lol.jpg
asteroid.jpg
image.jpg
side_by_side.jpg
mini.jpg
st_zps968154a7.jpg
Mini-Red-Green-Laser-Lightings-Laser-P.jpg
image.jpg
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 45.
#751 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Not where my deposit is thank god!! 8-})
After our local distributor STERN got shorted by STERN on METLE he said I'd be better off putting my $$ at a larger distributor f/ST-LE which is exactly what I did (& who shall remain nameless).
Knowing Ritchie I'm positive it will be a fast, flowing & great playing game - especially when the code gets done (because that's how STERN does-it ;-{(
BUT with the pricing I'm hearing & what I'm seeing I'm really on the fence right now.

I don't doubt that you were quoted the price you stated. And you did the right thing by going somewhere else for sure.

When I was looking to buy a game (Xmen), I got quotes from a number of various distributors. Some will give you a high number and simply hope you agree to buy without realizing, or bothering, to look around. The ones who gave me the crazy prices (comparatively) are dealers who I would never deal with in the future.

#752 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm not really liking the premium art work at all, the pro is much better. Maybe I can get a premium playfield in a pro cab

It's funny but I find the Pro artwork to be better in most of their games lately.

#753 10 years ago

Color dmd in the EE maybe? I'm not talking about the solid color dmds either. That would be a big surprise and maybe justify the major price difference from the premium. I just want to know where all the extra money is going on the EE.

#754 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Color dmd in the EE maybe?

Quoted from jackal2001:

I just want to know where all the extra money is going on the EE.

Mirrored backlass, snazzy rails, shaker.

Extra money = new hires, R&D, etc. I don't think we're gonna see it in the game itself. Also, they saw 500 MetLE sell out & flipped for profit within hours....so why not make more and raise the price? I don't think they factored in the factors I posted about earlier...but I think the Met situation is why we're seeing this.

#755 10 years ago

Come on Greg. They said big surprise. They didn't say we just felt like porking you guys for more money because we felt like it.

#756 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm not really liking the premium art work at all, the pro is much better. Maybe I can get a premium playfield in a pro cab

It will be squished between your other games in a dark room. Problem solved.

#757 10 years ago

The playfield artwork is blah to me. Does anyone else think it looks a little strange that the apron overhangs the shooter lane (or is just the angle of the image)?

#758 10 years ago

"I can't let the big secret out, I will get a talking to, so you will have to check our website tomorrow. I really would love to tell you but I can't".

image.jpgimage.jpg

I heard the big secret is that there will be four rocks instead of just two. Bank on it.

#759 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I don't doubt that you were quoted the price you stated. And you did the right thing by going somewhere else for sure.
When I was looking to buy a game (Xmen), I got quotes from a number of various distributors. Some will give you a high number and simply hope you agree to buy without realizing, or bothering, to look around. The ones who gave me the crazy prices (comparatively) are dealers who I would never deal with in the future.

They have always given the Pin collectors in the DFW area GREAT pricing so I'm not bashing them in any way, shape or form.

I'm guessing it's a STERN "you can only quote" MSRP thing until its officially announced FS.

BUT & I will repeat it - $1500 over METLE's MSRP is FrEaKiNg NuTs!?!

#760 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm going to play the game when it comes out.

Now, now... Let's not be hasty.

#761 10 years ago

Not quite sure what everyone thinks simply having an LCD is going to bring to the table.

I guess it will give us something to gripe about when we don't like the quality of the animations or the lack of content

#762 10 years ago

I truly think Steve and Stern missed a golden opportunity of the Dr Who 50th anniversary later this year. Would have been such a good theme and timing.

Dr Who is wildly popular by all ages all over the globe.

#763 10 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

I heard the big secret is that there will be four rocks instead of just two. Bank on it.

Did you hear that from Napabar?

#764 10 years ago

Tomorrow all will be revealed....

#765 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mirrored backlass, snazzy rails, shaker.
Extra money = new hires, R&D, etc. I don't think we're gonna see it in the game itself. Also, they saw 500 MetLE sell out & flipped for profit within hours....so why not make more and raise the price? I don't think they factored in the factors I posted about earlier...but I think the Met situation is why we're seeing this.

I hate to think what the Zeppelin LE price tag will be...........

#766 10 years ago

I don't want to buy this game from what I have seen so far. For now my next game will be "The Hobbit".
But I hope the STERN Star Trek will sell good enough so STERN could make more games like AC/DC or Metallica in the future. I know there is something that we haven't seen so far. And I hope it will blow us away.

But what I don't understand is what STERN thinks about us customers. How should we react to this trailer? So far it looks after AC/DC and Metallica like a step back to BBH (and I liked that game) and Rolling Stones times, just with a very big prize increase. What do they think how the community here would react? Is this planned? If you talk about a game and big inovations, you can bring out a trailer for a game, but if you show playfield pictures in this trailer, that is the moment you have to bring the innovations to the table.

#767 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Not quite sure what everyone thinks simply having an LCD is going to bring to the table.

People are simply looking for justification for the large price increase!! It's really not too complicated. Love or hate the idea of an LCD, at least it would be some justification for a price increase.

#768 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

But what I don't understand is what STERN thinks about us customers. How should we react to this trailer? So far it looks after AC/DC and Metallica like a step back to BBH (and I liked that game) and Rolling Stones times,

Let's not go get crazy now.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

People are simply looking for justification for the large price increase!!

Exactly.

I am confident that we WILL see some justification for it tomorrow. Not saying that it's going to be enough justification for many, but we will see some new stuff tomorrow that we don't see in the video.

And FWIW, the LE has grown on me a LOT since yesterday. Layout looks great, and I bet it's going to be a great player. I might stay in on this.

YES I AM FICKLE!

#769 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

People are simply looking for justification for the large price increase!! It's really not too complicated. Love or hate the idea of an LCD, at least it would be some justification for a price increase.

Okay, got it.

#770 10 years ago
Quoted from Billmelater:

I am officially out of my pre-order. Taking into account the price increase, similiarity to other existing games, neutral theme (for me), subpar art package, 750 LE's, Lyman not on the code and of course the difficulty in putting 2 winners back to back just screams to wait for a year or so or pass altogether on this one. Glad I have ACDCLE and METLE,.....STLE...very doubtful at this point.
Stern - Many thanks for pulling the needle out.

Lyman not on code might be a good thing; years later and ACDC is not done yet; just saying

#771 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Lyman not on code might be a good thing; years later and ACDC is not done yet; just saying

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Was that a serious comment? Or were you just f'in with us?!

#772 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Just talked to someone at Stern. Everything will be revealed tomorrow. Everything will be on their website and all questions will be answered.

Looking forward to more info!

I'm still suspicious in that they never showed any actual footage of a DMD...

#773 10 years ago

Serious comment; the game still has modes with no animations and the tunes n stuff insert still does nothing; along with all the cannon modes that do not exsist
Just Saying

#774 10 years ago

Im excited about this one!!! Loved STTNG, Love most of Richie's pins, this should be a winner!

spck-thumb-nicholas-C.pngspck-thumb-nicholas-C.png

#775 10 years ago

Well, the teaser video was a total FAIL. Stern better hope the rest of their marketing plan goes better. Right now I am expecting to ask for a refund of my deposit unless I see something exciting... And the ship wiggling a little isn't going to cut it, so here's hoping there Steve has something up his sleeve. I love his pins but the price sounds like it will be $1500+ more than I paid for Avengers. They are about to discover price elasticity does exist.

#776 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

par for course for lots of games now days (non pinball ones as well). It's seems to be the easyer it is to install updates the more and more games and other software has moved to release now update later.

#777 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I hate to think what the Zeppelin LE price tag will be...........

I would stand in line for a Zeppelin! Better yet - a Grateful Dead pin. Can you image Jerry in the middle of the PF with a guitar and when you hit him he plays a rift. Maybe you could go on tour and see the shows. Think of all the art that would look so cool on the PF. Skull & Roses!!! OMG I wish I could build my own.

#778 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Serious comment; the game still has modes with no animations and the tunes n stuff insert still does nothing; along with all the cannon modes that do not exsist
Just Saying

Dude. Come on now. We all know he isn't done until he hits 2.0 on the code.

#779 10 years ago

Why are you guys complaining about an $8000 price tag? When premiums came along as the full featured game at 6K+ with AC/DC when just a few years ago a full featured game like POTC, SM, or BDK was $4000, were you all up in arms then?

I quote Jim Carrey in Liar Liar: "...so what I am going to do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!"

#780 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Just curious, but what "artwork" are you referring to? It's more like a color scheme if anything. I see a yellowish cloud of color fading into a larger red cloud (nebula?). Other then that, you have a very simple, cartoonish (silly in fact) control deck down by the flippers. That's what you like? I think there were so many great characters and scenes from the movies that are completely absent. Nothing. As everyone else has said ... take off the 2 ships and the average person would be very hard pressed to guess the theme. Way to NOT integrate the theme into the playfield.
"Artwork" = FAIL.

In a less is more sort of way and yes it is "different and simple", if you like or not is another thing, as is the cost verses effort question, I agree it is more of a colour scheme as opposed to a master piece though but each to their own, lets see how well it does at the box-office so to speak.

As I said the theme across the whole table does not work or go together. Once the pro-modders have had a chance to plan their attack the fact that there is not a lot of clutter currently (to put it politely) means that the scope for improvements is going to be vast. Lets face it the home and pro modders here will do a much better job of it than Stern has done.

#781 10 years ago

$8,100 shipped???

Are they nuckin' futs?!?

#782 10 years ago

I'm already comtemplating how I could just change the USS Vengence to make it look like the Millenium Falcon instead and pull out the USS Enterprise and replace it with an X-Wing (or an X-1 that Vader flew?) Fighter toy and VOILA ... I have a brand new Star Wars pin.

#783 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Dude. Come on now. We all know he isn't done until he hits 2.0 on the code.

I really wonder if that's going to happen at this point. It's been about 6 months since we have last had an ACDC update. Hopefully us owners and operators get at least one more!

#784 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just Saying

Well then...... I would sell your AC/DC. Oooooooh that's right you did for the second time. Baaaaahh haaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!

Only kidding Derek

#785 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I kept telling him how disappointed I was and there must be more to this game and he said "I can't let the big secret out, I will get a talking to, so you will have to check our website tomorrow. I really would love to tell you but I can't".
I don't know what it means but I'm sure it is not an LCD, he was persistent that Stern was not prepared for an LCD in Star Trek but future games will have them.

A few people are saying this. And that's fine. But it is going to need to be a pretty good surprise to overcome all the negative feelings about the game from the teaser video. Right now the teaser was a big mistake, because releasing it without telling us the party trick, and continuing to keep it "secret" is just dumb. So I'll still hold final judgement until I play it, but I'm interested to hear this big secret.

#786 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It will be squished between your other games in a dark room. Problem solved.

Thanks Greg, this gave me a chuckle and is true. As you know they are all lined up inches apart, and I don't have a game with red trim yet

#787 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

My part of the world is reportedly quoting LE's ~11K USD (~13.5K NZD) landed
Edit: Should stress that this includes a guarantee that Bumper Abusements (the Aussie firm) will NOT be involved in any way

Yup.... both distributors down here quote $13.5k for the Star Trek le

I think I will just play the local operators Star Trek pro, F that price lol

#788 10 years ago

The Hobbit is $7500 with a lot going on and confirmed LCD

ST EE best price so far is what $8K shipped?

I doubt anyone is selling below $7500

Have patience people they are making 799 of them. Hardly anyone I know is in on it. The distributors may get stuck holding lots of games as with X-men Magneto. Then what happens? My guess is anyone that holds out will pay less than $7500

One thing is for sure. That is the next game will have another price increase

#789 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I really wonder if that's going to happen at this point. It's been about 6 months since we have last had an ACDC update. Hopefully us owners and operators get at least one more!

Weren't they running some new code at PAPA? If so, imagine it's a matter of time before another update. Regardless, I'd probably point to Metallica if you're looking for a Lyman game that isn't completed code wise. I don't even think it's his fault either, they just aren't giving them the time or resources to do stuff.

With that said, I'm not buying games with incomplete code. I got AC/DC in March because I felt it was at a good point. But I won't buy Metallica (which I want), WOZ, or any other game that doesn't have semi-completed code.

#790 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm already comtemplating how I could just change the USS Vengence to make it look like the Millenium Falcon instead and pull out the USS Enterprise and replace it with an X-Wing (or an X-1 that Vader flew?) Fighter toy and VOILA ... I have a brand new Star Wars pin.

I declare the ST mod season open, let the mods begin

#791 10 years ago

I'm still cautiously optimistic. I think their are some fair comparisons with STTNG. I'm debating if I replace my STTNG with this new one, or run them side by side. Let's not forget, most of us were able to buy one because people got tired of it being a drain monster. STTNG is not a one size fits all pin. It can be very finicky to maintain. It is a beast to move. I've put mine in and out of basement. So, here comes a brighter, shinier, less dark purple, Star Trek that could be fun for players of all skill sets to play........ That counts as a win in my book.

I think with the ramps having the same names, what we could hear from Steve is he's essentially re-imagined the game for 'modern times' I know him and Stern will have a few tricks up their sleeves.

I love my STTNG, but no one else in my family does. And it does have the lane extenders on them.....

I have immediate acceptance from the wife for the theme, which is another great win. She's a self described Trekkie, but she'll play Tron and X-men over STTNG any day of the week.

My one fear for this one is price. My x-men LE was really pushing it. I held off on Metallica for this one.

#792 10 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Weren't they running some new code at PAPA? If so, imagine it's a matter of time before another update. Regardless, I'd probably point to Metallica if you're looking for a Lyman game that isn't completed code wise. I don't even think it's his fault either, they just aren't giving them the time or resources to do stuff.
With that said, I'm not buying games with incomplete code. I got AC/DC in March because I felt it was at a good point. But I won't buy Metallica (which I want), WOZ, or any other game that doesn't have semi-completed code.

I sold 4 of my pins in the past 90 days

Pockets are swollen with scrilla & space is a plenty now.

OMG I want a MET Pro so F'n bad!!!!

Alas I refuse to sink $4500 into incomplete shit however

Maybe late 2014 Metallica will be ready?

ST lol 2015!?!

#793 10 years ago

After 24 hours of mulling it over, I've softened my opinion on it. I think there is definitely something more to the game yet to be revealed, and a mash up of 2 of my favorite games (STTNG and SM) is perhaps not a bad thing. I'm really looking forward to playing the game, if nothing else. If the premium trim wasn't the worst looking of the 3 (can't stand tacky-looking red on a game - even a video cab or console), I might would consider working a trade with some of my other games. Surely they are keeping something a secret. Last time I checked, Stern was also letting less than great comments stay up on their pages. Someone might be giggling with anticipation over there. I truly hope so. I really want Steve's game to be great, and not have crappy art decisions ruin potential. If want we see is what we get, then holy crap it's not good. I'd be a little satisfied just to see the red go away and the crummy speaker panel too. Anyone know if the Enterprise on the side rotates and fires a proton torpedo or something? I'm disappointed for sure at this point but I'll pass final judgement after I play it or lighten up a little after they hopefully reveal a hoax. We'll see soon I guess.

#794 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

A few people are saying this. And that's fine. But it is going to need to be a pretty good surprise to overcome all the negative feelings about the game from the teaser video. Right now the teaser was a big mistake, because releasing it without telling us the party trick, and continuing to keep it "secret" is just dumb. So I'll still hold final judgement until I play it, but I'm interested to hear this big secret.

The big reveal will probably have something to do with what that button on the lockdown bar does

#795 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Maybe late 2014 Metallica will be ready?

ST lol 2015!?!

XM more than a year later is still not complete so you never know you could be right on the money with that one even though you were likely joking. That is another thing that really frustrates me about a rumored price bump their code from machine to machine is hit or miss and updates are too few and far between. For that type of customer service we should be getting a price decrease IMO. I don't like to be negative but this supposed price increase has me pretty frustrated.

#796 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

The big reveal will probably have something to do with what that button on the lockdown bar does

If that's true it better set off the most impressive fireworks display I have ever seen with scantily clad women popping out of the coin door (like coming out of a giant birthday cake) to surprise me. Then I'll consider the 8K+ price on the LE.

#797 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I heard pressing the lockdown bar button changes the art, toys, DMD, speaker panel, MDF head, completes the code & reduces the price $1500

Don't get me wrong, layout looks legit!

#798 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

If that's true it better set off the most impressive fireworks display I have ever seen with scantily clad women popping out of the coin door (like coming out of a giant birthday cake) to surprise me. Then I'll consider the 8K+ price on the LE.

They'd better blow you for $8K+.

#799 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

They'd better blow you for $8K+.

I can't endorse that type of talk but must admit it had me cracking up.

#800 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I heard pressing the lockdown bar button changes the art, toys, DMD, speaker panel, MDF head, completes the code & reduces the price $1500
Don't get me wrong, layout looks legit!

I heard NOT pressing it holds off the onset of further disappointment........how's your will power?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
There are 2,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-1/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.