Pump and dump. On to the next one. Unless there is a premium for it, we will only do code updates semi-annually.

#802 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Come on Greg. They said big surprise. They didn't say we just felt like porking you guys for more money because we felt like it.

It sure feels like a Ned Beatty ankle grabbing dry run!

#803 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

They'd better blow you for $8K+.

Because TDA can't officially endorse this kind of talk, I'll do it for him.

#804 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

They'd better blow you for $8K+.

Uhhh naw. They better hire some hotties to blow you for 8k! A rim job from Gary or SR ain't gonna cut it

#805 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Uhhh naw. They better hire some hotties to blow you for 8k! A rim job from Gary or SR ain't gonna cut it

I was referring to the scantily clad women popping out of the coin door.

#806 10 years ago

Yeah, my endorsement did not pertain to Steve or Gary. Thanks but no on that front.

#807 10 years ago

I've got a Tron and Avengers. Both are great games. I think both have near complete code. With that, I have issues with Avengers code. As soon as Metallica was released, Avengers lost future updates. Burned once, not burned again.

I've been debating a Metallica Pro vs Prem vs ACDC Prem. I'm at a loss.
I prefer the theme, art, ect of Metallica but I'm weighing ACDC higher due to gameplay and from what most people mention completed code. We're laying down some serious cash here that can instantly deminish if it doesn't have public approval or some sort of extra special feature.

Live long and prosper Stern. I prefer your brand over JJ. You've got my money. Perhaps we need to start a kick starter for them to finish code on specific games? Or open source the code to these games!

#808 10 years ago

Tomorrow is the official announcement, so pictures and the feature matrix will be released.

#809 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I've got a Tron and Avengers. Both are great games. I think both have near complete code. With that, I have issues with Avengers code. As soon as Metallica was released, Avengers lost future updates. Burned once, not burned again.

Imagine how us Xmen owners feel. Treated like the ugly step child from the start, and left behind as other games got multi code updates. We got coal for a Christmas present too.

And this treatment has caused me to pass on MET and likely on ST too.

#810 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Perhaps we need to start a kick starter for them to finish code on specific games?

I really hate when people bring things like this up ....as if we haven't paid enough already!? $6k+ for GAMES...it's not too much to ask for the GAME part of the $6k+ game to be completed lol

#811 10 years ago

I need to see what the difference is between the pro and the premium. If there isn't much difference I will get the pro and keep my nice STTNG too. If the premium is way better I will sell my nice STTNG and get a premium. Either way I am getting one.

#812 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really hate when people bring things like this up ....as if we haven't paid enough already!? $6k+ for GAMES...it's not too much to ask for the GAME part of the $6k+ game to be completed lol

So true I hope Xmen gets a deadpool wizard mode!

#813 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Imagine how us Xmen owners feel. Treated like the ugly step child from the start, and left behind as other games got multi code updates. We got coal for a Christmas present too.
And this treatment has caused me to pass on MET and likely on ST too.

Eventually Stern is going to run out of bridges (customers) to burn with their current business practices.

#814 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can I get an amen brother!

Is acdc code considered complete?

How about the poor Aussies have to throw down 13k for this le

#815 10 years ago

I guess the good news is that if they are advertising up front 6 main modes and 18 mini modes for ST that they are committed to completing it no matter what at some point. I don't recall Stern ever doing this with any previous pin (committing to the number of modes in their advertising).

#816 10 years ago

I have severely underestimated the pinball market. To sell 750 LEs at these prices is something I would have never thought possible. And this is on top of 1000 LEs being made by JJP. This is an interesting business decision. It seems Stern is willing to raise the bar until they find the top. As a businessman myself I have to say I am very interested to see how this turns out.

#817 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

If the premium is way better I will sell my nice STTNG and get a premium.

You might regret selling your STTNG... unless you don't like that pin of course. I'm not sure they will play the same, but either way play one before you decide.

Cheers

#818 10 years ago

I just got this from my local Stern Dealer

#819 10 years ago

The big reveal will probably have something to do with what that button on the lockdown bar does

Lasers

stevelaser.jpgstevelaser.jpg

#820 10 years ago

Star Trek theme:

- Photon torpedoes? Yes - Dreadnaught launches pinball
- Laser cannons? Laser light show may be secret feature?
- Transporter? Negative - no subways
- Federation colour scheme? Negative - red, the ensign away team death sentence colour

#821 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

WOOO ... Thanks!! You hit the motherload there!! "Animated Playfield laser Starfield Projector" ... Okay, now THAT sounds COOL (and probably why there are zero characters in the middle of the playfield).

But that's IT!?! Playfield Laser show??? NO LCD?!? W-T-F. Both premium and LE have the laser show. Just your few typical extras for the LE?!? UGH ...

#822 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

Hmmm....some of this looks pretty interesting. Very interested to see the light integration interest is piqued.

#823 10 years ago

The phaser and photon laser activated by button I guess is the big reveal

#824 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

"Animated Playfield laser Starfield Projector" ... Okay, now THAT sounds COOL!

Exactly!

#825 10 years ago

If a guy in his basement can make the Tron arcade mod, which has a mini LCD screen for under $220, I would think a company such as Stern with million dollar budget could do something cool on a pin like ST especially as its the most expensive pin it has ever tried to sell?

#826 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The phaser and photon laser activated by button I guess is the big reveal

Look above. A playfield laser show is the "big reveal" (and it's on both the premium AND LE). So ticked off right now. SCREW the LE ...

#827 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

Your local Stern dealer broke his embargo.

#828 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

But that's IT!?! Playfield Laser show??? NO LCD?!? W-T-F. Both premium and LE have the laser show. Just your few typical extras for the LE?!? UGH ...

Hey now... You get 4 flashers in the backbox too. That's gotta be worth $500 right there.

#829 10 years ago

frickin' lasers? That sounds pretty cool

#830 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

WOOO ... Thanks!! You hit the motherload there!! "Animated Playfield laser Starfield Projector" ... Okay, now THAT sounds COOL (and probably why there are zero characters in the middle of the playfield).

I wonder if it will project instruction text (shoot here and here) and/or Trek characters/ships.

#831 10 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

Wow, I can't believe that's it. The "toys" section says it all and only for premium / LE models. I thought after ACDC Premium and Metallica Premium there would be just as many toys / features if not more in ST.

1. Lit "USS Enterprise" Custom-Molded Model Mounted on Playfield

2 Playfield-Mounted Custom-Molded Asteroids with LED Flashers

For main attractions

"USS Vengeance" Custom-Molded Animated Ship Model (pro only)
"USS Vengeance" Custom-Molded Animated Ship Model with Crash Effect (premium / pro only)
Single Drop Target Protects "USS Vengeance" with Memory and Reset
Magnetic Ball Lock behind single "USS Vengeance" Drop Target can hold Multiple Balls
"USS Vengeance" Disintegrator, Super-Speed Ball Kicker Protects Ship & Fires Balls

How are molded asteroids that don't move considered toys?

#832 10 years ago

I still want an LCD with video

#833 10 years ago

Animated lighted side armor sounds pretty cool to me.

#834 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Hey now... You get 4 flashers in the backbox too. That's gotta be worth $500 right there.

Lol. I'm just so disappointed right now I don't know what to say. Dumbfounded. First thing I'm doing tomorrow is cancelling my LE order and going for the refund. I just can't picture some silly laser projector comparing with adding an LCD. Even if they project some images of the characters onto the playfield ... not gonna cut it. Seriously, is that not a step back from even Pin2K?!?? You know the ball won't interact with the images. And at the price point they're putting this at???

OH, someone just invented something called a "jet plane"?? Oh yeah, well look at this awesome Bi-plane we're putting out!! Take that. Of course, we have to charge a little more for ours now too but you understand.

#835 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Animated lighted side armor sounds pretty cool to me.

Call me unorthodox, but I don't look at the sides of the machine when I'm playing.

I suppose it could be a nice spectator feature like the LCD in WOZ.

#836 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Call me unorthodox, but I don't look at the sides of the machine when I'm playing.

I think it's more of an attract mode. The ship is shooting lasers. If I read it right, I think the LE includes a lighted topper as well.

I am much more excited about the LE now.

#837 10 years ago

Does the Laser do hair removal too?

#838 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I think it's more of an attract mode. The ship is shooting lasers. If I read it right, I think the LE includes a lighted topper as well.
I am much more excited about the LE now.

Where do you see topper? I might be excited if the LE were around 7k. If I wake up to 8K tomorrow ... forget it!! That's so freakin' ridiculous for the same old LE crap.
No LCD .. and I'm anticipating a monochrome cheesey laser show to replace detailed full-color artwork (on the playfield) and/or actual toy figures of characters from the movie?
How the hell do you manage to get an outdated technology (animated laser show) to work but you can't get an LCD to work?!?

#839 10 years ago

No kickback on the pro. That blows my hat in a creek

#840 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I think it's more of an attract mode. The ship is shooting lasers.

Could be cool. Guess we'll see soon enough!

#841 10 years ago

Given the feature list, I'd still be more interested in the premium than the LE, the pro is missing too many major features and I'd rather add the missing LE features I'm actually interested in myself.

#842 10 years ago

The Warp Ramp LED chase lights sound cool. Sounds like lighting is a big feature in this as opposed to toys. Interested to hear more.

#843 10 years ago

Ugh, every 5th post is "what, no LCD?" It's been well documented Stern's LCD is still many releases off, no one should be remotely surprised at this point that a Stern LCD is still not in the picture for some number of games yet.

#844 10 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

The Warp Ramp LED chase lights sound cool. Sounds like lighting is a big feature in this as opposed to toys. Interested to hear more.

That does sound cool.

#845 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Putting major costs into the animation of side armor is really a waste to me. I would much rather have a cool feature in the playfield. Like you said, the sides are not looked at when playing and many of us have our games adjacent to other games where the sides are not that visible anyway.
The projector thing sounds interesting.

#846 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I just can't picture some silly laser projector comparing with adding an LCD. Even if they project some images of the characters onto the playfield ... not gonna cut it.

Actually, I think it sounds potentially cool...anything that interacts with the playfield trumps the score display IMO. Yes, DMD should have been gone already - especially with a license that has plenty of HD color footage to use...but I'm really interested in seeing what this starfield projector is all about. Stands to be one of the coolest and unique light shows ever.

Also, I guess I was wrong about the color changing insert LEDs...the feature sheet says the Prem/LE has 60 Tri-color LEDs under inserts vs. 7 on the Pro. Very cool. Still wanna play it first and see where code is. The more multi color LED FX possibilities there are, the longer coding them is gonna take. So far most of Metallica's multi-color inserts only do red & white...one does red/purple/pink.

#847 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Putting major costs into the animation of side armor is really a waste to me. I would much rather have a cool feature in the playfield. Like you said, the sides are not looked at when playing and many of us have our games adjacent to other games where the sides are not that visible anyway.
The projector thing sounds interesting.

Agreed! And nice avatar by the way!!!

#848 10 years ago

Wahoooooo the limited

image.jpgimage.jpg

#849 10 years ago

This man knows of what he speaketh!

#850 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Agreed! And nice Avatar by the way!!!

Thanks. I had to give props to the US team for qualifying for the 2014 World Cup with two games to spare. I will likely switch my avatar back in a week or so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 9.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.