IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0722 (resized).JPG
IMAG2062[1] (resized).jpg
Priceisright-I_hate_you_smile (resized).jpg
priceisright-price_guesstimates (resized).jpg
IMG_0527 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 7 years ago

I'm doing 74 new playfields. 50 are gone, & the last 20 will be the first 6 months of 2017. Backglass I continue to do on demand. There are some more guys interested in building ones from other Stern games. Plastic sets are still in demand, & Marco Specialties said they would step up & order a bunch.

IMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPG

#35 7 years ago

Almost all the people that have ordered a playfield, need it. Very few I know are speculating, & a few have a playfield & searching for the pin to install in. I will never do anymore of these.

3 weeks later
#51 7 years ago

Well I have sold 50 replacement playfields so far.

#60 7 years ago

I think 2 to 4 new Star Gazer's have been done, 2 finished & another in the 2 in the works, so 4. Might be more, but there are only 23 more available playfields.

#81 7 years ago

Direct Ink Restorations came to a halt earlier this year. The old Color Span 9840 was at the end of the printers life cycle. Very few parts available, & it has gone to the grave. So overlays are the only way to finish what's still here. Price was reduced & people get a installed one.

Cut playfields for Star Gazer is all that will ever be produced by me. Slowly as demand warrants in 2017. These are printed on a OCE Arizona flatbed uv inkjet printer that prints white & CMYK. 2 hits of white, & color for playfields. Glass gets single blocking hit.

Seawitch news coming next week, & likely the production run will be around 40 - 50 playfields.

Star Gazer: My guess 75% going into upgrading owners game now or in the near future. 10% making a new one from a donor Stern. 15% speculation, either in the hunt for a wornout one, or for trade/gain in future sale.

#84 7 years ago

2 playfields left that are finished, but were the worst for crap dust caught in top finish clear coat. Discounting these to $400 US to USA shipped. So if you have a poor playfield & want a cheap upgrade here is your chance. Hopefully the clear coat contractor gets back to a high standard in 2017. I can provide better pictures, & explain what I see. #51 is the last discounted $500 US one sold.

After these 2 are gone, only the 20 playfields left. A few are sold & waiting delivery early 2017. All the pre orders were done & shipped. So when these are gone, no more future Star Gazer playfields from me.

IMG_0722 (resized).JPGIMG_0722 (resized).JPG

IMG_0723 (resized).JPGIMG_0723 (resized).JPG

IMG_0724 (resized).JPGIMG_0724 (resized).JPG

IMG_0725 (resized).JPGIMG_0725 (resized).JPG

4 years later
#96 3 years ago

So years later I am still making new Star Gazer playfields. Just over 100+ so far, & the next 24 working on. There is no wait, these will be available this month along with backglass.

IMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#98 3 years ago

There will be lots of Seawitch & Star Gazer playfield & glass available this winter.

#100 3 years ago

Yes there will be plenty of playfields. So far likely 6 of 24 Star Gazer are wanted at this time. I am on my way to the sign shop (now) to get the 3 holes that were drilled out left of the shooter base back to dimple holes. They are ready to cut the next 32 Seawitch production playfields Pro#21-Pro#32
Any guys that are prepaid can get a finished Pro# one that is here in a box or the last group being cleared next week. Same with guys that are on the wait list for a Grade A or a discounted one. To clarify about wood burn. So discounted ones if the sanding through the veneer is in a not printed area, (wood area normally seen & not covered up). So I check the lanes, pop bumpers, & target areas. If I clearly seen it then it gets a Not Grade A Rating & is discounted.

My main focus now that I have retired is playfield production that no one else should be working on (Low Demand). So very soon I expect to start my first PPS em title (likely many more for years & into electronic titles if things go ok). Also in the works with PPS is Firepower 2, & Big Game locally. All my contractors know that playfield production is ramping up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 199.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-gazer-how-many-left?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.