• Latest reply 2 years ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

33B41122-85ED-4E59-B830-74A896C3FEB2 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I am trying to reverse-engineer the ruleset for Stern/CC Stampede, based on the schematic and parts catalog I have, plus a non-working machine. Does anyone have a good ruleset for this machine to save me some trouble? Or, if someone could take a video of 5 or 10 minutes of gameplay, that would help me too. It’s been a challenge trying to reverse engineer the rules from the schematic, and I’m not 100% sure it’s even entirely possible!

It would be most helpful to have a video of gameplay, but I haven’t been able to find a good one anywhere since it’s not a popular game.

#2 2 years ago

Reverse-engineering rulesets from EM schematics is a noble undertaking, and often feasible. I suggest that you go over the 6 volt section first, to see all the "when lit" lights. On this game, you would be tracing down how the "lit feature" is changed. Also, there is a captive ball that can be lit for special, but that is not one of the "lit feature" options, so you need to work backwards from the special light to get the set of conditions that light it.

The flyer can be a big help! It's almost a ruleset by itself.
.................David Marston

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

Reverse-engineering rulesets from EM schematics is a noble undertaking, and often feasible. I suggest that you go over the 6 volt section first, to see all the "when lit" lights. On this game, you would be tracing down how the "lit feature" is changed. Also, there is a captive ball that can be lit for special, but that is not one of the "lit feature" options, so you need to work backwards from the special light to get the set of conditions that light it.
The flyer can be a big help! It's almost a ruleset by itself.

The flyer was helpful for sure. It doesn’t give a complete ruleset but it’s a good start. Things like point values for targets and switches is straight forward from the schematic and your idea of starting with the lights and going backwards is a great idea.

The feature lights have a strange order. They don’t seem to light sequentially, but they jump around a bit. If I’m reading the schematic below correctly, it seems like it goes:

Spinner, 2x bonus, hole & extra lane together, spinner, 2x bonus, spinner, 2x bonus, 2x bonus, spinner, hole & extra lane together. Is this correct?

It seems like the extra lane is always lite together with the hole. Is that right?

33B41122-85ED-4E59-B830-74A896C3FEB2 (resized).jpeg33B41122-85ED-4E59-B830-74A896C3FEB2 (resized).jpeg
#4 2 years ago

I own Rawhide but don’t have immediate access to it. I remember there is a stepper under the playfield that tries to make some of the awards random but ultimately there is a pattern. I did a live stream of this being played last winter unfortunately I don’t think I have it anymore.

It sounds like your game is behaving properly

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

It sounds like your game is behaving properly

It’s not behaving at all at the moment, since it’s in pieces

Ok it’s good to know that the feature lites are semi-random. That makes sense.

If you ever decide to stream your Rawhide again, please let me know! I’d love to see it in action.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

If I’m reading the schematic below correctly, it seems like it goes: Spinner, 2x bonus, hole & extra lane together, spinner, 2x bonus, spinner, 2x bonus, 2x bonus, spinner, hole & extra lane together. Is this correct?

That's what it looks like to me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stampede-ruleset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.