IMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0722 (resized).JPG
IMAG2062[1] (resized).jpg
Priceisright-I_hate_you_smile (resized).jpg
priceisright-price_guesstimates (resized).jpg
IMG_0527 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I looked at pinballowners and only 38 entry.
I also looked at ipsnd and only 29 entry.
That's about 4% of the 869 games produced.

I take a risk and estimate that only 10% of those games still exist today, 87 games in total

What's your opinion about this ??

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd say way more than 87 games exist if John has 74 orders for replacement playfields.....

How many persons buy repro parts hoping to find the machine later or simply to keep it in the dark waiting it to get more value in the future to resell it for a higher price ??

I'm willing to raise my number to 125 after reading others point of view

Most Star Gazer don't need new playfield from all the pictures i saw from the web, usually they are still in good condition. I saw regularly Centaur or Fathom playfield destroyed for comparaison.

3 weeks later
#48 7 years ago

87 Star Gazer are on the pinsiders wishlist for 51 owners, it will take lot of time to satisfy everyone !!
Possibly there's less owners in reality because the not updated list.

#80 7 years ago

I'm thinking that most of the repro playfield sold are based on speculation to find the game, making money in selling them at a higher price later or to make a new machine.
I'm also in vidz hobby and lot of repro parts for rare games are going for a complete repro game. (Major Havoc, Quantum etc ...)
I watched pictures from all Star Gazer possible and most already have nice playfield, no need replacement.
It's easy to find pictures from trashed Fathom, EBD or Flash Gordon playfield but much harder to find trashed Star Gazer playfield.
It's also better to try to keep the original playfield the most possible for a rare and nice game this kind in my opinion.

I stick to my speculation 125 to 150 still available. Project, complete or still undiscovered !
I think it's a big number for a 37 years old game that wasn't very popular back in the early 80's.
Not sure all operators kept them for all that time, lot of them were trashed or destroyed by poor storage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 199.95
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HPR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-gazer-how-many-left?tu=HPR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.