(Topic ID: 71415)

Stern ST - Boring to watch? (Strategy talk now!)

By FrederikFrost

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by EricR
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T2...jpg
Troll.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Proposed v1.3 Stern Star Trek Strategy:

2. play the level IIs of the modes you played in step 1 (so stay away from the mode you haven't played at all yet because you don't want to start Kobiyashi Maru prematurely) in the following way:
completely finish level II for a couple of the modes and then for the others finish most of the shots until you are down to two or three shots (status report tells you how many shots are left) and then TIME OUT these modes so it ends with two or three shots left (take note of which shots are left). Just make sure the last two shots left over for the deliberate time-out are the shot doublers for the modes you plan to finish at level III and not the timed out mode. The reason for this is that these last couple of shots are absolutely massive in points (the last two shots of NERO for example were worth 5 or 6M points each undoubled iirc) and you want to shoot them with both the shot doubler (available for completing a level III mode) and combo doubler for 4x points.
3. Ok, taking note of which shots are left over for the deliberately timed-out level II modes, proceed to complete level III for the modes corresponding to those shots using the level II modes you did finish so that the 2x shot doubler is available for those shots of the timed-out unfinished level II modes.
4. Now start the level II modes you deliberately timed out and for each, hit an unlit shot to lite the combo doubler for one of the lit shots. Hit the combo hurry-up plus the 2x shot double for 4x MASSIVE POINTS (remember these are the last two shots of the level II mode so they are huge to begin with).
Just doing this should get you 30 or 40 M points for the mode, so doing this for three modes gives 120M.

This would be fine except you can't time out the level 2 modes, only the level one modes as I understand it. Correct?

2 weeks later
#115 10 years ago

Thank you for confirming what I thought might be the case. When I get the level 3 doublers for the left or right ramp, combo scores just don't seem much bigger. I will say this, however. They do count for something. I have been trying a new strategy of playing Save the Enterprise down to level 3, then playing Klingon Battle down to level 3. The other day on location I had my best score to date doing this of 82M, and never even came close to the KM mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-st-boring-to-watch?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.