3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Captain_Kirk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Anybody on hold from purchasing Stern's newest games due to the problems/concerns with the Spike system? It seems now Stern's only issues are not QC but a system possibly not living up to expectations. I owned many Sterns over the years and realized when I purchased one it would require fixing problems, some major other minor. I never had board failures or update issues or other problems buyers are describing in their most recent Spike game-GOT. Is this a problem or are buyers expecting too much from a new system. I don't question Stern's ability to fix problems, but why have so many to begin with. It seems new owners are spending more time then they want to get these issues resolved. Curious on the response of those fence sitters and actual owners of these games.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Anybody on hold from purchasing Stern's newest games due to the problems/concerns with the Spike system? It seems now Stern's only issues are not QC but a system possibly not living up to expectations. I owned many Sterns over the years and realized when I purchased one it would require fixing problems, some major other minor. I never had board failures or update issues or other problems buyers are describing in their most recent Spike game-GOT. Is this a problem or are buyers expecting too much from a new system. I don't question Stern's ability to fix problems, but why have so many to begin with. It seems new owners are spending more time then they want to get these issues resolved. Curious on the response of those fence sitters and actual owners of these games.

No concerns with SPIKE here.

#3 3 years ago

No first hand experiences, but I have just left the fence. I'll be picking up my GoT Premium tomorrow.

Wading thru the several GoT threads, seems as if the latest SW update addresses a reported node board issue. So, maybe an evolutionary thing that will work itself out over time.

We shall see.

#4 3 years ago

I have 2 spike games. One bought NIB and one bought HUO. Pretty much zero problems. The sound is substantially better with spike, so far I really like the new system. There was a batch of bad SD cards that caused a lot of headaches but other than that most issues seem pretty normal for newly released games.

#5 3 years ago

Dont care for it...... Sticking with whitestar and sam

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Dont care for it...... Sticking with whitestar and sam

Probably should stick to EM's, then.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Probably should stick to EM's, then.

And whats wrong with EM's......Tell me that when your on you ??? node board and waiting for Stern to send you a new one.

#8 3 years ago

From the perspective of simply playing games on Spike (KISS), I can say the sound quality is substantially better. I'm not a fan of the 5V flashers or the power switch location however.

#9 3 years ago

I have all 4 of their spike pins, no issues with spike boards, sound is better.

#10 3 years ago

Only problem I find is that the pin is now very, very light and easy to tilt.
    Thankfully mine is in WNBJM and fitted on the crate so it is rock solid.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

From the perspective of simply playing games on Spike (KISS), I can say the sound quality is substantially better. I'm not a fan of the 5V flashers or the power switch location however.

What's wrong with 5v flashers? LEDs require very little voltage to fully illuminate. Why have 20v for flashers just because the technology to light flashers with 5v didn't exist in the 70's when the flasher was invented?

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

And whats wrong with EM's......Tell me that when your on you ??? node board and waiting for Stern to send you a new one.

Someone naive enough to argue that EMs are more reliable than modern machines? Let's just have one of each sit for a couple months covered up. Wonder which one is going to need to be gone through to play mmmkkkkkayyy.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Not even worried about that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside