Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by HDBrian
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

520-5318-00C Schematics.pdf (PDF preview)
    520-5321-00C Damage (resized).jpg
    20231219_014212 (resized).jpg
    520-5321-00C-Schematic-ELG-Node-Board.pdf (PDF preview)
    pasted_image (resized).png
    distri 48 (resized).png
    power distri (resized).png
    520-5321-00 Rev C Damage (resized).jpg
    520-5321-00C-Schematic-ELG-Node-Board (1).pdf (PDF preview)
    449c7152735c92a1d5955972e59e167599aec98f (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #147 Link to individual Stern PDFs of Spike schematics Posted by HighVoltage (5 years ago)

Post #171 PDF of the available schematics. Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #411 Fault and current measurements go to the microcontroller. Posted by mbwalker (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlippinJB:

Agree with you 100%. But in my day, you'd stick a new tip102 or whatever in! I love the new technology in these machines, but if it pops at the drop of a hat - and that costs me 260 quid each time - then that's just not sustainable. Stern should not see the failure of their boards as a revenue flow as people have to buy new ones out of warranty. We all know that things go wrong with electronics, but I firmly believe that all pinball companies should support their customers by minimising the profit they make from essential replacement assemblies like node boards - especially since these seem to be something of a common point of failure, looking at other threads.
    From a Stern marketing point of view, I would hope they would realise that if people are routinely encountering problems like this that cost them 260 quid to fix, then it follows that they will be much less likely to buy a Stern game in the future. My Ghostbusters has less than 200 plays on it.

Shit happens all the time and everywhere... My HUO GB has around 5k games played. Nothing major did go bad except for 2 switches...

Quoted from DNO:

Node boards don’t fail very often. And this whole conversation has been had over and over.

True, its like reviews on Amazon. If something is bad there is a good chance someone will write a bad review. But if something is good the chances of getting a good review are not as high as getting a bad review. Maybe some operators can share their experience. But the operators I know had very few nodes fails.

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Some of my experiences....GB did have a node replaced in the first month, free from Stern. Both of these have been rock solid though, along with 15-20 other Spike games I maintain, with similar or more play.[quoted image][quoted image]

The operator which is a friend has almost every new Stern game, except for JP and SThings. But only 1 board really failed. Node 8 on his GOT LE had a reset issue. If both flippers were hit at the same time the board would reset. Stern was using different Nodes up until GOT. These nodes were smaller and felt a lot cheaper. Stern started using different boards beginning with GB. So some issues have been solved by Stern at this point.
    Also his BM66 CPU Node had a failure. The Backbox speakers were never working. I told him that, since he didn't even notice. I bet they were already out at the unboxing. However the game was still playable. BM66 is his best earner till today. Last time i met him, he said it was around 30k plays in 4 years, which is a lot for a German location.
    If remember correct the missing sound was a issue with Sterns board supplier. Since a lot of Star Wars had this issue as well.
    So far he is really impressed how this system is holding up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-schematics-coming-this-month?tu=Midway-Man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.